March 2014 Moms
Options

Ergo vs. Boba

I am looking for a more structured carrier for LO and the main carriers you can buy in my area are the Ergo or Boba. I'm wondering what you've tried, which model in that brand, and if you would recommend it. @Nickiechan‌ I would love to hear your input!

Re: Ergo vs. Boba

• Options
    I have the Ergo. From what I understand the Boba carrier has a higher back and can be used for longer. Plus, it doesn't need an infant insert. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    flclflcl member
    I have the Boba 4G.  Ive been using it with LO since we got home from the hospital and he loves it.  (I also have the moby wrap but LO wouldn't tolerate that for some reason.)  PP's right, the Boba has a higher back which supports LOs head.  There is a little "pillow" insert for newborns up to 15lbs but it's not a separate purchase like it is with the ergo. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love my Boba. I tried the ergo too but preferred the boba. It was softer and my toddler likes the foot holders.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Love my Ergo and the infant insert...use it daily! The infant insert is like a baby taco shell...totally recommend!
  • Options
    I had both, however my Ergo was a Sport which is made for larger people. I am petitie 4'11" and I really loved how high my baby was in the boba. I'm more of a wrapper so I like my babies HIGH! I couldn't get that high with a ergo, but I did with the Boba. We really enjoyed that until we upgraded to a Toddler tula. Which DH told me was not diggy at all. He felt that Ergo and Boba where both diggy. If we would get a SSC now we would most likely get a Tula standard. However, they are both really good carriers. Do you have a local group that you can see if you can try both? 
    Nickie
    Proud Cloth Diapering, Babywearing Mommy to Desmond (5.30.2011) and Evangeline (2.26.2014)
    Loving wife, best friend and teammate to Babywearing Daddy, Kelly (7.27.2000)

Volunteer Babywearing Educator at Babywearing International of South Central Pennsylvania 

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Thanks everyone for your feedback. @Nickiechan‌ I don't think so. I know some larger cities offer a sort of "lending library" of carriers but I live in a really small area so I don't think that resource is available. The best bet I have is just take the baby to the store and try them in with him. I'm leaning toward the Ergo extra because DH is 6'5" and he has to be able to wear it too.
  • Options
    AlikiAliki member
    I used the ERgo with my first DD, so I plan on continuing to use it now with my second DD
    TTC #1 since 2007. Dx: Unexplained infertility. 4 IUIs in 2008 = BFN. IVF #1 07/09. DD #1 born April 2010 (40w5d).
    TTC #2 since 2011. Dx: Endometriosis and hypothyroidism. 2 FETs in 2012, BFP 6/12 but m/c @ 7 weeks. IVF #2 06/13. DD #2  born March 2014 (40w1d).
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    flclflcl member
    I had both, however my Ergo was a Sport which is made for larger people. I am petitie 4'11" and I really loved how high my baby was in the boba. I'm more of a wrapper so I like my babies HIGH! I couldn't get that high with a ergo, but I did with the Boba. We really enjoyed that until we upgraded to a Toddler tula. Which DH told me was not diggy at all. He felt that Ergo and Boba where both diggy. If we would get a SSC now we would most likely get a Tula standard. However, they are both really good carriers. Do you have a local group that you can see if you can try both? 
    so glad to hear that you like the Tula... I'm waiting for mine to arrive in the mail!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"