Options

BFing check in

Who is still here?
Anyone nursing their new little babies?

How is it going? :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: BFing check in

• Options
    Hiiii :) we're still here. I've been doing "don't offer don't refuse" for a few days. The first day he nursed twice, the second day he nursed 5 x and he hasn't nursed at all yet today. It's easy to distract him in the mornings, but the afternoons are more difficult. I don't even really have a desire to wean yet,and don't have a deadline or anything. Just feeling a lot of pressure and sick of the "isn't he too old" comments.

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I guess I'm back?  I've been EBFing Julia for 5 months now- hoping to make it to a year this time.  I had to stop at 8 months with Sophia because the pregnancy tanked my supply.  Julia's doing great- she's an efficient nurser, but I didn't introduce a bottle early/often enough, so she fights us if we try to get her to take it, which limits how long I can be away from her.  She's interested in solid food, but hasn't lost her tongue thrust, so we'll continue to wait before introducing it. 
  • Options
    I'm here too.  I haven't noticed a reduction in the amount she's wanting to nurse really. Some days it's more than others though and I think nights are getting better.  Counting the days until I'm done pumping (only about 23 left)!  I still don't have a set timeline on weaning, but I do wish she would combine her sessions vs "snacking".  I hear you @holly_1007, I got a comment last week too.  I just ignored it. 

Side note (and sorry if this is TMI):  I *think* I'm having my first post-partum period.  Not totally sure though, because it's been very light and more brown than red.  I had asked about it on here just a couple weeks ago too.  Again sorry if that's TMI. 
  • Options
    @MRoxy0628 I'm so jealous you made it so long without a period!  I've already had one after Julia, at just 4.5 months post-partum.  And since I got pregnant with her when Sophia was 6 months old, apparently early PP periods are my norm regardless of exclusively BFing.
  • Options
    Still going here with no plans to wean.

I'm jealous of all of you ladies who ever had a break from a period postpartum. I bled for 7 weeks after delivery then had a period at 8 weeks and have been regular ever since. Ugh.
    "Mommy, HELP ME!"

Lilypie - (P7p7)
  • Options
    PenelopePondPenelopePond member
    edited May 2014
    Edit: wrong post sorry
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • Options
    E and I are here. Morning, 5pm, and 7:30. Same old, same old. 

• Options
    mchupiemchupie member
    Still nursing in the morning, before nap, and before bed. And one more time if she wakes in the middle of the night. I'm so ready to be done but she's obsessed. To make matters worse it's started to hurt yesterday and today. I think it's because I'm ovulating. Ugh.
    image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • Options
    @mchupie Long time, no see!

• Options
    mchupiemchupie member
    linzeek44 said:
    @mchupie Long time, no see!
    Hii! I know :( 

SAHM during the day, working at night almost every night leaves precious little bump time lol…tonight is a rare night off :)
    image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"