October 2013 Moms
Options

Still using the MSS?

I feel like I might be the last one still clinging to it. She just sleeps so well in it. But now she's starting to not sleep so great in it- the weather's getting warmer and I think she's hot. Going cold turkey will probably suck, if last night was any indication. Any ideas on how to slowly get rid of it?
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Still using the MSS?

• Options
    I'm still swaddling!  I don't know how to stop! My girls sleep so poorly as it is, they just flail around and scratch their eyes out and get frustrated when I leave their arms out. The pedi seemed genuinely shocked that I was still swaddling my girls at 6 months, but I don't really know what else to do.

image4months_2radioflyer
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Ug. Dd is the same. She still fails like someone put a bug in her Jammie's. DS was out and fine by 4 months so I'm confused too.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We did the swaddle and RnP for a long time too and LO started sleeping worse and worse.  Eventually we figured out that she didn't want to sleep in the RnP or be swaddled because she wanted to sleep on her stomach.  She won't stay asleep on her back very well.  I don't even put her down in her crib on her back anymore because she will flip out.  She goes straight on her stomach and falls asleep/stays asleep much better.  

image image
    LO then (2 days) and now (1 year)
  • Options
    We did the swaddle and RnP for a long time too and LO started sleeping worse and worse.  Eventually we figured out that she didn't want to sleep in the RnP or be swaddled because she wanted to sleep on her stomach.  She won't stay asleep on her back very well.  I don't even put her down in her crib on her back anymore because she will flip out.  She goes straight on her stomach and falls asleep/stays asleep much better.  
    Stomach and side sleeping has been the ticket around here, too.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    We had to revert to swaddling. I plan on breaking this when we crib train, but I am DREADING it.
    April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• Options
    wedding06 said:
    @steph 13055‌ & @sleepy33‌ when your Los started sleeping on their bellies did they roll regularly tummy to back? DS started rolling back to belly but only went the other way once. He napped once on his stomach and slept so well so I am hoping that will happen when we ditch the MMSS but I am nervous he can't flip back the other way. Should I just trust that he will cry I he can't, which is what he does when awake?
    Hmm, I think mine could roll pretty well both directions when I started actively putting him down to sleep on his belly. BUT he rolled over on his own to sleep on his tummy quite a bit before he was regularly rolling from belly to back. Does that make sense?

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    wedding06 said:
    @steph 13055‌ & @sleepy33‌ when your Los started sleeping on their bellies did they roll regularly tummy to back? DS started rolling back to belly but only went the other way once. He napped once on his stomach and slept so well so I am hoping that will happen when we ditch the MMSS but I am nervous he can't flip back the other way. Should I just trust that he will cry I he can't, which is what he does when awake?
    She can roll both ways, but very rarely goes tummy to back.  For me, I just made sure she could move her head side to side when she was on her stomach.  Can your LO do that okay?  I assume he can, but my LO is one of the older ones here.  If so, I wouldn't worry about him not being able to roll tummy to back.  

image image
    LO then (2 days) and now (1 year)
  • Options
    Cameron sleeps in his crib for right around 15 mins max.  Then he flips his shit until I give in and let him sleep next to me where he then sucks himself to my bewbs for the remainder of the night. 

photo 8171fa67-0749-444f-93ec-78250e104e5f_zps37aefc95.jpg

• Options
    Stopping the swaddle was easier than I expected, but I did have to do a good two weeks with just one arm out. I bought one of those transition sleep sacks that looks like a flying squire suit & she literally wore it once & then decided she hated it. When her arms are out, she likes them up over her head. She also will only sleep on her side or stomach. I put her on her back every night & she immediately rolls to the right- almost like her right side is heavier or something, lol.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

imageimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We had to stop the MMSS cold turkey bc he rolled all the way over in it during a nap. We had one really bad night, and then he was fine. My tummy time hater actually ends up asleep on his belly more times than not now. Maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised like we were?

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

BFP #1: Mother's Day 5/13/12...m/c Memorial Day Weekend 5/26/12 

BFP #2: 2/16/13...Owen Ray born 6 weeks early 9/9/13

photo e0fadb54-1cd9-4c5f-8086-5e25d4789dbe_zps5ef23e41.jpg
  • Options
    rimjob said:
    Cameron sleeps in his crib for right around 15 mins max.  Then he flips his shit until I give in and let him sleep next to me where he then sucks himself to my bewbs for the remainder of the night. 
    You homered out of here so fast after the babiez were born, I didn't even know you had a Cameron! My Cameron is the opposite, though. Sometimes I try to bed share in the mornings and he is like OMG I hate you, and this bed, and my lyfe. He just lays there and screams and kicks me. #nocuddlesforyoumahm

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    wedding06 said:

My LO rolls back to belly all of the time but I have only seen her roll belly to back *maybe* 3x. She always goes down on her back but she rolls to her side or belly most of the time..i make sure her face is to the side.
  • Options
    We ditched it and LO started doing better because he can sleep in his side without it. We're no where near STTN like he used to pre 4mw, but ditching the MMSS wasn't bad.
    @ballygirl‌ my LO is still swaddled for naps. We get nice long ones swaddled and 30 min if not swaddled. We're comfortable continuing to use it until it no longer works.

DSC_0552-2  Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Perhaps I should have read this thread last night when I was freaking out about dd sleeping on her belly.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    slh6363slh6363 member
    My LO immediately rolls to his side or tummy when I put him down. It freaked me out at first and I would turn him back but Im trying to stop. He sleeps so much better like that
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers.
    image image image. image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"