1st Trimester
Options

Please tell me that I won't feel like this for the entire 9 months....

Since finding out I am pregnant it has been a non-stop sick fest in my body! I believe about about 7 weeks along.. but could be wrong. 

My question is... please tell me that I won't feel car sick, room spinning drunk the entire 9 months?

I know everyone is different... I am just losing hope that I will ever enjoy this pregnancy from anywhere but the toilet...

Re: Please tell me that I won't feel like this for the entire 9 months....

• Options
    I did with my first. I had an easier time with my second though.
    Soon to be mommy of 3!
    DS Grayson (3yrs) (Emergency Csec)
    imageDS Camden (1yr) (All natural Vbac)
    DD Isabella due 8/2/2014

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    See your doctor. If it really is that bad, medicine may be able to help.

It may get better, it may not. I was on zofran and unisom/B6 my entire pregnancy.
    baby boy: 3.19.2014
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Symptoms can come and go but also can stick around the whole time. Talk to your OB/MW and see what they say.
  • Options
    It could absolutely stick around the whole time. However, odds are more in your favour for it to end after the first trimester is over. Last time I was sick (HG) until 20 weeks. Still sick right now at 12 weeks.
  • Options
    I'm sorry. I really can't tell you if you will be that badly nauseated for 40 weeks. I can just say I hope not.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Odds are slim it'll last the entire 40 weeks but it's possible. Shoot, I'm getting close to being half baked and still am puking. I will say though it has greatly improved since week 12. Good luck

BFP 01/31/14 EDD 10/06/14

Team Pink! Violet was born on 09/27/14
  • Options
    Chances are it will ease as you go into 2nd tri, but there's away the possibility that you could be one of the lucky ones who has it til the bitter end. Mine eased at around 14 weeks and went at about 16 weeks.

If you're really struggling, talk to your dr and see about getting some meds. You don't have to suffer this bad.

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

• Options
    It's possible. But a lot of people feel better in their 2nd trimester. I started feeling a whole lot better once I hit about 14 weeks. Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I felt a lot better at about 14/15 weeks. A lot of people start feeling better once they go into the second tri... but there are still some that have morning sickness their entire pregnancy. Only time will tell.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat. Only about 5 weeks along, and dealing with all day nausea. Luckily no throwing up. It makes me realize I was *super* blessed with baby boy. I didn't get sick until almost 8 weeks, and the symptoms left at 12 weeks.

I found that sleeping helps with nausea ... I've slept more in the last week than I have since my son was born. Lol!
  • Options
    I started m/s around 6 weeks (was put on diclectin) and am 10w6d today.  I still feel "blah" every single day and am hoping it eases up soon.  I did legitimately get the flu last week though, and once that passed I felt on top of the world (even though I still had all of my pregnancy symptoms, haha).  So I'm trying to make that "at least I don't still have the flu" appreciation last as long as possible.
  • Options
    Sorry you feel that way. It is something that can linger on through out. I have known woman that their MS just never let up, but dont suffer through it there are meds that can help and even a little bit of reliefe is better than none.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Baby #1 7/16/10
    Baby #2 11/14/12 
    Baby #3 12/11/14
    Baby #4  3/30/17
    Baby #5 2/28/19 
    Baby #6 Miscarriage
    Baby #7 7/3/22
    Naturally with PCOS

• Options
    With pregnancy #1, I started feeling sick at 5 1/2 weeks and it lasted until 20 weeks (and then I still had bad reflux, but no more room-spinning/barfing/etc). With this pregnancy, I started feeling sick at 5 1/2 weeks too, so... ugh. 

If it makes you feel any better, I've seen articles linking nausea in early pregnancy to healthier birth outcomes. So, that's something... I guess? 

Call your doctor and get some drugs, sleep a lot, eat regularly and know that you absolutely wont feel this way forever. 
  • Options
    As everyone else said... you could feel this way the entire time, or it could get better, no one knows for sure.  Both of my previous pregnancies I have felt sick the first tri and between 13-15 weeks start feeling better.  Right now that is the only thing getting me thru most of these sick days is the thought that it won't last forever.  I will feel better soon.
    December 2014 November Siggy Challenge: How I Feel in Third Tri

Mom to DD(4), DS(2) and # 3 Due 12/14/14

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    For me personally with my son the 1st tri I was tired and nauseous 24/7, 2nd tri felt GREAT, then 3rd rolled around and I was still feeling good but not getting around as much bc of very swollen feet!!! Hopefully you start to feel better soon!
    IAmPregnant Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"