February 2014 Moms

Very late intro...

Hi, Ladies!

I figured I should probably introduce myself instead of lurking.... :-)

I hesitated to join when I found out that I got pregnant, because my husband and I had experienced a miscarriage.  A few things about me: (1) I live in South Carolina, (2) I'm working on my PhD in counseling, and (3) I love to run. 

Ella's scary birth story....

My baby girl (Ella) was due on 2/22; however, she came early on 2/4.  In December, I started bleeding heavy clots---two of the doctors at my practice kept blowing me off and telling me that it was my mucus plug.  They always did a BPP and everything looked great, but I never got any answers.  I had issues with low amniotic fluid too.  I was admitted to the hospital five times for low AF, decreased fetal movement, and bleeding clots.   Finally, on 2/4, I called my doctor's office and one of the "good" doctors was on call.  She told me that the hospital wouldn't admit me until I was 39 weeks or if I had a documented reason.  She knew of my history of low amniotic fluid, so she had me get another BPP with the hopes that we'd get our documentation.  The results indicated that my AF was a 4---so I was wheeled directly to L&D that morning.  The game plan was to start cervidil around dinner time and then break my water/start pitocin in the morning.  When they started the cervidil, I began to contract.  With each contraction, I started bleeding heavy clots.  I told my husband something wasn't right, and he got the nurse---she ended up getting my doctor.  My doctor said that my placenta was abrupting and I needed an emergency c-section because both of our lives were in danger.  Although I was scared/a hot mess, everything happened so quickly---Ella was born at 9:39pm. 

Recovery was difficult, because I was in excruciating pain.  My day nurse blew off my concerns and accused my of not walking and drinking soda---neither of which I was doing---instead of letting my doctor know and taking care of my pain.  On the last day, I ended up calling my doctor at the office and asking her to come to the hospital.  It was a relief to see her, because she immediately changed my pain management plan--something that should have been done way sooner.   During my follow-up appointment, I found out that nearly 60% of my placenta abrupted.  I'm beyond blessed that my daughter and I are both healthy. 

I've really enjoyed reading your discussions throughout my pregnancy and seeing pictures of all of your little ones! :-)  Sorry again for the late intro---with the MC and scary pregnancy, I was just really hesitant to dive into this.  Thanks for understanding!! :-)

Re: Very late intro...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"