November 2014 Moms

Well hello pregnancy brain

I had a doctor's appointment today so I booked the day off.   I'm a teacher, so I called in a sub.  She was one I had never had before.

Last night, before I left, I prepped the day for her.  Checked my schedule and saw that I had morning duty, so I wrote that in the plans, and that my students on special programming were to be with the resource teacher, so I didn't have to plan anything for them.  Great.  Got my stuff together and left.

This afternoon, the sub emailed me to let me know how the day went.  She mentioned that my two IEP kids had nothing to work on, so she found them some Math games to play on the computer (I teach Math).  THEN, I get a Facebook message from a friend of mine (who also works at my school) saying that the sub, strangely, took it upon herself to do morning duty.  

Apparently, I planned for the right classes, but got my duty schedule and my resource schedule mixed up.  I don't have duty for another 3 days, so I don't know where that came from, and my IEP kids see resource tomorrow, not today.  Ooops.

In the grand scheme, not big deals but I hate making mistakes in my sub plans.  Especially if I've never had the sub in before.  At least the kids were good for her.

Re: Well hello pregnancy brain

• I went to the store and had two coupons, one expired March 30 and the other April 30. I thought, "I can use March now and April next month." When I handed it to the cashier, she looked at me like I had two heads and told me it had expired. OMG IT IS APRIL....ALMOST MAY!!!! I was mortified! What's worse is I really thought I had it right!
  • My teacher friend got her exam rooms mixed up and sent multiple classes of kids to the wrong room because of her pregnancy brain. Oops!
    ~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• Loading the player...
  • I work nightshift and if I want lunch, I have to either pack it or pick some up on the way to work. Decided I would buy some chili at Wendy's (since that's what I was craving) the other night. Parked my car, got my things together, and walked in. At 1:00 in the morning when I take my lunch break, could not find my chili and was almost convinced someone ate my lunch until I got off work, got to the car, and saw the Wendy's bag laying on the seat... Total disappointment!
  • Last night I found my salt in the refrigerator. 

Pregnancy brain FTW. 

N14 Nov. Siggy: CELEBRATION!

image image
    TTC since 2011
    Aug. - Sept. 2013 - dIUIs = BFNs
    January 2014 - IVF = 3 freezer babies
    March 2014 - FET of AA and AB blast = BFP! Twins! 
    Nov. 7, 2014 - Wilhelmina "Willa" Suzanne (4lb 14oz) and Ari Jose (6lb 4oz) were born via CS
    image image

image image image image 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I do things like this all the time. Like since I was pregnant with DD who is now 6. I think pregnant brain became mom brain unfortunately.
    Which is weird because I like to think I'm a great mom and can do 212 things at once. But it's the little duh moments. Like sitting in the car, running late like where the eff are the keys?! Inside where you left them.
  • I'm forgetting EVERYTHING at work! I'm so ready to tell my boss I'm pregnant so I have some kind of "excuse" for why I suddenly can't keep it together. 
    Number One: Born 06.16.2009
    BFP: 01.17.2014 / MC 02.05.2014
    BFP: 03.08.2014 / MMC: 05.07.2014
    Dx: Gestational Trophoblastic Disease
    Currently on the bench. [Chart]

• ...and told I didn't put the car in park. I saw the neighbor's car moving out of the corner of my eye, the realized, there wasn't anybody in the car and I was moving!!! Almost backed over my trash can! There is a first time for everything I guess!
  • PS: it was awesome. New (to me) recipe, super easy:
    Place chicken (I had about 2 lbs boneless tenderloins) in a 9x13 casserole dish & sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic.
    Mix 1c ketchup, 1c Cola (I had Dr. Pepper), and 2tbs worstershire sauce (sp? auto correct doesn't know that word) & pour over chicken.
    Bake @ 350-375 for 45 minutes(ish), flipping about half way through.
    Yum!
  • Pregnancy brain is causing me to forget about assignments:( i have a freaking 4.0 too!
    Baby "H" due November 7
    Fur mommy to Layla
    June 25, 2012image
  • Pregnancy brain has just made me super absent minded. I take the stairs at work and work on the third floor, well I keep going to the wrong floor(4th or 2nd) and never realize until I'm well inside the door. I know our security guys must think I'm nuts. Also went to my parents for a quick visit after making a run to the store for milk, put my milk in their fridge bag and all to keep it cool. When I left I tried to walk out with their open half empty milk, mom had to stop me at the door. Ugh
  • I forgot to pay 3 of our bills this month, which is not like me at all.  I also went to look for a form at work 3 days ago.  Pulled out file flipped through it forever, couldn't find it.  Decided to left the office manager hunt it down, as it is an very important form that we absolutely had to have saved.  Office manager has been out since, so I decided to look one more time rather than wait until next week.  Open file, it's the first form, on the very top.  Can't miss it...

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was at work this morning and one of our dishwashers came upstairs in the office and told me (in Spanish) he needed two days off in June. I happened to have the employee request off calendar in my lap, so I flipped to the correct month and he pointed to the days he needed off. I literally sat there (with him standing over me) with a pen in my hand for three minutes in awkward silence and finally said "I'm sorry, what's your name?" I've worked with the guy for four years! I was so embarrassed!

IAmPregnant Ticker

First Met: March 13, 2009
    Married: September 13, 2012 
    BFP: March 4, 2014
    EDD: 11/25/2014 
    Three furbabies: Franklin (8) Amos (4) Sasha (2) 

• I went into my closet to put on socks, put on socks, grabbed a second pair, headed back to the couch to put socks on...

BabyFruit Ticker
  • dbgwifedbgwife member
    I've had some smaller things happen. I was leaving my car and getting ready to head into he gym. I reached into my purse and grabbed my phone. I was convinced it was my phone. Until I got into the gym, and realized the phone I was so convinced I grabbed, was I fact my deodorant....
    IAmPregnant Ticker

DBG wife, Pre-Med student, and Scentsy Certified Consultant
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"