April 2013 Moms

Thursday Mom Problems

I always get such a kick out of these... so let's hear some mom problems!

I am currently sitting in my car (for the past hour) because Warner fell asleep in his convertible car seat and I don't want to wake him up. This may, however, result in me crapping my pants......
 Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
           Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
        Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!

Re: Thursday Mom Problems

• edited May 2014
    Day two of being on my ass with vomiting/coughing/fever/body aches. Supposed to host a dinner party tomorrow night and feel terrible about canceling. Also supposed to host part of a progressive dinner on Saturday and not sure I can do that either. Go away virus, you suck. ETA: pity party, table for one.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My first postpartum period that lasted forfreakingever ended a week ago...and then started again today out of nowhere while Im wearing tan slacks.  Get your shit together body, Im over you.
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Anya has now come down with a double ear infection and I have the stomach flu. She hates the medication she is on and everytime I give it to her she thinks its funny to spit it out. That damn medication costs 35 dollars with insurance lol
    <3 Married the Love of my Life Louie 3.17.12
    <3 Our precious baby girl Anya 4.18.13
    <3 Our handsome baby boy Louie 6.6.14

Pregnancy Ticker

imageimage
  • My H did something with my Children's Place- Place Cash that I was going to use for the baby's Summer clothes.  It expires Saturday, which is also her birthday.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • James has insisted that I offer an apple or carrots at every meal for the last 2 days so that he can feed his stuffed horse Sparky, who has been sitting lonely in a toy box since forever until all of a sudden when James decided it was his favorite toy in all of life. Ain't nobody got time for making meals for a stuffed horse!
    I love all of this
  • Kate_CKate_C member
    The 2.5 YO has decided it's a fun game to hide stuff. First it was the kids' hairbrush. I looked everywhere and thought I had lost my mind because I couldn't find it. He had put it in a side table drawer in our family room.

Last week he hid one of his sippy cups. (Yes, we still use lidded sippy cups with him so he can keep a cup of water with him anywhere in the house.). He hid it. I have absolutely no idea where it could be. We don't have that big of a house so I am totally puzzled. Thankfully it's just water I guess so it won't smell like milk or something. But at least smell would help us find the damn thing!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JSS1002JSS1002 member
    Mommy2BEL said:
    Can't make this stuff up. Eta: I'm nursing Anna and he's saying "here Sparky, fresh from the garden" lolol
    @CoffeeMonster19 hands down your post & picture are the best thing I have read on the Bump. haha  This is so funny!!!  Maybe Sparky could find less expensive food.  Horses eat grass too. lol
    Seriously, that's awesome.

It's like sophie's choice with the bottle vs sippy cup transition lately.  He howls when I give him the sippy cup, and is happy as a lark when I give him a bottle.  Yet I know that the more I reward him with a bottle, the less likely he is to try the sippy.  But I can't take the crying.  

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Can't make this stuff up. Eta: I'm nursing Anna and he's saying "here Sparky, fresh from the garden" lolol
    That is so cute! Are they fresh from the garden? lol

BFP #2: 11-7-14, CP (BFN: 11-13-14)

BFP #3: 3/24/15 EDD: 12/5/15

• James has insisted that I offer an apple or carrots at every meal for the last 2 days so that he can feed his stuffed horse Sparky, who has been sitting lonely in a toy box since forever until all of a sudden when James decided it was his favorite toy in all of life. Ain't nobody got time for making meals for a stuffed horse!

=))
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JSS1002JSS1002 member
    This isn't a mom problem, more of a first world problem, but I am pissed and need to vent.

We met with a deck builder on Saturday morning and he quoted us a price... and then came over last night to take measurements and start the design process... we paid him a deposit to get on the schedule, and overnight he emailed us a bid that is $2K More thna we discussed on Saturday -- "oops" he says... "I quoted you the wrong materials," he says.  

I am so irritated by this -- not only because he goofed and now we're not getting exactly what we want at the price we were so happy with, but because my husband absolutely will NOT let this slide, so we're back to the drawing board on finding the builder and all this shit, and I really just want to be done with this and sign the contract and get moving.  i agree that he SHOULD honor the original price, but also - his pricing (even including the extra $2K) was significantly less than any of the other four places we got bids from.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • My baby is way too pale for the California sun. Putting sun blocker on him makes it look like he is literally glowing.

• So much is making me laugh from this post.
    @ClandestineX‌ we refer to DS as Edward (as in Edward from Twilight) in the summer because he looks shimmery :)
    @CoffeeMonster19 ‌ I don't even know what to say. I love James. Hahahha.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"