December 2014 Moms
Options

If you plan to fly....

I'm flying soon, and remembered this. Thought some of you might be able to benefit from my experience...

I had to do a lot of traveling when I was pregnant with DS. My last flight was at 34 weeks.

I got off the plane and headed to the ladies room. After peeing more than I thought was humanly possible, I flushed and washed my hands. Before I even got to the paper towels, my pants were soaking wet. I was convinced my water broke.

We went straight to the OB. Turns out the pressure changes during a flight can cause you to not feel bladder pressure when you're pregnant.

So, if you're flying, remember to force yourself to pee throughout your flight. Otherwise you may end up walking to your husband at the luggage carousel in soaking wet pee pants.

Re: If you plan to fly....

• Options
    Interesting!  I will be flying in a week and a half for a short getaway with my mom and sister.  I will remember to pee!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Hahaha… that is seriously interesting.  That has not happened to me… last time around I didn't fly that far along.  So far this time I'll only be flying at 12 and 22 weeks…. but my bladder is already shot to hell, so I'll definitely be remembering this!
    {May Siggy Challenge}
    Favorite TV mom: Janelle's Mom

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Flor Maria
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the heads up!! I know I definitely would have christened my very own pee pants had I not read this
    May Siggy Challenge = Linda Belcher!! Hands down, my favorite TV mom!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you for the heads up. I'll be flying at 14 weeks and 16 weeks.

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
    BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    Thanks for the heads up!  I have an overseas flight next weekend and I will be sure to get up as much as I can.  And bring an extra pair of pants.

***BFP and Loss Mentioned in Siggy***

Me: 39 (PCOS)
    DH: 47 (slightly low volume...considered MFI)
    TTC since 11/2012
    10/2013:  IUI#1 BFN - 50mg clomid, two .75mg shots of Bravelle, ovidril trigger...1 follicle
    11/14/13: IUI#2 BFN - 50mg clomid, two .75 mg shots of Bravelle, ovidrill trigger..2 follicles

IVF #1 w/ICSI:  ER 3/12/14; ET 3/17/14:  BFP!!!  Beta #1 3/31/14=1540;  Beta #2 4/2/14 =2551

Twin A became an angel on 4/30/14 (8w6d)

Twin B became an angel on 5/21/14 (11w6d)

D&C 5/23/14

FET#1 - 9/2/14 - BFP!!! Beta #1 (9/15): 926.  Beta #2 (9/17): 1946.

MC -9/20/14
    FET#2 - 4/20/15 - BFP!!! Beta #1 (5/4): 1277.  Beta #2 (5/6): 2817.  US#5 -153 heartbeat.
    Due Date: January 6, 2016
  • Options
    Walking down the aisle helps! Just tell the flight crew you need to walk laps.
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing!! Good to know!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Great advice! Thanks for this though sorry you learned the hard way :P
    In memory of the baby Hufflepuff and all the angel babies of D14 <3
    imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for that info as I will most likely be going to FL in September for a conference. 

Nathaniel Richard born 12/20/14
    Dating 7/2/2004 * Married 8/16/2008
  • Options
    Thank you for sharing this! I'm flying tomorrow, and normally I really hate to use the bathroom on a plane but this time I'll force myself anyway! 
    Nov 17 BMB May Siggy Challenge: Mother's Day Fails

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    This shouldn't be an issue for us yet... Right? I will be 8w when I fly next week...
    #1 DS 12/13/14
    #2 DD 7/1/17
    EDD 2/29/20 MC 7/19/19
    #3 EDD 5/29/19
  • Options
    Mrw218Mrw218 member
    I just flew to Ireland Monday and had no issues with this. I think how far along you are is definitely a factor considering op was 34 weeks.
  • Options
    How far along was definitely the major factor.

DVT is a risk when flying pregnant, so even if you're not worried about being Captain Pee Pants, mKe sure you walk and pee. Your OB will say this when you tell him/her you're traveling.
  • Options
    Thank you! I will be flying at 19 weeks so I appreciate it!
  • Options
    iloveaciloveac member
    I just flew earlier this week and didn't have this issue. However, I was 6 weeks along at the time. Might be a factor.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"