August 2014 Moms

Compression Girdle??

Has anyone used a compression girdle after a c-section?? Would you recommend it?? I know I have to have a cesarean, and I heard they mat help with the pain afterwards and put things back into place..... Thanks!

Re: Compression Girdle??

• I used a "abdominal binder" from the hospital. It velcroed as tight as you wanted and I think it helped a lot with the pain. It took the stress off my cut abdominal muscles. I did not take any pain meds except ibuprofen after my csection. It also helped my belly go back down. I wore it for 3-4 weeks.
    TTC#1 11.1.2010 |  BFP 1.4.2011 | Benton Henry born 9.13.2011

TTC #2 11.1.2013 | BFP 12.17.13 | Due Date 8.22.14

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had a Belly Bandit and will use it again.  I have no idea if it really helped, but I think so.  I mean, I didn't get back into my pp jeans for a looooong time but that was really due more to stress eating + a super cranky baby than anything else.

• Loading the player...
  • The hospital gave me a "binder" after my first c-section. It wasn't a planned c and I wasn't prepared but I'm glad they gave it to me! I feel like it really helped with the pain.. Plus I'm squeamish and the thought of cut muscles grossed me out. The binder made me feel more... together?... safe to move?... I'm not sure of the wording to use but I felt better moving around knowing I was wrapped up tight!

I am scheduled for another c this time and I plan on ordering a better quality version of that binder because I got so much use out of it. I also used a lot of compression garments (spanx, control tanks etc) afterward. I felt like they helped the swelling go down and helped me get back a pre-pregnancy shape. I still had a pouch and I wasn't one of the lucky ones who could wear a bikini after baby thanks to my hellacious stretch marks and loose skin buuuuut I felt better in clothes thanks to those things listed.

Good luck!! :)
  • I got a bellefit one. I didn't have a c-section but the kind I got said you could use it for either. It was pricey but worth the money. The only thing I wasn't a big fan of was having to undo the bottom or unzip the side every time I went to the bathroom. It definitely helped my stomach to return to normal faster though so it was worth the inconvenience.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"