Babies on the Brain
Options

Date night! What qualifies for you?

Do you consider any type of outing with your SO to be a date? If you just decide on a whim to see a movie would that be called a date?

Does going on a date require something more? Advance notice? Dressing up? Type of restaurant?

I don't have any children so we may go out to eat last minute, same with a movie but I don't call those dates.

Re: Date night! What qualifies for you?

• Options
    Last "Date" : Husband and I cleaned up the yard and hauled off the trash to the dump... Followed by a trip to tractor supply which surprisingly they where having a pet adoption/car show that also had hot dogs and other food. We picked up hot dogs and a drink and sat on the back of the tail gate of his truck....
    I considered that turning into a nice little day date.
    Seeing how we didn't have our daughter with us, we got to just sit there and enjoy each others presence.

If we ever have a real date night We just dress like normal but maybe with some extra perfume added and make up on my end and wearing my contacts. Movie and Dinner sometimes.

baby development
  • Options
    Date night for us is basically a nice dinner (not fast food - sit down meal - Chili's, TGIFRIDAYS, Olive Garden, etc) maybe a movie night at the theater or drive in. We don't dress up, but don't wear pj's or grubbies (clothes we wear around the house to lounge or do housework/chores). Basically just something a little more special and out of the ordinary.
    Anniversary
    Together: 09.27.2007 / Engaged: 05.05.2008 / Home: 11.27.2012 / Married: 09.27.2013

Visit The Nest!
    RIP: Mya - Female Siberian Husky Angel
    Osiris - Male Black ASH / Angel - Female Siberian Husky / Titan - Male Alaskan Malamute

Mirena Removed: 03.2014 / NTNP: 04.2014 / TTC: 07.2014

...old - but I'm not that old; young - but I'm not that bold...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When DH and I say we are going on a "date" it means we are doing something special. We spend time together all the time which for us is going to Home Depot/Lowes, the movies, mall, park or beach, or a casual restaurant (chili's, TGI Fridays). 

When we do something special we get dressed up and go out to a fine dining restaurant and have a few drinks. It usually costs us a few hundred dollars which sounds ridiculous, but to us it is worth it. The last time we went on a "date" was Valentine's day. Before I was placed on bed rest we would go every other month or so. We plan on going out again a week or two after I get off bed rest since we know we won't be able to for a while after baby comes.

image    image    

• Options

When DH and I say we are going on a "date" it means we are doing something special. We spend time together all the time which for us is going to Home Depot/Lowes, the movies, mall, park or beach, or a casual restaurant (chili's, TGI Fridays). 

When we do something special we get dressed up and go out to a fine dining restaurant and have a few drinks. It usually costs us a few hundred dollars which sounds ridiculous, but to us it is worth it. The last time we went on a "date" was Valentine's day. Before I was placed on bed rest we would go every other month or so. We plan on going out again a week or two after I get off bed rest since we know we won't be able to for a while after baby comes.
    This is us pretty much. Sometimes I look forward to an official "date" like in the beginning of our marriage. I'm not looking for anything fancy, just something preplanned by husband for me.
  • Options
    We try to have one night a month reserved for "date night" where we'd go out for dinner and maybe see a movie.  We don't go anywhere super fancy or anything.  We went out on a double date with some friends but didn't count that as our "date night" because it was with other people.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers 

• Options
    I was never really into going on dates. As of now we are happy to have one night a week to pop popcorn and watch something on Netflix without any friends visiting and neither of us working a night shift right before. I love having a cheap night to just chat and relax with H. 
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Love: March 2010  Marriage: July 2013  Debt Free: October 2014  TTC: April 2015
     BFP: April 10, 2016 EDD: December 19, 2016 Team Blue!
    Oscar born November 20, 2016 at 35w6d

• Options
    With 2 kids.. Netflix is what I call a hotttt date
  • Options

What qualifies as a date for my DH and I is when we are both off work and out of the house.  It might be home depot, a walk, or a nice resturant, but we are pretty low-maintenence and happy with just hanging out.  We dress up from time to time, but it doesn't define our dates.

Egg Retrieval - Feb. 2013 -> OHSS.  FET#1 - June 2013(failed). FET#2 - October 2013(success!) Griffin Alistair: 6#10oz 20" long, born 6/19/14 @ 4:04am
  • Options
    A date is any time without DS, lol. As much as we love our son, we still treasure moments just the two of us.
    imageimage image
  • Options

Before I got KU, I would not have considered going to a movie a date. If I had movie & a dinner (at a sit down resturant.) I would have considered it a date. But Movie & McDonalds, no.

Now that I have my son, I would consider it a date. If I have to find someone to watch the kiddos, it;s a date.

Married: 04-13-12 

SS: 12-13-02 | SD: 12-13-02

DS: 6-8-13 | Sept 15' #2

• Options
    Anytime we set aside time to go out intentionally it is considered a date.  It could also involve staying in, if we planned it in advance (i.e. Redbox movie & beer on the couch after LO is in bed).  The rules haven't really changed since having LO, although "dates" are about the same frequency.  We spend a ton of time together as a family, and did so before LO, too.
  • Options

I consider anything a date with the hubby. Our thing is going to the movies. I LOVE going to the movies, watching Netflix or renting a Redbox.

So, whether it's dinner and a movie...dressing up and going to a musical (rare occasion - usually during the holidays)...renting a Redbox and getting take-out...or going to one of those movie theater where they serve you and watch the movie at the same time (Alamo Drafthouse or Studio Movie Grill), I consider all of those A DATE and I love every moment b/c I know the second we get pregnant, it'll be harder to go out and do things like that.

We Met: July 2009
    First Date: January 2010
    Moved In Together: April 2012
    Engaged: December 2012
    Married: November 2013
    Built Our Dream House: May - August 2014
     TTC: Hopefully by the end of 2015      

• Options
    jenn330jenn330 member
    A date for us would be getting dressed up, going to a decent restaurant, and either a movie or drinks after dinner. That is what constitutes a date now and it was the same before our DD. We get "alone time" going shopping or a night in to ourselves, but I don't consider that a date; just spending kid-free time with my husband!
  • Options

Anytime we set aside time to go out intentionally it is considered a date.  It could also involve staying in, if we planned it in advance (i.e. Redbox movie & beer on the couch after LO is in bed).  The rules haven't really changed since having LO, although "dates" are about the same frequency.  We spend a ton of time together as a family, and did so before LO, too.

Pretty much this. We don't do "date" nights although we are frequently out together doing things.

We're so busy and our schedules are so nuts that anytime we intentionally state that we are going to do something it seems a bit more date-like, but that could be take-out, wine and watching our newest Netflix show (currently Breaking Bad).

TTGP December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Holiday Movie:
    ~Santa Claus is Coming to Town~

TTC #1: July 2014
    Me: 31  DH: 29
    DX (me): Inborn error of metabolism - protein restriction, metabolic formula & weekly blood tests
    DNA Results (7/1): DH is NOT a carrier for my genetic disorder! 
    7/3: Metabolic clinic gave the green light to TTC - holy crap!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"