April 2014 Moms
Options

Abdominal Tenderness?

edoliesmomedoliesmom member
edited April 2014 in April 2014 Moms
The third day after giving birth I had some tenderness to the left of my belly button about 3 inches above that. It subsided, but now it's back (8 days after birth). Has anyone else experienced this or heard of it? If so, is it anything to be concerned about, or do you know what it is?

ETA: It feels like it's just below the surface; it's not a deep pain.
February Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV couple ~ Jim & Pam <3

Edolie Mae ~ April 21, 2014 <3

Re: Abdominal Tenderness?

• Options
    Wish I could help!
    image    image    image    image

• Options

Wish I could help!

lol Thanks. :) I guess I'm the only one experiencing this which kind of makes me more worried!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would say because it is in such a specific area you should call your OB. It could be a gall badder issue or something.
    image    image    image    image

• Options
    The pain I have is on my right instead of my left. It's the same feeling that your having. My OB said its inflammation in my ribs from the baby being crammed up in there. I would call the doc to ask though. You don't want to have it end up being something serious.

• Options
    Thanks y'all. I'll call today and see what they say.

• Options
    Left side is pretty much always gas/poop related, but worth a call.
    BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
  • Options
    I have an umbilical hernia to the left of my belly button, and it hurts like a sonofabitch. The surgeon who did my C-section is tracking it closely - in 6 weeks we'll decide if I need surgery to repair it.

Lilypie - (tQ1Y)

Lilypie - (Rgc4)

Daisypath - (bXqd)

Natural miscarriage @ 8 weeks - 3/8/2005
    Big Brother "Skippy" born - 2/28/2007
    Missed miscarriage - (EDD 3/5/2013) - D&E @ 11 weeks - 8/8/2012
    "Hen" (EDD 6/7/2013) - born sleeping @ 19 weeks - 1/15/2013
    "G-Unit" born - 4/14/2014 and he's 100% perfection!!
  • Options
    I have an umbilical hernia to the left of my belly button, and it hurts like a sonofabitch. The surgeon who did my C-section is tracking it closely - in 6 weeks we'll decide if I need surgery to repair it.
    Sorry to hear that. :( Hopefully it'll resolve itself so the surgery won't be necessary. I had a vaginal delivery, but do you know if I could have that too? Mine kind of feels like a really tender bruise on my abs.

• Options
    @SLSchuerg - Yes, it is possible that you could have a hernia even with a vaginal delivery. Mine apparently happened from the excessive stretching. It's apparently a very large hernia, too. I hope that's not what you have, but it is definitely worth bringing to your doctor's attention.

Lilypie - (tQ1Y)

Lilypie - (Rgc4)

Daisypath - (bXqd)

• Options
    You're not the only one. I am experiencing the exact same thing. It's sore/tender, but doesn't hurt too bad. In fact, I wasn't worried at all. However, based on everyone else's responses, I guess I'll call my doctor to see if I should be concerned.
  • Options
    @WifeofaComposer I called my clinic today, and they said it could be a number of things, like gas, constipation, my uterus contracting. But I've had those pains before, and they're different. They said just to monitor it, and if it gets worse that I should call them or go to the ER. I'm not due to go back until the 13th, so I'm hoping the pain doesn't stay until then.

@erikaja6 Let me know what your doctor says. Hope it's nothing!

• Options
    I have a weird pain I don't know if is the muscle or the skin , it hurts when I put lotion like burning sensation .
  • Options
    I have the same thing. It's not a constant pain but is sharp when it strikes. I don't remember having it with past pregnancies. I'm going to follow up with my doctor as well.
  • Options
    @SLSchuerg - Let me know what you find out if your doctor checks it on the 13th.

Lilypie - (tQ1Y)

Lilypie - (Rgc4)

Daisypath - (bXqd)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"