September 2014 Moms

Well, Guess We're Moving to Team Green

First of all, the only thing I was truly worried about at the AS this morning was the little one's health, and luckily, everything looked good...so on to the odd part.  I had planned on finding out the sex, but SO didn't want to know, so I was going to have the tech tell me on my way out.  After hearing this plan, the US tech began telling me all the reasons that I shouldn't find out...I kept saying...yes, well, I think I still want to know.  Anyhow, we get to the end and she tells us that she can tell what the sex is, but somehow the tech and my SO have convinced each other that we don't want to find out and I just sort of went along with it, because I didn't want to be silly and dramatic and demand to know.  So, I guess we're team green now!  Not really by choice, but oh well!  Here's our 19 week 3 day US pic of the gender neutral baby :)

Pregnancy Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Well, Guess We're Moving to Team Green

• wpatxwpatx member
    @Trombgirl I like your compromise, and I'm impressed you're keeping the secret, because I know I would have had such a hard time keeping it a secret if only I had found out!

When it comes down to it, I feel like I have gotten my way so many times with other things regarding the pregnancy (tiny stuff, but still), that him owning this little piece of it is a nice little gift to him...or at least I'll keep telling myself that!  He is very curious about what it feels like for me to have the baby move, etc.  So, this is something fun he can take ownership of :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Good reasoning! What annoyed me the most about team green last time was everyone under the sun guessing baby's sex and looking at me like I had three heads when I said I didn't know. That, and my MIL getting super annoyed with green and yellow clothes.....but that was a good thing really, lol. But your H's feelings far outweigh any of that sillyness. :)
  • We are team green as well because when I met my husband I said if I ever had kids I thought it would be a nice surprise. Now after having gone through what we did to get here, I kind of want to know, but my husband is against it. He's been so supportive of me and marriage is give and take so I am fine with it. I get a lot of "oh my gosh you really aren't going to find out." Blah blah blah. The more the pregnancy progresses the more I like that my mother won't send me tons of stuff I won't use because we aren't finding out.
    Me 29 DH 30 Unexplained IF TTC since wedding May 2012. IUI #1 11/5/13-BFN.  IUI #2 12/5/13-BFN. IUI #3-12/30/14. All three with Femara CD 3-7 and Ovidrel trigger. +HPT 1/13/14 First +ever!!! Beta #1 195 Beta #2 1/15-533. Ultrasound on 2/4 showed one bean. EDD 9/22/14. Team Green turned Team Blue-Baby Conner arrived on 9/19/14.

• Welcome to Team Green!  Glad the baby is healthy.

We had our Level 2 U/S today and DH and I found it hard not to look, but we didn't.  The doctor kept asking us but we stuck to our guns.
    Anniversary

• JSS1002JSS1002 member
    I think Team Green is awesome.  What a fun moment to find out together when the baby arrives... I wanted to be team green for #1, but my husband talked me into finding out, and then I was happy that we did... then for this baby, he said "We can be surprised this time if you want," but that didn't make logistical sense to me since we didn't do a good job of buying gender neutral clothing the first time around... 

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Woohoo and welcome! It's really fun. The tech at mine said whatever mom says goes...I've never had a tech weigh in at all. Sorry they ganged up in you but welcome all the same :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

baby #3 arrived in September 2014...cannot get ticker to work no matter what I try!

• My husband wanted to know, but I really didn't. He thought it would be too hard to keep the secret, so he decided not to find out either, but he really wants to know. That being said, I do think he'll really be happy boy or girl so he can handle the wait.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I am really shocked at how the tech handled this.. very unprofessional, in my opinion.. she should have stayed out of it completely.  And, I likely would have throat punched DH if I had wanted to know and he stopped me from finding out ;-)  But, that's just me!! Congrats on a healthy baby, and looking forward to hearing your announcement in September!!
    Loss #1: 18w5d.. D&E 04Mar03 BFP #2: Jun2011.. missed miscarriage. D&C 08Jul2011 8w4d. BFP #3: Nov2011.. Our Rainbow Baby!!! DS Born: 15Jul2012! BFP #4: Nov2012.. 2U1 - DS2 born 12Jul2013.  BFP #5: 01Jan2014..3U3!!

