November 2013 Moms

Soon to be SIL....

wants to have an anniversary dinner for my future in-laws the Friday before our wedding. Am I being a bridezilla if I don't want this event to occur 2 days before our wedding? I'm at work and just got this info via text message from my SO and I haven't had a chance to discuss with him yet. Can't wait for that convo later!

Re: Soon to be SIL....

• How big of a dinner is it?  If it is just immediate family, I don't think I would have a problem.  But if it is a big event, I think it would be too much for one weekend.  Just see what SO has to say.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • not worried about the dinner taking away from our wedding at all....just worried that I will be too stressed. I work full time and will need any extra time to get last minute things together for the wedding. Plus we are going on our honeymoon right after the wedding. It's just too much I think.
  • She wants the dinner to be on Friday. The rehearsal dinner is Saturday and our wedding is on Sunday.  SIL is also assuming that family will be coming to CT on Friday.
  • Kim22Kim22 member
    My birthday and anniversary are 8 days apart. I for sure did not celebrate my own birthday the year I got married until we were on our honeymoon and DH did a special dinner on the beach. If the rest of the family wants a dinner fine but I don't think anyone should expect you to attend.
  • I say that you decline and then do something nice for them on the night of your rehearsal dinner as well. It's not fair to expect someone planning such a huge event to be free two days before hand. Especially if you have a baby and are working full time!
  • thanks for your opinions, ladies! I'm still frustrated because SO said to me last night 'it's only a dinner that would take up 2 hours, what's the big deal?' I want that extra time in case we are scrambling to get something done at the last minute. Or that evening we could relax before all the craziness starts. He just doesn't get it. Luckily I also have my mother on my side. She's a force to be reckoned with!
  • @braasche1 there's no way dinner is only going to take 2 hours, but that's what SO thinks! No concept of time!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"