One & Done: Only child

What are you OCD about?

To balance out our gross thread from yesterday. What is something you are OCD about? 

Re: What are you OCD about?

• I have to have DS's toys picked up off the floor. I cannot stand to see them (or even a few) spread out when he is not using them. 
  • Ugh, I count everything. Literally, it's ridiculous. I count the steps I take when I'm walking, I count the number of times people blink, I count bird chirps, I count knocking noises, I count the number of kisses my husband gives the baby or me, hand clapping, chewing, hair brushing. Every action or noise that happens more than once in a row I will subconsciously count.
    I am only annoyed by it when something only happens 7 times. I hate the number 7.... I may be genuinely OCD lol

My husband doesn't believe that I do this non-stop and will test me by doing things 7 times. It is so upsetting but it's funny to me :P
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I am crazy OCD about putting on lotion from head to toe, every time I get out of the shower.... absolutely no exceptions. To add, it HAS to be Vaseline Intensive Care's Cocoa Butter.

Also, I am a neat freak. I hate clutter and things looking out of place. I have managed to keep my house pretty stinking clean since LO has been here and grown, but I have a feeling that as she gets older I am going to need to learn to let things go.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Shabutie said:
    Ugh, I count everything. Literally, it's ridiculous. I count the steps I take when I'm walking, I count the number of times people blink, I count bird chirps, I count knocking noises, I count the number of kisses my husband gives the baby or me, hand clapping, chewing, hair brushing. Every action or noise that happens more than once in a row I will subconsciously count.
    I am only annoyed by it when something only happens 7 times. I hate the number 7.... I may be genuinely OCD lol

My husband doesn't believe that I do this non-stop and will test me by doing things 7 times. It is so upsetting but it's funny to me :P
    I feel your pain sista! I am on anxiety meds that are suppose to help with ocd as well. I have to double check door locks, my car, ect before i can even think about doing anything. 
  • PB102012 said:

I am crazy OCD about putting on lotion from head to toe, every time I get out of the shower.... absolutely no exceptions. To add, it HAS to be Vaseline Intensive Care's Cocoa Butter.

Also, I am a neat freak. I hate clutter and things looking out of place. I have managed to keep my house pretty stinking clean since LO has been here and grown, but I have a feeling that as she gets older I am going to need to learn to let things go.

I taught DS the clean up song! LOL "Clean up, clean up, everybody everywhere, Clean up, clean up, everybody do your share!"
  • PB102012 said:

I am crazy OCD about putting on lotion from head to toe, every time I get out of the shower.... absolutely no exceptions. To add, it HAS to be Vaseline Intensive Care's Cocoa Butter.

This is me too-- even to the brand of lotion.  I love that stuff.

Most of my OCD is about personal grooming for me and LO and my clothes/ LO's clothes.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• - Picking up DS' toys  off of the floor and putting them all in his toy bin.

- I count things a lot.

I am OCD about my house being clean. Like if I know the floor hasn't been swept in 2 days I wont go to bed until I sweep it. Ugh

our one and only *

DS - 2011

• -When I wash my hands I only use burning hot water. I mean to the point where the steam is coming from the faucet and my skin is bright red.

- I wash my feet throughout the day. I will sit in the bathroom and soak them probably about 3-5 times daily.

-Things on shelves need to be placed a certain way. I hate things head on, I like everything on an angle.

-I can't sleep unless I have blanket or shirt covering my eyes. I can't use sleep masks because they freak me out and I find them really weird.
  • Germs! I am a teacher and wash my hands five million times a day!
    Chemical Pregnancy 2001, Married 8/8/09, TTC April 2011, BFP 5/8/11, Missed M/C @ 9wk5d, D&C 6/21/11 BFP 11/13/11 Chase Everett born at 29wks 0 days on 5/7/12 at 2 lbs 14 oz, 14 1/2 inches long.
  • KS02CS08KS02CS08 member
    edited May 2014
    A lot of things my dh is convinced that I'm OCD. Since everything has to be in its place or it bugs me. I don't count things but I like things in group of two's and I don't like odd numbers. I hate when people put their sticker on their lincese plate wrong. I have to wash my hands all the time so my hand are always red and cracked. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"