My blog about raising 2U2!
  • wpatxwpatx member
    Thanks everyone for your feedback! :)  I did have one moment last night where I sort of had an emotional wave come over and me and I started crying because I asked him why he doesn't want us to find out, and how much I had been looking forward to finding out, etc.  He kept asking me for a "good reason" that we should find out now, and of course my reason was because...I'm carrying the child, I would like to know what it is...me knowing the sex of the baby is not going to change anything about how I handle the delivery...there are SO many other variables that come into play that we don't know about that we will find out when the baby is born, and this was something we could know, and I was excited about it.  He still claimed that wasn't that strong of an argument.  
    Boo.  Oh well, I will get over it!

Thanks again for the support! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • JSS1002JSS1002 member
    wpatx said:
    Thanks everyone for your feedback! :)  I did have one moment last night where I sort of had an emotional wave come over and me and I started crying because I asked him why he doesn't want us to find out, and how much I had been looking forward to finding out, etc.  He kept asking me for a "good reason" that we should find out now, and of course my reason was because...I'm carrying the child, I would like to know what it is...me knowing the sex of the baby is not going to change anything about how I handle the delivery...there are SO many other variables that come into play that we don't know about that we will find out when the baby is born, and this was something we could know, and I was excited about it.  He still claimed that wasn't that strong of an argument.  
    Boo.  Oh well, I will get over it!

Thanks again for the support! :)
    Frankly, I don't think you need a reason. You want to know because you want to know and as the mother that is more than good enough.  

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @trombgirl‌ - I like it too! I was really insistent on wanting to be team green with my first, but my husband wanted to find out. He said he would feel more bonded to the baby if he knew more about him/her and we could pick a name. I had such a difficult time giving in until I read this article that someone posted on my original BMB.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• That's pretty rough that your DH told you your "reasoning" essentially wasn't good enough :(  I'm sorry.. I'd be ticked as anything at him!

For me.. we were going to be team green this time around.. but, I had c/s with both my previous pregnancies due to pre-eclampsia, and my deliveries were complicated with spiking and falling BPs.  I was in and out of consciousness both times.  With my first, I was "awake"/"alert" when he was born, and I remember it.. with my second, I was not.  My BP kept dropping really low and I was passing out.  When I came around, both DH and the baby had already gone to recovery.  The nurses quickly assured me that he was perfectly fine and healthy, but it was a scary panic moment.  All I kept thinking about was what if that happens again, and then I'm not awake for DH to tell me "it's a ...".. just seemed like it would lose some of it's specialness if we weren't able to find out together.. so, we decided to find out at our A/S.. at least we knew we'd get to share that moment together for sure...
    Loss #1: 18w5d.. D&E 04Mar03 BFP #2: Jun2011.. missed miscarriage. D&C 08Jul2011 8w4d. BFP #3: Nov2011.. Our Rainbow Baby!!! DS Born: 15Jul2012! BFP #4: Nov2012.. 2U1 - DS2 born 12Jul2013.  BFP #5: 01Jan2014..3U3!!

My blog about raising 2U2!
  • CplusJ=S said:
    I love that! Totally puts into words what I've been trying to explain to the people making judgemental comments about us choosing to find out.

• As someone who is team green, I still didn't really understand why she wanted to know in that article. The sex of the baby doesn't have a big influence on a newborn's identity IMO. Maybe what clothes they wear, and the name obviously. There's so much time before they develop their own interests still. I was the mean one who told my husband that we weren't finding out. I felt very strongly about it, and he accepted it, but we aren't truly in agreement about team green. If you both want to know, then of course there's nothing wrong with finding out. If you don't agree, I kind of feel like mom should get to win this one though, unless you really don't feel strongly about it.
    Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"