December 2013 Moms
Options

Getting LO back to sleep in MOTN

Hey all, my LO wakes up 2-4x per night to nurse and most of the time she goes back down fairly easily. Yet every couple of nights, she is wide awake after nursing and it takes 1-2 hours to get her back down. I've tried all the usual strategies (no eye contact, no talking etc) but it seems no matter what I do I can't stop this MOTN wakefulness (she's been like this since birth so no 4MW here).

For those with similar issues, any idea why this happens? Any tips on how to avoid (beyond the usual) or any tips of getting her back to sleep more quickly? I know I'm reaching here I'm just exhausted after barely 3 hours of sleep last night.
Baby Girl Cbowl born 12/2013.   Love love love.

Re: Getting LO back to sleep in MOTN

• Options
    We followed the Sleep Sense plan and once she did fine with that if she wakes and we know she is not wet and not hungry, we let her CIO /Extinction method. (Not a fun process but necessary for us and later sleep habits...) Usually doesn't take longer than 10 minutes. We also have the FP Rainforest Soother, so if she is awake she turns that on and watches it for a bit and then falls asleep.
    imageimageimage

Sebastian: March 3, 2010

2nd Tri Angel Baby: November 2012

McKenna: December 2, 2013

• Options
    Are you side-nursing her? I find that my guy falls asleep when he nurses while we're laying down together. I always make sure I do this on the side of the bed that's against the wall because sometimes I nod off too.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    bty19bty19 member

Are you side-nursing her? I find that my guy falls asleep when he nurses while we're laying down together. .

Yes! I side nurse 80% of the time anyway simply because it's so easy (my lo squirms around lots if being held when feeding , it's rather difficult) so at night she zonks right out again and I think it's the laying down that helps. If she falls asleep quickly I tickle her or gently compress my breast to get her to continue drinking longer.
    Worth a try OP?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    CbowlCbowl member
    Thanks ladies! I do side lie nurse at night but when she's wide awake she just pulls off when done and starts squeaking and chatting away. She's still in our room so it's hard to just leave her in her cosleeper talking away so I keep trying pacifier / rocking / head rubbing none of which work. She typically just chats and kicks for an hour or so and then starts fussing / crying until I nurse her again at which point she sometimes goes back down.

I suppose I just have to ride it out until we transition her to her own room. Ah well.
    Baby Girl Cbowl born 12/2013.   Love love love.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"