October 2013 Moms
Options

HTW

Jalee85Jalee85 member
edited April 2014 in October 2013 Moms
I know it's not Tuesday, but reading this article really disturbed me. This is why you should never just leave your dog to be euthanized by themselves.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Fort-Worth-Vet-Accused-of-Keeping-Dog-Alive-for-Transfusions-257225231.html#

@petdocd‌ and @huntjul‌ what do you guys think of this story?
April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
imageimageimage     
imageimage

Re: HTW

• Options
    The idea that this vet may be lying about how sick a family pet is, just to use them for a blood transition is so sad.
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• Options
    I left my cat to be euthanized, but she was given a tranquilizer first. I stayed with her until she fell asleep. I was two weeks postpartum and there was no way I could watch :( This is awful.
    *TTC since July 2010
    *BFP #1- 11/12/12, m/c 11/16/12 @ 6 weeks
    *BFP #2- 1/23/13 EDD 10/4/13  

*Emma Rose: 10/8/13

*BFP #3- EDD 03/9/16

March '16 December Siggy Challenge- Favorite Christmas Movie/Quote
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    AjoydAjoyd member
    This makes me stabby. I have to think it is incredibly uncommon though.

Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. DS born 10-16-13.
    TTC #2 in December 2014. BFP 12-31-14. Expecting a September baby!
  • Options
    That is terrible!  I agree that it probably isn't something that happens often, but the fact that it happened at all is disturbing.  Who could lie about a pets condition to their family to use the poor animal like that?

• Options
    petdocd said:

I'm curious to know the vet's story on this one. I wonder if there is an angry employee/client who wanted to conveniently euthanize for a condition that is treatable with medication/surgery situation going on. The vet didn't handle the situation properly (there is paper work for relinquishing pets), but my hope is that he wanted to try to help the dog and keep him as a clinic pet. IDK maybe this is naive of me to want to believe that a vet couldn't be this awful. 

I hope this is the case. I do side eye the employee for only coming forward once they left their job. I personally didn't know the color of the solution they use for euthanasia. I've never been around for it.
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• Options
    Jalee85Jalee85 member
    Another thing. We had a vet that refused to euthanize till the end of day once they were closed. So my mom went elsewhere, but perhaps this is how he could get away with it?
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• Options
    Lee81Lee81 member
    petdocd said:

don't most people know that the euthanasia solution is pink colored?;

I'm not sure this is common knowledge. I definitely didn't know. We had to put one of our cats down last year and the color of the solution was the last thing on my mind.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Wow. If it is indeed the veterinarian that purposefully planned this, that is one sick individual.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    This is disturbing....I also wonder the motive behind this since I'm sure the vet could easily acquire a different animal that was not a clients animal to do this too. Did he hate this family? Maybe he loved the dog and was trying to treat? There has to be more to this story.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo octoberowls_zps78dd2214.png

May Siggy: Baby in disguise

photo photo1-1.jpg
  • Options
    jennlinjennlin member
    Nope @petdocd no idea there was a color associated with it.

• Options
    So many questions. If my beloved and relatively young dog had a condition that my vet recommended putting them down for rather than treatment options, I would find a new vet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"