Baby Names

Your thoughts on Olivia?

Hello again wise namers...
We are down to Olivia, Audrey (DH's fave) and Tessa.

We've always loved Olivia, and though we only loosely know one baby Olivia (friend of a friend's DD) and no adult Olivia's, I know it is super popular.

But we are really considering it. Give me your thoughts -- love it, hate it, know a ton of them? Will she be Olivia M. at school?

DD is Violet Elizabeth and DS is Benjamin Graeme.

Any feedback is much appreciated!

Re: Your thoughts on Olivia?

• I love Olivia too, but it is way too popular for me, but if that doesn't bother you i'd say use it. I think all your choices are really nice and they all fit well with your current children's names. My favorite is Audrey out of the three.
  • Well I have an Olivia, sooooo.... ;)
    Popularity doesn't bother me. That said, popular doesn't always mean there will be 3 others in her class. DD's name was #1 in my province the year she was born (oops!). But #1 = 230 or so Olivias in the whole province. The odds of another one in her class aren't THAT great. It's not like the Jennifer of our time, you know? Her daycare has about 150 kids and there are no other Olivias.

All that said, choose a name you love!
    SQUIRREL!!!

• Loading the player...
  • I will always love it despite the popularity.
  • Elizabeth and Olivia sound kind of match-y to me (maybe it's all the L's?). Audrey sounds really nice with your sibset. I love Olivia, though! We wanted to use it but a close friend and a cousin we see all the time both used the name for their kids, so we decided to let it go.
    Love 2010 | Marriage 2011 | TTC #1 since 2012
    PCOS | Anovulatory | Metformin + Letrozole
  • It's pretty, but I couldn't be more tired of this name.

Audrey is lovely-- that would be my pick for you.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• It's a beautiful name. I know too many little girls named Olivia to consider it myself, but would probably have it on my long list otherwise.

Tessa is my favorite from your list!
    Mary Jane {12} Kaden {10} Eliza {4} Due Sept. '14

CafeMom Tickers

Considering . . . Agatha, Beatrix, Clara, Daphne, Isadora, Josephine, Matilda, Philippa, Tabitha, Winifred . . .
  • I think I know 5 Olivia's under 5.  It's a gorgeous name but if popularity is a concern for you, I wouldn't use it.

I love Tessa!

Oscar born October 2011

Miscarriage at 8 weeks (August 2013)

DD due September 1, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• Just because a name is popular doesn't mean its a bad one! Sometimes that's the reason they are popular. :)
  • 1A1A member

I will always love it despite the popularity.

This.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Love Olivia, such a cute name for a little girl and a strong name for an adult woman.
  • Thanks so much for the feedback! 

I am terrible at naming babies at it turns out. I find this bizarrely stressful. But your opinions help :)
  • Elizabeth and Olivia sound kind of match-y to me (maybe it's all the L's?). Audrey sounds really nice with your sibset. I love Olivia, though! We wanted to use it but a close friend and a cousin we see all the time both used the name for their kids, so we decided to let it go.
    Just to clarify -- Elizabeth is DD's MN -- her full name is Violet Elizabeth. Olivia and Violet do share a lot of letters, but I am thinking (hoping) they are not too similar or cutesy. We eliminated Juliet, Scarlett, Ruby, Rose, and Rosalie all because they were not a nice pairing with Violet. Anyway, appreciate your feedback!
  • Olivia is a beautiful name.  It's popularity wouldn't bother me if I didn't know too many personally (but I have 3 cousins named Olivia).  If you do not know too many then go for it.  However, I adore Tessa.  All of your names are pretty but Tessa is my fave.  
  • Too overused.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've loved Olivia and the nn Liv since I was a little girl and no one had that name. But I couldn't bring myself to consider it for either of my girls because it is so popular. I know quite a few little Olivias. That said, it's still adorable on them.

I love love love Tessa from your list.
  • ==N====N== member
    It's a pretty name for sure, but way too popular for me.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I have never liked Olivia
    Audrey I just dont get why it is coming back into fashion
    Tessa I way prefer

• Jags8Jags8 member
    Olivia is nice, but popular. I dislike Tessa. I love Audrey and think it goes best with your other LOs.
  • emmy236emmy236 member
    Despite popularity its a beautiful name. It's not "trendy" and going to feel time stamped like Addison/Madison/Mikaylas will. I know the board loves Audrey but I just don't. It sounds frumpy and boring to me. I do love Tessa though. I think that is another beautifully classic name that pairs well with Violet and Ben
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"