February 2013 Moms

For those w/ LOs anti-veggie

So I've previously mentioned DS's disillusionment with vegetable that don't come in pouch form. Well, the last couple days I've gotten creative with veggies and it's worked out really well so I thought I would share! 

1. Spinach. I sneak it into a cheese quesadilla. 

2. Butternut squash - mix in some applesauce

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

Re: For those w/ LOs anti-veggie

• I've got to get on this.  All I do now is squirt orange-flavored DHA into her PB&J.  Tastes like orange marmalade, although fishier...  
  • I put spinach and carrots in my meatloaf. Sucks it down, and is none the wiser. Which is almost stupid, because spinach and carrots he eats independently without having it mixed into anything. I should choose something else....
  • Loading the player...
  • Oooh I love all these sneaky ideas!

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• You ladies are good. I do throw some veggies in my meatloaf and meatballs. Dd also loves mashed cauliflower.
                    Our Blessing From God Through Adoption
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                   Our Blessing After TTC for 6 Years (natural birth!)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                             EBFing, CDing, BWing, SAHM
  • My LO has become a terrible eater lately.  I put pumpkin and/or sweet potato puree into muffins and pancakes.  I also make veggie "cookies" - usually some type of vegetable (broccoli and cauliflower are great for this), a little cheese and bread crumbs/quinoa mix.  I've also done eggs mixed with veggies and baked in a mini-muffin pan.  Also put veggies in grilled cheese and tomato sauces. 

• I tried #1 into a grilled cheese a few weeks ago. Epic fail :( However, my DCP makes smoothies and has a juicer and she makes them snacks that have tons of fruit with spinach and avocado mixed in. So I don't feel so bad :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • light52light52 member
    My oldest is anti-veg but he will eat anything when it is in soup.  We eat a ton of soup in the winter just so I can hid some veggies in there.  My youngest has no problems with veg and fruit but I think he is trying to be a vegetarian.  I need this kid to eat some meat as his choices are already limited due to allergies.
    Samuel  2.26.06 41w ASD/ADHD
    Eli  6.18.09 35.5w
    Silas  1.25.13 35.4w 10 days NICU, allergies/asthma, gluten intolerant

• light52light52 member
    My oldest is anti-veg but he will eat anything when it is in soup.  We eat a ton of soup in the winter just so I can hid some veggies in there.  My youngest has no problems with veg and fruit but I think he is trying to be a vegetarian.  I need this kid to eat some meat as his choices are already limited due to allergies.
    Samuel  2.26.06 41w ASD/ADHD
    Eli  6.18.09 35.5w
    Silas  1.25.13 35.4w 10 days NICU, allergies/asthma, gluten intolerant

• These are great ideas!! I also hide veggies in fruit smoothies.  She takes in so much kale and spinach that I am actually growing it in my garden now to save us some money!  I also just discovered the best trick.  DH is also anti-veggie so I made meatballs and zoodles the other day to cut out the carbs of pasta.  Zoodles is zucchini noodles.  I use a mandolin to cut zucchini into long thing strips like noodles then I saute onions and garlic in a skillet and throw the zucchini in after a few minutes.  Some pasta sauce and parm cheese on top with some meatballs and they don't even care that it isn't pasta!!  DH even took leftovers to work for lunch!!
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic      image
    View Full Size Image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"