May 2014 Moms
Options

FTM- 40 weeks today...

Brigie029Brigie029 member
edited April 2014 in May 2014 Moms
4/5cm dilated, 80% effaced but not in active labor. Talked with ob today and nurse tonight, and know what to look for. Just curious, anyone else walk around like this for awhile before delivering? DH is afraid for me to leave the house and I'm afraid of going to the hospital too early when nothing is happening but also, of not getting an epidural. We live an hour away. TIA...:-)

Re: FTM- 40 weeks today...

• Options
    Curious why they admitted you if you weren't in active labor?
  • Options
    I'm at FTM so I have no experience to go off of but my friend walked around at a 4 for almost a month. She had the easiest delivery when it came time. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    danabsddanabsd member
    edited April 2014
    I know a momma who walked around at 6 for a month before she was induced.
    I would leave for the hospital once real active labor hits.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Once you know your in labor Id be timing your contractions & seeing where they are. How lucky to be almost halfway to 10cm w/ no pain!! I was told as a ftm last time that you generally dialated 1cm per hr. That said, my nurses pissed me off prefacing it like that because I came in at 5 & ds1 was born 2.5hr later. So I'd be ready to leave at any time & leave soon after you know. Car rides aren't too fun that far along, & you said your an hr away. GL! :)
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I've been 3-4cm & 90% since last Tuesday, my doc said I won't make it to my next appointment, which is today. So take what they say with a grain of salt! My little man seems in no rush!
  • Options
    I have no advice but I am jealous. I wish I could get that far along before I started active labor.

After 4 years, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs our surprise miracle is here!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Blog

TTC # 2 BFP 03/02/13 = CP, BFP 05/14/13 = CP, BFP 08/09/13 = CP

RPL testing = normal

TI Cycle #1, 50 clomid days 3-7, 150 iu Follistim days 8-11 = BFP! EDD May 22, 2014

Betas: 13 DPO = 79, 15 DPO = 149, 19 DPO = 788, 22 DPO = 2031

• Options
    knate13 said:

I've been 3-4cm & 90% since last Tuesday, my doc said I won't make it to my next appointment, which is today. So take what they say with a grain of salt! My little man seems in no rush!

I hear you! Last week at my 39 appt, they didn't think I would make it to today. Well... Lol.

• Options

O Car rides aren't too fun that far along, & you said your an hr away. GL! :)

Exactly! I would let 1/2-1 hr pass with some good contractions and head out I started feeling contractions at 7pm Friday than finally went in at 10am sat it's a 15 min car ride but felt like forever every bump was so painful. However it was nice to get there and baby be out by 2. Well I guess it must have not been that bad now that I write this seeing as how I plan on waiting it out as long as possible at home again lol
  • Options
    MrsT2008MrsT2008 member
    edited April 2014
    with that much progress already, I'd give timeable contractions no more than an hour before leaving for the hospital.

ETA:  and if it was me, I'd probably be in the car ASAP, so by "no more than an hour", I really mean, as soon as I could get my stuff in the car.  haha.
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• Options
    JEALOUS!!! =) I am only 1 cm dialated.... I am 39 weeks and 1 day.  Feeling nauseous sometimes during the day and just so ready to meet our baby girl!!  Doctor said next appt which is 6 days on my due date we will talk about scheduling for her to induce me.  She won't let me go over a week.  I just hope she decides to come by my due date or on it so I don't have to be induced. 
  • Options
    Same here! FTM 4 cm dilated, due today, and lost my mucous plug. But no contractions ... Well I have some but not getting closer in time or more painful. Just playing the waiting game!
  • Options
    With my first one, I spent over a week at a 6 before finally having him. I wish being dilated meant more haha
  • Options
    40 weeks today and I've been at 1cm 50% effaced for a week. I am going to bounce on this exercise ball drinking raspberry leaf tea til my water breaks.
  • Options
    mmksmmks member
    I'm 37 weeks today (where's our ticker change thread?!?) and this is one of the reasons why I won't be checked until I'm in labor. 
    Personally, I'm not going anywhere too far (over an hour away) anyway from now on - even though I know my DH will want us to visit his mom for mother's day. 
    My hospital is 30 mins away and I plan to not leave until I don't want to get in the car...although I don't want an epi.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I'm so jealous of you early May moms.  lol.  I've been 3 cm for like 6 weeks.  I think you can go a long time. 
    Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"