January 2014 Moms

aw - MSPI vent

Just need to vent to people who will understand, but I just got told I need to change my diet b/c they think Holly has MSPI.  I go back to work a week from Thursday and so all 1300 (I counted) ounces I have stored are now worthless. I' hoping that when she hits 6 months that she will grow out of her intolerance so we can utilize the milk I stored.  I could cry (actually I have).

I guess to look at the bright side (other than making LO more comfortable), I might shed those last few pesky lbs. on this new diet. Please tell me that sticking to the food limitations isn't that hard to do.

Wah - pity part for one.

Re: aw - MSPI vent

• That sucks! I hope she outgrows it. The likelihood of doing so it pretty good, I think, with intolerance as opposed to allergy.

There really are a lot of dairy alternatives nowadays so IME (ODS has dairy allergy) it isn't terribly hard, just takes some planning and sometimes extra shopping around. Paleo is trendy right now and tends to be no or minimal dairy if you need inspiration.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• So sorry!!! I had to cut diary and I said if that happened, I'd switch to formula. Then I saw the cost and decided to give it a try. I did give formula for a week to get it out of my system and I ended up really missing bf. I miss iced coffee, cheese, and ice cream but there are a lot of dairy free stuff. I find I'm eating more veggies and fruit but I also am eating more food with sodium, like soup or frozen meals or hot dogs (which retains water). So not finding a big weight loss. :( gl!

I'm 33 DH is 36 
    Married 6/27/2009 Together since 10/22/2005
    TTC since 8/2010 (off BCP since 8/2009) 
    Unexplained Infertility
    8/2011, 1/2012, 3/2012 IUI #1-3 BFN 
    6/2012 IVF#1 BFN, 8/2012 IVF#2 FET BFN, 11/2012 IVF#3 BFP
    12/10/2012 U/S #1 6w4d - heartbeat  EDD 8/1/13 
    12/26/2012 U/S #2 8w6d - No more heartbeat, MMC; D&C; Chromosome testing normal; male :( RPL testing normal 
    4/3/2013 DX Asherman's Syndrome caused by D&C, hysteroscopy done
    June 2013 IVF #4 planned 
    5/12/2013 SURPRISE BFP! Natural cycle 
    7/11/2013 Panorama results Normal!!! Team Pink, partial previa moved up in 2nd tri9/5/13 (19w) AS scan shows short cervix, 2.5 cm 9/19 (21w)  Cervix is worse 1.87cm, bed rest 10/26 & 10/27 steroid shots 12/19 (35w) DX: SGA Baby went from 57% percentile to 18th percentile in 6 weeks. Weekly BPP and NST until she is here. 1/17/18 Growth scan puts Abby below 10th percent in size, low amniotic fluid, and less movement. Time to induce!
    1/18/14 2:11am Abigial Morgan is here! 5lbs 14oz and 18 inches of pure cuteness!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • km_mdkm_md member
    I'm sorry you and your LO are going through this. That is a really tough diet but it is possible! Hopefully that helps your LO feel better. Hang in there mama!

• My DD is becoming more tolerant to foods...I'm actually donating my stored milk to a mom of premature twins. I have maybe 100oz stored. I don't know if the cow's milk was the culprit and I haven't drank it since my doc mentioned MSPI 2 months ago. So, hopefully, once the baby's system matures, all will be well.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • That's a bummer about the milk stash.  This is the 2nd baby i've done an MSPI diet for and it is only really hard when eating away from home.

BFP #1 10/13/09 EDD 06/20/10 DS Born on 06/26/10
    BFP #2 03/08/11 EDD 11/16/11 DD Born on 11/04/11
    BFP #3 08/29/12 EDD 05/06/13 M/C on 08/30/12
    BFP #4 11/01/12 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C on 12/28/12
    BFP #5 04/30/13 EDD 01/03/14 DS Born on 01/02/14
    BFP #6 01/11/15 EDD 09/22/15 M/C 03/09/15
  • I'm dairy free too. It seems hard at first but you get used to it. The hardest for me is giving up cheese and ice cream. So Delicious makes almond milk and coconut milk ice cream. My LO tolerates goat cheese and sheeps milk feta. Not sure if this is something you've tried or not.
    imageimage

• So sorry!!! I had to cut diary and I said if that happened, I'd switch to formula. Then I saw the cost and decided to give it a try. I did give formula for a week to get it out of my system and I ended up really missing bf. I miss iced coffee, cheese, and ice cream but there are a lot of dairy free stuff. I find I'm eating more veggies and fruit but I also am eating more food with sodium, like soup or frozen meals or hot dogs (which retains water). So not finding a big weight loss. :( gl!
    I already drink black coffee so at least I didn't lose caffeine. 
  • So sorry! I had to go dairy and soy free too and DH and I decided to do the Whole 30 diet, so at least weight loss helps! I also had a freezer stash but her ped said to keep it and retry in a month so we can test without reintroducing it into my system just in case.
  • Sakura16 said:
    So sorry! I had to go dairy and soy free too and DH and I decided to do the Whole 30 diet, so at least weight loss helps! I also had a freezer stash but her ped said to keep it and retry in a month so we can test without reintroducing it into my system just in case.
    Yeah I don't think my H will help me out and do the diet with me, but he did research a bunch of recipes so he is trying to be helpful. I found this great blog that lists a lot of foods that are okay to eat https://mommywisdomblog.blogspot.com/2012/03/new-baby-nursing-and-mspi-diet.html.

• FWIW my baby outgrew his intolerance at about 3 months.  My pedi said that he's never had a baby that didn't outgrow it by 4 months and most babies outgrow it by a year unless they have a true allergy.  Hopefully you can use your stored milk soon but if not try to store it in a deep freeze so it will last a full year.  Maybe you can use it by then.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are MSPI-found at 6 weeks(she's now 16) I accidentally had some milk (in syrup of all things) last week and we are still battling the side effects :( so she's still super sensitive at 4 months. The stash sucks!! I found soy more of a pain than milk. But on a positive note! I lost a bunch of weight!! It is not convenient- but worth it!! Hang in there! The breastfeeding board does a MSPI check in every Monday and it's been super helpful!!
  • angiek1angiek1 member
    We are MSPI-found at 6 weeks(she's now 16) I accidentally had some milk (in syrup of all things) last week and we are still battling the side effects :( so she's still super sensitive at 4 months. The stash sucks!! I found soy more of a pain than milk. But on a positive note! I lost a bunch of weight!! It is not convenient- but worth it!! Hang in there! The breastfeeding board does a MSPI check in every Monday and it's been super helpful!!
    I will have to start watching that thread. Yeah we are 13 weeks and so I feel we are late to the MSPI game, but something is going on. My doc thinks she has a slight intolerance to something, so we'll see. I'm hoping it is just a short term phase and that I will be able to use my milk when she is 5-6 months.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"