November 2013 Moms

Los love books

Have you guys noticed that your LO is really enjoying books lately!? Our bedtime routine since O has been born has been reading a couple books and it's becoming to be so much more fun now bc it seems like he really enjoys book
Reading! Which makes me look forward to the coming months and for reading more books in the future!!:).

What's been you're gals favorite books for your Los? I think my favorite so far has been little engine that could!:) any book suggestions!?:)

Re: Los love books

• We read a book each night before bed. We do On The Night You Were Born, Good Morning Good Night, Guess How Much I Love You, Curious George Parade Day, The Very Busy Spider, The Very Hungry Caterpillar, and Do You Want to Be My Friend.

Whether or not he has a favorite is anyone's guess. He seems to smile a little more frequently when we do Guess How Much I Love You or On The Night You Were Born.
  • I love all the books the author of On The Night You Were Born has written. I finally can read on the night... without crying, but, I still tear up reading Wherever you go my love will find you.
  • Loading the player...

• cagoldi said:

We read a book each night before bed. We do On The Night You Were Born, Good Morning Good Night, Guess How Much I Love You, Curious George Parade Day, The Very Busy Spider, The Very Hungry Caterpillar, and Do You Want to Be My Friend.

Whether or not he has a favorite is anyone's guess. He seems to smile a little more frequently when we do Guess How Much I Love You or On The Night You Were Born.

All the tears.  Every time.

Yep. I can't read it, DH has to do it. I can't even get past the first page without bawling.
  • You think On the night you were born is bad.. Read God gave us you. I cried and cried and cried.. And dh laughed and laughed.. Jerk. It's a great book though!!!!
  • MksbcMksbc member
    I love Is Your Mama a Llama. We also love the Piggie & Elephant books (There's a Bird On My Head is my favorite).

Not appropriate for S, but Go The F To Sleep is hilarious and very relatable for us right now!
  • LizB8943 said:
    Yes, definitely in the past couple weeks, B has taken more of an interest in reading, although I think he just hopes I'll let him gnaw on the book afterwards. We typically read one in the morning while he's nursing, and one or two at night. 

I tend to like some of the classic rhyming books (Go Dogs Go, Green Eggs & Ham, Put Me in the Zoo are some favorites). For whatever reason, I don't get tired of them. Some of our other favorites are Harold & the Purple Crayon, Harry the Dirty Dog, The Runaway Bunny (love that momma bunny!) and the Sandra Boynton books. DH loves "Mike Mulligan and his Steam Shovel" and I also like The Little Engine that Could, OP :) 

I want to start reading a chapter book, just because it's different. I ordered a copy of the original 101 Dalmatians (not the Disney version) and we are going to do that at night when DH is here to listen, too. 
    LOVE Harold & the Purple Crayon.

Our current favorite is Goodnight Moon. I try to read him a book before each nap as long as he's not too fussy. He grabs at the pages, probably because he wants to chew on them.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I can't wait to go home and tell DH I'm not the only one who can't read On the Night You Were Born without crying!

We love the book Crocodaddy, I use silly voices and LO cracks up. Surprisngly my cousin gave it to me, didnt know she could read! ok bitchy moment sorry guys.

I read to her in the morning as I pump before work on the side she didn't eat. I love morning story time, I'll be sad when I stop BF if we don't continue it.
  • LO doesn't usually seem too thrilled with books right now but I keep trying to include one or two into the bedtime routine.

I do have one pop up book that I think is a front runner at the moment because it's obviously very visually entertaining. It's called School Bugs and the pop ups are pretty good!
    I also read the little engine that could.

Not sure why but on the night you were born- not a tear jerker for me. I think I cried more for little engine that could, because little baby you can do anything!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"