December 2014 Moms

Optional Testing

Alright, I'm a planner, Type A personality. So I like doing tons of research, reading, and obtaining any knowledge I can about everything. So let's talk about the lovely optional screenings that are offered! I'm specifically talking right now about the First trimester prenatal screening and ultrasound exam aka "combined screen," "sequential screen," and/or "Nuchal Translucency".  

So let's talk about it! If you've done it before pros and cons. If you've already decided, why or why not? For us, since it's optional, that means we have to pay separately and insurance does not cover it, although it does go towards our deductible. I'd love to have a conversation about this with others who may be going through the same decision. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 image   image 

Re: Optional Testing

• I know there was another post about this exact thing a few days back. Try checking for it.
  • Not doing any testing. We didn't with DS either. I'm also a type A planner, however I want to just enjoy my pregnancy.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • LeviJeansLeviJeans member
    edited April 2014
    I know there was another post about this exact thing a few days back. Try checking for it.
    I've looked for it, but do not see it. Link?

ETA: I searched for "Test," "testing," "screen," and "screening" and nothing came up. Maybe I'm missing an important buzz word
     image   image 
  • I am going to be doing the genetic screens.  I would want to be prepared if there were issues.

• I am opting for all tests because of my age. I will not continue a pregnancy that will cause my child suffering or guarantees death. Some things, I will be fine with - Downs, Spina Bifida, etc. But there are some things I will not put my family through.
  • Its titled optional pregnancy screening tests. Idk how to share it but it was posted April 23rd . it's the 7th page back ony smartphone. Hope you can find it.
  • I will get any testing I can. I want to be prepared, also it could change the hospital we deliver at if there are any problems.
    T: 10/04/06 L: 4/22/09 Baby: EDD: 1/30/14 MMC & D&C: 7/3/13
    Baby 2: EDD: 8/06/14 CP: 11/13

BabyFetus Ticker

• There was a poll regarding this… you might find the poll and discussions helpful.

{May Siggy Challenge}
    Favorite TV mom: Janelle's Mom

BabyFruit Ticker
    Flor Maria
  • Not doing it. Too many false positives and I don't want the added stress. I also figure if anything is really wrong they will find it when they get all the measurements around 20wks.
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • We are only doing the covered tests. We are low risk (both 28, no known family occurrence, and we have a dd). My insurance covers the downs and spina bifida screenings, and they are fairly non invasive, so I will do them. We just like knowing ahead of time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  BabyFruit Ticker
  • I would do them if they were offered locally. They just don't do them here, for anyone...if you have a known genetic history of these things, doctors here will refer you to a larger city.
    Jimmie, mama to Zoey (March 2011)
    Losses 5/13, 8/13, and 3/14. 
    Expecting another GIRL! Carter Grace due on 12/25.

• We are doing them. I did them in my last pregnancy as well- my insurance does cover it. I want to know what cards we are being dealt so we can be prepared.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary

TTC since 2008
    Dh:34, no issues.  Me:31, Endo, slightly hypothyroid, deformed ovary, paracentric inversion.
    4 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone +TI cycles= all BFN
    Lap in 2012 to remove large unresolving cyst discovered endo and double lobed ovary.
     6 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone IUI cycles= All BFN,
    1st IVF w/ICSI- June '13 Antagonist: Gonal-F, Menopur, Ganirelix, HcG, Estradiol, Crinone= 7 retrieved, 4 mature, 1 unfertilized, 2 abnormally fertilized, 1 normally fertilized.  2DT of only embryo and our miracle BFP.
    Our beloved baby boy was born sleeping Oct. 13, 2013 due to pROM/IC/Uterine infection.
    2nd IVF w/ICSI- Feb. '14 EPP/lupron/antagonist: Estrace, lupron, HGH, Gonal-F, Menopur, HcG, PIO, lovenox, doxy/dex.=21 retrieved, 16 mature, 15 fertilized!!  5dt of 1 blast/ 6 frozen. BFP!  Beta 1 9dp5dt:83.9  Beta 2: 11dp5dt: 145.2  Beta 3  14dp5dt: 497  Please be our sticky rainbow baby!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"