May 2014 Moms

Still working out?

gerlam5gerlam5 member
edited April 2014 in May 2014 Moms
I'm so exhausted. I do yoga in mornings and try and walk in evenings but that's even getting hard after teaching 1st grade all day. Is anyone else able to workout this late?

Re: Still working out?

• I'm walking at night but that is about it.

• I am doing my pregnancy workout dvd...it comes out to about 25 min and it is with weights. I walk in the neighborhood when I can but it gives me BH.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• Loading the player...
  • I'm trying to stay active. I do yoga but I cut out one of my classes this week because it was too intense and am just doing prenatal now. I take kickboxing once a week still and go for walks or swim. It's definitely fewer days a week now, though. Everything is just harder. 
  • I've been trying to walk a couple times a week, but it's been really hard due to all the pressure. I ordered a support band and was able to walk about a mile over the weekend, but then my back hurt so bad from the walk that I was achy for 2 days. 

I'd been keeping up with swimming 3-4 times a week, but took a hiatus the past 2 weeks b/c I've been so tired. I'm actually planning to go tomorrow before work, if I can get myself up in time. I'm definitely swimming laps Saturday before DD's swim lesson. So, at least there's that.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Still doing yoga but not as much as I would like. I do 2/3 classes a week and home practice every day, even if it's just for a few minutes before bed. Walking when I can but it's been too hot the last few days. Swimming when I can, hoping to make a swim class on Friday!

It's quite hard to get motivated and even just moving around is exhausting. Just trying to keep my flexibility and endurance up for labor :)
  • QOTRQOTR member
    I'm walking several times a week and doing yoga once a week.   Some days the walks are quite laughable. 
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • I'm just walking 3-4 days a week now. I'm just so tired most days and I feel really clumsy.
  • Krisd6Krisd6 member
    Ugh- I just can't do it!
    I walk at work and tell myself that counts. But between feeling the lightning bolt pain and the heaviness- it's tough!!!

I admire all of you :-)

• I'm still doing spin 2 - 3 days per week and one yoga class on Saturdays...but it takes a lot of effort to get there now! My OB says it will make delivery easier, so here's hoping!

• Does taking a shower, getting dressed, and playing with my almost 3 year old count???? Cuz that's a total work out. 

• CaliValCaliVal member
    I still workout on the Eliptical for half an hour every morning.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jenb_99jenb_99 member
    I'm still doing 2-3 Walk at Home workouts, for a total of about 5 miles per week. Lame. I was doing 8-10 miles a week up till about 20w, and it gradually dropped off from there. But I'm trying to stay active during the day, doing housework and taking DS out when I can, so at least that counts for something.

I was obese and inactive to start with, and I literally did nothing but sleep and sit on the couch when I was pregnant with DS 2.5 yrs ago, so I'm still proud of myself for doing anything at all and for keeping it up throughout this entire pregnancy.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• edited May 2014
    Working out, what's that?? Seriously, Dd1 and I went to meet DH for lunch this week. We took our time to get there stoping at the park and the playground. On the way home I walked straight home pushing the stroller. I have never been so exhausted from a short 0.8 mile walk ever. I think it took 40 min to get home, yikes. It was all I could do to push DD up the hill for the last 3 blocks before home.
  • I stopped going to kickboxing last week. I still do prenatal yoga, long walks (2-3 miles), and I ran 2 miles on Sunday. The pressure on my pelvic area is just so uncomfortable at times. I'm trying to keep up my activity level because I know its good for me and baby & will help recovery time. 

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
    DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image

• Walking is all I have left and even that is forced on some days.
  • I'm doing yoga (prenatal now the regular class was just to much) and chasing my three year old at the park and the beach. Yesterday on the walk back from the beach I thought I was on the last mile of a marathon and it is less than a half mile there, so so sad.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've been doing Zumba 2-3 times a week all along until last week. Now I can't find the motivation to do anything. I'm hoping having done all that Zumba will still help in speeding my recovery, even though I'm being lazy these last few weeks (doctor's orders!).
    image image
    BabyFruit Ticker

• gerlam5gerlam5 member
    Are you in mn? We haven't seen the sun since sat!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"