Parenting

Okay this might sound a little crazy- PR

So my kids have been sick the whole month of April. I am not exaggerating. Do you think it could be something in my house? Or something I am doing?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Okay this might sound a little crazy- PR

• What kind of sick?

Cat leg goes crazy and beats itself in the face

image  image
  • No. There have been times it has been like that here.

Just everyone getting the bug one after the other and then something new popping in and starting the cycle over.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • DS had a massive sinus infection, cough, eye infection, vomiting the other day and now diarreha (sp?).

DD has had a cough, eye infection ,ear infection, sore on the outside of her lip and fevers.

• I thought everything was getting better and then DD got up from her nap with more coughing and a fever. DS had been on antibiotics for two weeks!

• Are you sure it's not allergies? Me and Ds have cold symptoms all of April and May but it's not a cold. He gets hay fever every year.
  • @NotSharknado DD has allergies but this is way different then last year.

• Are you using bleach? I've heard that disinfectant wipes don't kill norovirus.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• edited April 2014
    Ugh, that sounds rough..

I wish I had better advice, I haven't really experienced the same, but that sounds like a lot going around at once (mixed in with bad allergy season etc) and I could see why it may be taking longer to fight off .... the diarrhea for your DS may be related to antibiotics

Sorry :( 

Cat leg goes crazy and beats itself in the face

image  image
  • YES.  My DS has been sick continuously and DD and I have had it off and on.  I keep thinking he's finally getting better and then the cough and runny nose starts up again.  He's been tested for allergies and tested negative, but  I swear it has something to do with the pollen/etc. irritating his airways anyway.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks guys. I feel like I am going crazy.

• Try getting seen by an ENT and have tonsils and adnoids looked at?  That's the only thing I can think of you haven't done.  That and maybe hire a cleaning company to come in and give your house a good deep clean just to be extra thorough...

You can get an at home mold test kit at home depot.  That could be another possibility?

I'm so sorry, we all have rough months of illness, but yours does sound extreme.  All I can think is sanitize and start thinking outside the box on health care (ie.... something chronic not just multiple viruses or allergies)

• My dd will vomit and have diarrhea as a result of congestion from allergies. It's all drainage related. I'm sorry, that sucks. We are right there with you!
  • That stinks! Last winter we were sick from nov-March with various things. This winter hardly anything. I don't think it's your fault.

But I agree with PP that said she opens the windows and disinfects everything.
    Blake 04/29/05 Will 06/12/07 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"