September 2014 Moms
Options

Almost 19 weeks and not showing much?

Hi ladies! Im18 weeks 3 days and I don't feel like I really have a bump... I mean something is there, but does the pic look right? I keep thinking of friends who had gender reveals at 18 weeks and were much more pregnant looking....I'm just nervous!

Re: Almost 19 weeks and not showing much?

• Options
    Everyone is different. With my first, I looked exactly like you until around 23-24 weeks when my belly just popped out. It all just depends on the person how you carry! Your bump will come =).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'm 20 and half weeks and I'm not showing either.  I am 5'9" though so I'm sure that has something to do with it.  Our time will come!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Like the PP said, everyone carries different. He's probably in the back hanging out, blowin' some bubbles... :D

• Options
    I am with @clkriley89, I'm tall and still barely showing at 20.5 weeks. the seems to come and go still for me. my gf is two and a half weeks behind me and she has more of a bump than i do. everyone is different don't worry! 
  • Options
    I'm a little over 19 weeks and just starting to pop. I am still fitting into some of my pre-pregnancy jeans with ease, while some of my pregnant friends haven't buttoned theirs up in weeks. I wouldn't worry about it as long as your OB thinks everything looks good; every mama is different. :) 

I have several Facebook friends who are all due in September like I am, and it's funny how different our sizes are in the pictures we have been posting lately. One of my friends is so tiny and petite that her belly was already poking out at 10 weeks, when I was showing nothing at all! 
  • Options
    I'm 19 weeks and I have to say our bumps are pretty much the same size :) I'm patiently waiting for my obvious bump too
  • Options

I was just saying to a coworker at about 4 1/2 months now I look as big as I did at 7 months with my first.  Usually your first takes a longer to pop.

• Options
    You may have a tilted uterus which would explain why you're not showing much yet

• Options
    Check out the HDBD thread and you'll see how all over the place everyone is! Don't stress it- you'll get a bump eventually.... and then you be all, "WTH, kid?" 
  • Options
    nilveronilvero member
    I looked like that at 18 weeks. Then all of a sudden last week I popped and it's crazy to compare the pictures. Like PPs said, everyone is different!
    Finally! My September Siggy Challenge: TV Show I'll Be Binge Watching
    REVENGE!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic"

• Options
    Thanks so much for all of your input ladies :)
  • Options
    My bump is like yours now and I'm almost 3 full weeks ahead of you. I keep getting people asking where my bump is. The doctor says it's normal and my baby is healthy and average size. I am 5'10" and this is my first.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I was in your same position 2 weeks ago, so nervous that nothing was obvious when I was almost half way there! My doctor told me I wouldn't show until 23-24 weeks and not to worry, smaller people with longer torsos show a lot later! I'm now 20 weeks and it either looks like a bump in a tight shirt or looks like I gained a few pounds right in my stomach. We'll get our bumps!!
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I'm 20w4d and not showing. I just look a little thicker around the middle. You are not alone.
    Anniversary

• Options
    There is no way in shape and or form a "common way" that people should look at certain points.

I have a friend who is currently 26 weeks with her first and when she is wearing a bathing suit she looks like she has the most perfect 6 pack of abs ever. You would never come close to guessing she is pregnant unless she told you.

I'm not sure what you're nervous about. Baby is in there and growing. Just wait till you are 36 weeks, and so big you're miserable, you'll be looking back wishing you were the size of 20 weeks and more comfortable.
    Me: 30 Him: 33
    Married: August 2012
    BFP #1 9/2013 -- MC 10/2013
    DD: 9/22/2014

• Options
    I'm on my 4th pg and have never bought maternity pants/clothes. I am definetly showing much more this time around but my youngest just turned one last week and I was still working on getting her baby weight off. Everyone grows and shows differently. With my 2nd I swear I could have been on the show "I didn't know I was pg" because I didn't look it, feel it, or anything. If it wasn't for a + test, and 3 or 4 u/s I wouldn't have believed it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    It's normal. Everyone shows/carries differently. I had twins the first time so I was showing pretty early. They also did a number on my stomach muscles and I had a c/s. This time, my stomach muscles weren't tightened back together yet so I find I'm showing fast with just the one because I don't have the muscles to keep it in. I can suck in a lot still (its really uncomfortable though. I'm 5'7" with a long torso. I can still wear my clothes although I have been wearing some mat clothes because they are comfy.

• Options
    lbonga1lbonga1 member
    My coworkers were all just joking today about how last week I didn't look pregnant at all, and this week I all the sudden have a baby belly. I think I popped around the same time with DD. I'm still not very large, and I can wear my normal jeans, albeit unbuttoned with a belly band.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"