Military Families

PCS/Movers Question

We are in the process of PCSing and a little confused on the process with the movers. DH's unit is about to go TDY and none of them could care less about helping him clear. TMO hasn't been very helpful either. Hopefully someone here can help.

So here's the situation: We submitted our info on move.mil and our current status is "Offer Accepted and Presurvey Pending". We got an email saying our moving company would be ABC and the local service company be EFG. About a week later DH got another email from a third company (let's call them HIJ) saying they are overseeing our move and once they assign us a moving company we'd be contacted for the presurvey. This is where I'm lost. I thought we were already assigned movers (hence the first email we got), but DH talked to a lady from company HIJ and she said not yet. Does this all sound correct? We need to give our landlord 30 days notice to vacate but how do we do that without a definitive pack out date? Just assume they'll give us the date we asked for and hope for the best? Right now we are planning on adding 7 days to our requested move date to account for house cleaning and carpet cleaners and possible delay from movers. Does that sound good?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: PCS/Movers Question

• What if you try contacting EFG? Hopefully someone else can chime in with more up to date info, but last time we moved we the TMO confirmed which company and dates. We didn't deal directly with the company until it was already set.....sorry this is confusing, hopefully it works out for you!
      It's a girl!! EDD 2/28/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • What if you try contacting EFG? Hopefully someone else can chime in with more up to date info, but last time we moved we the TMO confirmed which company and dates. We didn't deal directly with the company until it was already set.....sorry this is confusing, hopefully it works out for you!
    I'll ditto this. With both of ours we set our own move date with TMO first. Then we dealt directly with the TMO office until the companies (packing and moving were done separately) were set, then we got a call from the packing company to come out and survey our house to see how much packing material we would need. At that point we already had a set moving date. I'm sorry that you're dealing with a bunch of people who don't want to help. Is it possible for you to go to the TMO office or go to your FRG/AFR or equivalent?

TTC #1 since 11/2012
    Me-31, H-27
    **Loss 1-Cycle 7(June 2013) at 5w6d-CP**Loss 2-Cycle 11(October 2013) at 5w4d-CP**
    **Loss 3-Cycle 14 (January-February 2014)-M/C dx 2/10, EP dx 2/24, MTX 2/25**
    Beta Hell--hCG finally down to 0 - 6/20/14
    SA normal. Genetic testing normal. Hormonal testing normal.
    HSG 6/30/14 - found blocked left tube and 2 'bubbles' on uterine wall.
    Hysteroscopy/Lap--8/4/14 - Tubes unblocked. Polyps removed from uterine wall. Septum removed.
     9/30/14--Off the bench! Unmedicated TI through December 2014
    BFP 12/14/14!!! Beta #1, 12/16: 990 Beta #2, 12/18: Over 2000! Beta #3, 12/22: over 8000!
     U/S #1, 12/23: gestational sac, possible heartbeat
    U/S #2, 12/30: HEARTBEAT! 128bpm, measuring right on at 7w EDD: 8/19/2015
    U/S #3, 1/9: BPM in the 180s, IT'S HAPPENING!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Linz-ELinz-E member
    edited May 2014
    We had three companies show up on packing day and two on moving day. Does your husband have a TMO contact person? Thats who actually told us who had won the bid otherwise we would have been clueless. This is also who gave us a moving date but I think that was even pretty last minute. When we set up closing on our house we just guesstimated by when we knew DH had to report. I think your game plan for timing is fine. Aside from the confusion with the movers everything went smoothly though! Good luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Natural M/C 1.10 MMC 1.13 CP 12.13
    This is for all the caterpillars that never became butterflies. And for all the butterflies that never felt the wind in their wings. And for all the hearts that had hopes and dreams of a wondrous flight together.
  • When DH got his orders the first thing he did was go to TMO. They just handed him a paper and told him everything is done online now and to go to move.mil. So we did that and submitted our move and he went back to the office the next day and they told him to sit tight and wait for an email.

Since then we've received the emails described above, but still no direct guidance on what to expect as far as a timeline goes. His unit is screwing around with him and made him go to the field this week and next week even though we're 5 weeks out from PCSing. He plans on going in to TMO again, but it'll probably be another week before he has time. I'd go, but my POA expired.

I'm mostly just confused about this "moving coordinator" lady and why she's saying we don't have a mover yet when the email we got from DPS made it sound otherwise. GAH!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"