December 2014 Moms

Thankfully home from the ER (happy ending)

For the last few days I've had really bad morning sickness and I actually lost four of the nine pounds I put on the first few weeks. I'm sure was mostly water but was still pretty disconcerting. I was feeling generally sore and shitty until yesterday when I took a nap and woke up in a crazy amount of pain and I could not stop throwing up (5 times in the parking lot of the hospital before I could even get to the door). I was flat out terrified that I had an ectopic or some other horrible thing that I was shaking. They took my blood, gave me an IV for fluids and drugs and then three different nurses used a doppler trying to find the baby's heart beat.

The first nurse came in and scared the shit out of me. She couldn't find the heart beat and kept muttering "usually this is so easy." I asked her if it was too early and she said "the heart starts beating at 6 weeks" very dismissively. She got frustrated and left me with the worst feeling. Thank goodness the other two nurses who tried told me that their doppler rarely ever works before 12 weeks and not to be scared. No one should let that first nurse near pregnant patients ever again.

I was eventually taken to get an u/s and which was also crazy nerve-wracking. They are not allowed to tell you or show you anything and my u/s tech had the most amazing pocker face. Not the way I wanted to have my first u/s >_<

Finally, after five/six hours of being poked, prodded and wheeled around, I found out that I have a slightly twisted ovary. I can't imagine the pain of a fully twisted one. It was already 12AM so I stayed at the hospital in outpatient surgery until my laparoscopy at 6AM. Was a looong night.

But! I found out that my baby is perfectly healthy! They did find a placental hemotoma but they told me it would probably heal itself but should still be watched. Has anyone else had this? The doctors didn't seem too worried but I will always be worried. And naturally I'm already worried that all those drugs and the surgery will cause a problem for baby. I can't turn it off! But oh man, am I glad this is all over.

Sorry this was rambling, I'm still feeling pretty sore and loopy. I'm just so glad to be home and able to eat again!

In memory of the baby Hufflepuff and all the angel babies of D14 <3
imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Thankfully home from the ER (happy ending)

• what a night!!!! I'm so glad you're better though!
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Jeeeeeeeeez. I don't know what to say except congrats that in the end it was good news.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm glad that both you and the baby are ok!  What an experiance! 
    BFP #1 - Twin B lost at 5w
    Bryce Addison  I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living my baby you'll be.
    Our baby boy was born sleeping on 9.17.10. He was 19w1d.
    BFP #2 - Twin B lost at 4w
    Twin A
    BFP #3 - Lost at 5w
    BFP #4 - Lost at 4w
    BFP #5

• Wow.  What a crazy night.  Congrats on a healthy baby and I hope you feel better soon!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• ColeyCannoliColeyCannoli member
    edited April 2014
    Thank you all! I'm hoping the next seven months will be a bit less insane.
    imageimage

• So glad you are ok! What a horrible experience! And that first nurse sounds terrible. It sounds like she was taking it personally, and didn't even think about how terrified her words would make you. I'm assuming that the surgery you had fixed the twisting problem? That's so amazing that they can do that...
    Baby GIRL born 12/11/14!!
    MC @ 8 wks 7/6/13 - ectopic @ 6 wks 12/28/13

In loving memory of sweet baby HP, and all our angel babies. Forever in our hearts.image 

• Ug, you poor thing. So glad you had a good end result, but otherwise no advice on the hematoma. Vibes that the rest of your pregnancy is anticlimactic
    ~~leenieb123

Pregnancy Ticker
  • megbmeg said:
    So glad you are ok! What a horrible experience! And that first nurse sounds terrible. It sounds like she was taking it personally, and didn't even think about how terrified her words would make you. I'm assuming that the surgery you had fixed the twisting problem? That's so amazing that they can do that...
    My DH wanted to report her cause I was near tears until the other nurses came in and comforted me. The other two were mothers but I would think even a non-mother RN should know how her equipment works, ugh. 
    And yes! All they did was make a small incision near my pubic area, when inside and twisted it back into place. Took no time at all. No idea how it got twisted to start with and there's a chance it'll happen again but at least if it does, I'll know what it feels like and I won't panic so terribly.
    imageimage

• Whoa! What a long night! So glad everything is ok!! Praying for quick healing!

DS1: 12/17/2014
    DS2: born sleeping at 26 weeks on 8/8/2016 due to chromosomal deletion
    Pregnant with baby 3 -  EDD 9/14/2017

• Glad everything is ok !
    T: 10/04/06 L: 4/22/09 Baby: EDD: 1/30/14 MMC & D&C: 7/3/13
    Baby 2: EDD: 8/06/14 CP: 11/13

BabyFetus Ticker

• Wow, I'm so sorry you had such a hectic and stressful night. But bow wonderful that everything is going alright with your baby!! Congratulations on receiving good news in the end.
    May Siggy Challenge = Linda Belcher!! Hands down, my favorite TV mom!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • What a crazy night!  Glad it ended with good news though and you got to see your baby! FX that your placental hemotoma heals itself and you're pregnancy is smooth sailing from here on out! 
  • happy to hear all is well! :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

• That is quite the experience.  SO glad to hear you and baby are doing well. 

• S glad you're feeling better! I had a twisted ovary and a cyst inside of it measuring the size of a baseball, so I know how much it hurts!

BFP #1 5/17/12 EDD 1/26/13 no hb @ 8w6d natural mc 11w6d 7/13/12 
             BFP #2 1/1/13 EDD 9/11/13 Isabelle Diane born on 9/17/13 7lbs 1oz 20in.
    BFP #3 4/3/2014 EDD 12/10/14 William David born on 12/8/14 7 lbs 10 oz 20in.
  • OMG crazy night!  Glad to hear everything is ok now. 

my read shelf:
    Heidi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker

• oh my gosh - i'm so glad to hear you're ok!  that nurse was a bitch btw.

BFP 7/16/13, EDD 3/27/14 - blighted ovum  - D&C 8/26/13
    Dx PCOS and Septate Uterus
    Septum Resection - 2/6/14
    brand new cuterus
    March 2014:   first medicated cycle + iui
    = BFP!
    Baby Drgn born December 3, 2014

• Glad that you're feeling better and the baby is doing well!
  • So sorry for all you've been going through, but so glad you and baby are okay!
  • Happy to hear your baby is fine! I hope you start feeling better!
    It's a GIRL!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yikes!!! Very happy to hear you and baby are doing well!

BFP1- 2/21/2013- L was born 10/25/2013!
    BFP2- 4/18/2014- F was born 12/29/2014! 

• Oh, my!  Thank God you and baby are ok!  So sorry you had to experience that, but healthy baby = happy ending for sure!  ((HUGS))
  • Holy cow! What a crazy night. I'm so happy that the baby is healthy, but I'm so sorry you have been in so much pain. Rest up!
  • Yikes! I'm glad you and baby are fine! Sorry the first nurse was a dink!
    D14 June Siggy Challenge - Favorite TV/Movie Dad: Gomez Addams

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"