Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Intro and my story

Hi, I'm new to the board and wanted to first off thank all of you brave ladies. I have been lurking on here since I started bleeding on Saturday. Reading some of your stories really helped me emotionally prepare for my own miscarriage. So, here's my story. 

On Saturday afternoon I was going about my day and felt a little...wet. I figured it was just discharge, but when I went to the bathroom I discovered red blood. I immediately broke down and started crying, as I knew something just wasn't right. I opted not to go to the ER because I figured there was nothing they could do to help, and waited until Monday to call my MW. I continued to bleed all weekend, and it just kept increasing. I also had some very light cramping and lower back pain, but barely even painful. The wait until Monday was horrific. I called my MW first thing Monday morning and got an appointment for later that day. Sitting in the waiting room surrounded by a bunch of healthy pregnant women was really hard. When my ultrasound started I could tell the baby had grew from the last time we saw it at 6 weeks, and I just started to cry on the table. I couldn't see a heartbeat and the tech confirmed that there was none. The baby was measuring 8 weeks, and I should have been almost 9. I realized later that I really wanted the picture of the ultrasound. At my next appointment I plan to ask if they have it in my chart, and if I can get a copy of it. 

We were moved to another room where my MW talked to us about our options. I had already pretty much decided I wanted to try to pass the baby naturally, but in that moment I really understood why some people choose a D&C. We went home and I just cried. That night the cramping increased. I woke up at about 4:30am Tuesday from cramping. It felt like bad menstrual cramps, but nothing too painful. I could even feel that my cervix was dilating, and I sat on the toilet pretty much the whole time, as I just had the feeling that I couldn't get up. I woke up my husband for support and he sat with me. I bled a lot, and passed a tiny bit of tissue. I had something similar to the urge to push, that was just my body getting ready I believe. I also felt like pooping (and did--twice). Then, as that urge increased, I passed the sac and baby very suddenly (at about 5:30am). I literally gasped I was so surprised. The cramping immediately stopped and I started to feel better. 

Yesterday I felt strangely relieved. I was so worried about waiting for a long time to miscarry naturally, that I was almost happy to just have the whole ordeal over with. It was the first time since Saturday that I was really able to get off my couch and do anything. Today has been hard again. I realized it was the first day that I'm not pregnant at all. It is also the ten year anniversary of my moms death. The whole thing just sucks. I have another ultrasound Friday to confirm that I passed everything. 

Thank you for letting me tell my story--it helps just to write it down. 

DD1 Sept 2010
DD2 Dec 2012
Natural M/C April 2014 (10wks)
BFP July 4th 2014

Re: Intro and my story

• I'm sorry for your loss. I also started miscarrying naturally on Saturday, so I understand what you are going through. I keep telling my husband that it's just so weird to think that I'm not pregnant anymore. I was just over 9 weeks when I had the miscarriage.

Anyway, just know that you are not alone.

BFP #1 3/19/14 • EDD 11/26/14 • MC 4/26/14 at 9w3d • BFP #2 10/10/14 • EDD 6/20/15

• I'm so sorry for your loss. I had my mc last week and I'm having a really hard time with it all. It helped me to tell my story here to people who I knew would understand. Everyone IRL have been so nice and open to talking, but I don't know anyone who have had a mc, so this helped.
    Married 10/10/2009
    MC 4/23/2014
    BFP 8/1/2014, expecting our rainbow on 4/12/2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • So sorry for your loss.

Me (28) DH (27)
    Married June 2012
    Started TTC July 2013
         BFP #1          August 2013          EDD 4/29/14            natural MC at 6-7 week
    BFP #2         January 2014         EDD 9/24/14            MC at 8 weeks, D&C
    BFP #3         March 2014            EDD 12/4/14            MC at 8 weeks, D&C
    BFP #4         August 2014            EDD 4/20/15        Hoping for our rainbow
                                                It's a BOY!

• I'm sorry for your loss. My emotions were all over the first week. They have gotten better but I still have my moments.
  • I am so sorry for your loss.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers        Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Oct Angel*BFP 1/25/14 * EDD 10/6/14 * US#1 2/26/14 *US#2 3/3/14 no heartbeat*d&c 3/12/14*

BFP 1/17/15 * EDD 9/30/15

• Thanks everyone. It is very helpful to know I'm not alone.
    DD1 Sept 2010
    DD2 Dec 2012
    Natural M/C April 2014 (10wks)
    BFP July 4th 2014

• So sorry for your loss.
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
  • tlc35tlc35 member
    I am sorry for your loss.  It does suck.  I also found sitting in the waiting room very difficult.  ((hugs))
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• I'm so sorry for your loss.

BFP: 3/9/2014  EDD: 11/11/2014  MMC: 4/10/2014  D&C: 4/11/2014
  • FeeganFeegan member
    I am so sorry for your loss, I wish there was something, anything, anyone could say to help you/us through this, but just know you have many people in your life who love you and many women here that can offer their support.
    TTC #1: 3/2013
    02/2014: Clomid = BFN
    03/2014: Femara + Menopur + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP! - 3/17/14
    EDD: 11/29/14 - MMC @ 9 wks: 4/25/14 
    Misoprostol 4/28 & 4/29 - D&C after misoprostol failure 5/2/14
    07/2014: Spontaneous IUI, no meds = BFN
    08/2014: Spontaneous IUI, no meds = BFN
    08/2014 v2.0: Final spontaneous IUI, no meds = BFN
    09/2014: BCP cycle in prep for injectable cycle in Oct.
    10/2014: Gonal-F + Cetrotide + Ovidrel + IUI  = BFP!
    TWINS! 
    "Top Bunk" & "Bottom Bunk" due June/July 2015
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"