April 2013 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday: low/high

Felt the need to post this today.

Low: I am bored.com.  Seriously, going out of my mind today.  I have worked my ass off all week (and weekend, frankly -- rockin' Saturday night of catching up on work), and now my boss is on vacation and I am meetingless and just want to play... we have a team bonding off-site from 1-5 this afternoon at a bowling alley, and I want to skip it so badly and go home and veg out.  Or even keep working - but my hips feel like they are splitting, and the idea of bowling is not a good one right now.  Or bonding.

High: On the upside, once I get home, the deck builder is coming out to take measurements and start the design process, so that's super exciting!  Tomorrow is a busy work day, but then Friday I'm working from home and the cleaners are coming . Holla.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: WTF Wednesday: low/high

• Options
    Mommy2BEL said:
    LOW: I just ordered Tallulah's Build - a - Trike and for some reason the transactions were being denied because of an incorrect billing address - the address ended up not being wrong.  It was a glitch in their system and they just charged me for 5 trikes (all of the failed attempts - ended up actually going through).  The money came out of the account but the Radio Flyer Associate says the money will go back into the account in 5 days.  WTF 5 days?  I am so annoyed.

HIGH: We are celebrating mothers day this weekend...I get to relax and spend time with my H and Tallulah.  Usually, we are so busy on weekends but this weekend we are taking time to just hang out and spend time together.  I cannot wait!
    Doesn't that suck?  Takes 5 seconds to TAKE the money and forever to give it back.  It has something to do with getting AmEx (or whatever card you used) to reverse the charges, or if you used a check / cash, getting the Federal Reserve to reverse things.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Mommy2BEL said:
    JSS1002 said:
    Mommy2BEL said:
    LOW: I just ordered Tallulah's Build - a - Trike and for some reason the transactions were being denied because of an incorrect billing address - the address ended up not being wrong.  It was a glitch in their system and they just charged me for 5 trikes (all of the failed attempts - ended up actually going through).  The money came out of the account but the Radio Flyer Associate says the money will go back into the account in 5 days.  WTF 5 days?  I am so annoyed.

HIGH: We are celebrating mothers day this weekend...I get to relax and spend time with my H and Tallulah.  Usually, we are so busy on weekends but this weekend we are taking time to just hang out and spend time together.  I cannot wait!
    Doesn't that suck?  Takes 5 seconds to TAKE the money and forever to give it back.  It has something to do with getting AmEx (or whatever card you used) to reverse the charges, or if you used a check / cash, getting the Federal Reserve to reverse things.
    @jss1002  do you think I should contact my bank?  I only got 1 email confirmation for the order so I assume the rest are just crap?!
    It can't hurt!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Erin10408 said:

I'll play too

Low: My 24 year old sister has lived with us since November. Rent/utility free so she could get her shit together. She has serious financial/debt issues, and is refusing to finish school. I love her, but she is an entitled brat. Anyway...May 1st was her deadline to move out. She found an apartment, and started moving over the weekend. I came home from work yesterday to find all of her stuff gone, and her keys just sitting on the counter. No thank you. No good-bye. No nothing. She has showed ZERO appreciation to my husband and I and has never said thank you to us for letting her live here. My feelings are really hurt.

High: My husband just called and said he's taking me out to dinner tonight because he feels so bad about how my sister treated me. What a guy :)

Bratty sister. Good husby.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    High: I think I am going to Fairytale Land with Connor sometime this week, since the Sac Zoo is across the way, I might stop by over there.

Low: Today he acts like he doesn't know what he wants and whines about it.

• Options
    Low: I think my washing machine is broken.

High: both boys don't cry at gym daycare drop off anymore!

DS1 4.4.11. &  DS2 4.18.13
  • Options
    AisakAisak member
    edited April 2014

Low: I think my washing machine is broken.

Gah. Ours too! It keeps pausing mid cycle. I had to go out and buy diapers today (we cloth diaper). Of course it's the week i'mback to work, and DH has been busy every night with work (there was a house fire in town and they found a body) aaaaaand E puked all over the bed last night.

Low: Esther had her (measles, etc) shots last night and woke up at 2 am with her first fever ever. She was so shaky and hot, and then puked all over herself, me and the bed. I've only been back to work for 2 days and had to call in!

High: I get to stay home with my kid today (who is feeling much better) and it is beautiful and warm out!

• Options
    Low: 2 staff quit w/o a two week notice this week (both shady twin sisters that cared more about their appearance than the children). While it's awesome that they're gone, it means a 50+ hour work week for me the next two weeks.

High: Overtime Pay

High: I THINK I feel cold sores coming on... which is normally a super low but the last two times I was pregnant I got them before a BFP. 

Low: I'm getting my hopes too high and will be sorely disappointed when AF arrives in two weeks.
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • Options
    @tondraluv, jealous of the tickets. @kate_c, huge double high,not tally jealous of you too
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • Options
    CanukMamCanukMam member
    edited May 2014
    Erin10408 said:

I'll play too

Low: My 24 year old sister has lived with us since November. Rent/utility free so she could get her shit together. She has serious financial/debt issues, and is refusing to finish school. I love her, but she is an entitled brat. Anyway...May 1st was her deadline to move out. She found an apartment, and started moving over the weekend. I came home from work yesterday to find all of her stuff gone, and her keys just sitting on the counter. No thank you. No good-bye. No nothing. She has showed ZERO appreciation to my husband and I and has never said thank you to us for letting her live here. My feelings are really hurt.

High: My husband just called and said he's taking me out to dinner tonight because he feels so bad about how my sister treated me. What a guy :)

My sisters moved to my province and stayed with us for months without giving us a dime. They moved out into an apartment and never so much as invited me over. Called them to get together and share the happy news of my pregnancy only to find that they had moved back to their home province without so much as a phone call. I totally feel your pain, I have just accepted that they will never change and set my expectations super low when dealing with them. It helps but I still find it sad...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Kate_CKate_C member
    @mrandmrsk91011‌ - glad you had a good time at your conference! Sorry your H is being a butt. Enjoy your vino and baby snuggles!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"