April 2014 Moms

CS Moms-Help

I didn't see this anywhere when I searched, but I am not sure what I would search for really. How the F did you get rid of the bandage residue on your skin? I have tried alcohol and vaseline. STILL THERE with all the fuzz from my clothes. Not that I am trying to be sexy any time soon, but looks and feels so gross. Any tips would be helpful!!

Re: CS Moms-Help

• Not a CS mama but I had a lot of tape glue left on my forearm from my IV ( was fuzzy too from clothing and life) I tried to gently get it off in the shower but mostly just let it wear off on its own...it took about 2 weeks for all of it to be gone.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
                                ~Missed MC at 8 weeks. D&C at 12 weeks on 4/17/13~ 
       Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Any type of oil might work-baby, olive, peanut butter.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My bandage residue gave me a bad rash in the hospital. It only came off after multiple showers. Wish there was an easy answer :-/
  • Rubbed it off in the shower. Still finding small bits I missed, and LO is a month old.....
    imageDSC_9275  image

• I finally got the last of mine off this week (I'm 4 weeks pp). Scrub it with a cotton ball full of alcohol before every shower, then use a rag to scrub in the shower. It took some time and persistence, I seriously thought it wasn't gonna come off, but after 4 or 5 times, it all washed away.
  • My doctor said nail polish remover but I just rubbed it good wit soap, water and a wash cloth and it came off over time.
  • laf83laf83 member
    Try hair conditioner over the tape marks in the shower massage/rub in circles.
  • zazu13zazu13 member
    Mineral oil

IVF #1 Sep '11 - canceled poor response

IVF #2 Nov '11  8R/8M/4F 3dt x2 - chemical

IVF #3 April '12  11R/6M/4F 3dt x2 - m/c

FET #1 Aug 2012  3dt x2 - BFN

**new RE**

IVF #4 Jan '13 BFN 11R/6M/6F 5dt x2 - BFN

IVF #5 July '13 16R/10M/10F 5dt x2 + 1 frostie

9dp5dt Beta 1 = 344!! 16dp5dt. Beta 2 = 4822 7wk u/s= 2 heartbeats!

Twin girls! 3/6/14

• My dr used alcohol pad when I went in for my.2 wk check to get the rest off. But I've used baby oil to get the stuff off my arms.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Scrubbed it in the shower. It took a long time to get it all off though because it was tender for a while.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Man, they didn't tell me to do anything! Maybe I have something different? I can see the stitches where they tied off the end & I still have the marker ink where they drew the line to cut. Not sure if I have tape as well tho. I kind of just leave it alone & think it will do its own thing, the incision really weirds me out & I don't really want to touch it!
  • Thanks all! I am glad I'm not the only one wearing fuzz after my c section. I will try baby oil, even though I love the peanut butter idea! I too am terrified to look fully at what's going on down there with the incision. I have butterfly bandage things over it now that will fall off. I assume I will be waiting a while for that!

Thanks again!
  • I'm too squeamish to scrub my incision with anything, but I used olive oil on a cotton ball around the stickies from my IV, and it worked perfectly.

Lilypie - (tQ1Y)

Lilypie - (Rgc4)

Daisypath - (bXqd)

Natural miscarriage @ 8 weeks - 3/8/2005
    Big Brother "Skippy" born - 2/28/2007
    Missed miscarriage - (EDD 3/5/2013) - D&E @ 11 weeks - 8/8/2012
    "Hen" (EDD 6/7/2013) - born sleeping @ 19 weeks - 1/15/2013
    "G-Unit" born - 4/14/2014 and he's 100% perfection!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"