September 2012 Moms

Because it's never going to stop raining...

Recommend your umbrella. I just had my second one turn inside out on me this week. I'm tired of POS umbrellas and want something sturdy but compact that will cover me and the kids on days like today. DD and I literally got soaked going in and out of daycare, the doctor, the grocery store to get her prescription, and it did not put me in a good mood.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Because it's never going to stop raining...

• i second a rain coat - look at MEC or Columbia. i managed to find a great umbrella company here that does repairs for free (less rust damage), but it's a local company so that doesn't help you much. before that, i just stocked up on cheap (<$10) ones cause i was going through them constantly. if it's windy, they all bust.
  • Rain gear.
    I have a Columbia rain jacket and pants plus boots for myself (and it's awesome, I really stay dry). The kids currently have rain overalls. They are great, breathable, they stay dry and it just goes over their clothes. With rain boots, we are good to go.

And for quick in and outs, I vote oversized jacket too. Or a poncho.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Hmmm, I think raincoat might need to be a Mother's Day request. ;-) We all actually have rainboots, but I never got coats for the kids either bc I figured they weren't playing in the rain. Thanks for the idea, ladies!

• And here's a visual, because I can.

It's perfect for yucky days
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I definitely also suggest a rain jacket. I have a columbia one that I like and I stay nice and dry. I also have a rain cover for the stroller that works really well.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"