1st Trimester

Hair Changes

Anyone noticing their hair changing?  I've began to notice my hair feels a lot drier and not as shiny. I've also had a few dark hairs pop up by my belly button.

Re: Hair Changes

• You hair might become drier and more brittle because your little one is getting as much out of you as they can.  Keep taking your vitamins, drink lots of water and look into coconut oil for conditioning your hair.  
    Married on October 20, 2012.  Began trying in January 2013.
    RE appointment & testing December 2013 - February 2014= Unexplained IF, possible endometriosis
    IUI#1- March 22 (100mg clomid, 75 mg of Bravelle, Ovidrel trigger) = BFP!!!

• Hair changes are very normal in pregnancy and can be different in very pregnant woman and in every pregnancy. With DD I had beautiful thick hair while pregnant. This time around my hair is failing out more then normal which my OB says is just my reaction to the pregnancy hormones this time around. 
     image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Hair changes are totally natural and not always great. :-( I noticed that my hair fell out with my son and never really recovered and once it started to I had my daughter lol So total cycle all over again. And I am here again so totally expecting that it will continue down a spiralling hill. Prenatal vitamins might help with it or amping up the leave in condition treatments or deep conditioner treatments when you wash it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Baby #1 7/16/10
    Baby #2 11/14/12 
    Baby #3 12/11/14
    Baby #4  3/30/17
    Baby #5 2/28/19 
    Baby #6 Miscarriage
    Baby #7 7/3/22
    Naturally with PCOS

• For me my hair seems to be getting really thick and shiny, same with last pregnancy.  I think the worst hair related thing is AFTER baby is born and your hair starts shedding and you get lovely pregnancy bangs/baby hairs.  
    IAmPregnant Ticker

• My first pregnancy, I never had any significant change in my hair, but this time around my hair was falling out like mad until about three or four days ago. I've been so sick with M/S that I couldn't keep my prenatals down until recently, so I assume they were the culprits. Yesterday I finally felt like I was getting that lush pregnancy hair everyone talks about, fingers crossed it sticks around for a while.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Other than my hair getting a lot thicker towards the wd and not falling out so much I saw no changes.
  • Mine is dry and dull too!  I take prenatals with DHA every day, and have even tried an avocado mask on my hair.  Still dry.  I drink at LEAST 2 nalgene bottles of water every day.  I never use a hair dryer and still....boring hair.  I previously had shiny, long, beautiful (although very fine) hair.  
    Teeny tiny price to pay for the miracle going on inside us, though, right ladies?
    BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"