Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

recovery time after salpingectomy?

hi all.  i am new to this forum but not new to loss, unfortunately.

i had an emergency salpingectomy to remove my right tube on wednesday 4/23 after my tube ruptured due to an ectopic pregnancy.  that whole process was pretty traumatic, though fortunately i knew that the pregnancy was not viable before the rupture so i was prepared for that.

i started to feel a bit better on friday evening, and yesterday i was very active.  i have three flights of stairs in my house and i went up and down several times.  by bedtime i was in a lot of pain and discomfort, and i feel as though i overdid it.  i haven't taken any pain medication in 12 hours and i am very uncomfortable, which leads me to believe i am not ready to go back to work.  i have a lot of discomfort at my incision site, and cramping near my hips and in my lower back.

how long were you out of work after having a fallopian tube removed?  how soon did you ease off meds?

my ttc backstory:  started ttc in january 2012.  tx for medical reasons/not viable at 20 weeks 7/2012.  m/c at 5 weeks in 11/13 and 1/14.  ectopic/salpingectomy 4/2014. 

Re: recovery time after salpingectomy?

• Options
    I haven't lost a tube, but I'm sorry for your loss and wanted to welcome you to the board.

BFP: 3/9/2014  EDD: 11/11/2014  MMC: 4/10/2014  D&C: 4/11/2014
  • Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. I don't have any experience with ectopic, but maybe call your doctor?
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I took a month off I think. Take it easy and if it still hurts tomorrow I would call your doc.

"Love is what makes pain bearable." - I love you my Angels. 
    **All After a Loss Welcome**
    BFP #1: 6/25/09 EDD 2/13/10 @ 6 weeks- Saw HB @ 9 weeks - DS born 2/11/10 (39w5d)
    BFP #2: 2/20/13 EDD 11/4/13 - Saw HB 3/19/13 (7w2d) - MMC discovered 4/13/13 (10w5d) - Est. loss @ 9w3d - D&C 4/14/13
    BFP #3: 12/19/13 (4 w1d) EDD 8/27/14 - 1/1/14 discovered it was ectopic/ tube had burst/ had surgery to remove tube (@ 6 weeks)
    BFP #4: 9/10/14 (3w6d) EDD 5/21/15 - natural MC 9/23/14 @ 5w5d
    BFP #5: 11/23/14 (3w3d) EDD 8/4/15 - Please be our Rainbow!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    ASRDHASRDH member
    I took nearly a month off. I'm a dental hygienist so the muscles they go through I use all the time. I was very aware of that and PCP was very cautious. I also had considerable bleeding so I had a lot of bruising and had anemia for sometime after. Its now been 6weeks. I have been feeling alright for the last couple of weeks but anything snug on my right side would leave me sore.
    I only stayed on Tylenol 3 for the first weekend, because that's all the hospital sent me home with. After that I took 600mg of motrin every 6 hrs and 500mg Tylenol every 4 for the next week or 2. I stopped taking the Tylenol first. Then started decreasing motrin. Motrin helps with the swelling. This is the first week I've not taken anything.
    Take it easy. The more you push yourself now, likely it will only set you for a longer recovery. Please be patient. Your hormones and emotions are probably going to kick in too. I'm stilling crying some nights.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"