Breastfeeding

milk came in

now my baby is gagging and getting a little too much I think she thrown up the last couple times after eating which she never did before. I have tried pumping of a little before feeding but should I be doing some after I'm not quite sure how much I don't want to create an oversupply. yesterday I pump a little before and about one and a half ounces of each breast afterand still felt extremely engorged and hard any advice appreciated
Anniversary 

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: milk came in

• Hand express until let down then let it spray into a towel then latch baby, but honestly just nursing as much as possible will be the best thing to do that way your body figures out what it needs to do! Warm showers and heat pads help with engorgement pain, burp baby frequently and spit up is completely normal their muscles aren't fully developed yet so it happens as long as it's not projectile then it's ok, just messy !
  • Thanks for the input. She is actually a good burper. Shes having lazy issues so im worried about stopping her mid breast so I only stop and burp between breasts. That ok? Shes been getting the hiccups after eating which im assuming isnt helping either!

Thanks for the input
    Anniversary 

• Loading the player...
  • When I was engorged, I would take a hot shower before feeding, then feed, then put ice packs on my breast after the feeding. My engorgement last about 3 days or so then I was fine.
    happily married since 2009, SAHM
    diagnosed with unexplained infertility, regular cycles
    Baby #1: ttc naturally for 3 years, 6 yr old daughter
    Baby #2: ttc naturally for 2 years, 2 yr old son
    Baby #3: ttc naturally since August 2016
  • You can also recline while nursing. That will help lessen flow to the baby. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks ladIes!
    Anniversary 

• But remember that some spit up is completely normal.  My first DS spit up a ton, all the time, but it didn't seem to bother him and he gained weight just fine.  Don't worry about that.
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"