July 2013 Moms
Options

OB Appt Update

I posted a few weeks ago about making a preconception appt with my OB based on my previous loss and IUGR with P.  I had that appt today and I must say that I'm feeling really optimistic about the future and so glad that I went!

We went through all of my u/s, bloodwork, etc from my last pregnancy and ultimately my OB thinks that Lovenox is optional for me.  I was tested for a range of issues based on my Raynaud's Syndrome and I don't seem to have any other autoimmune things going on, and I don't have a clotting disorder.  Basically the plan for next time is just careful monitoring and frequent u/s to check growth.  If growth becomes an issue, I will start Lovenox then.  I am starting baby Aspirin now and will continue with that throughout any future pregnancies.

I also discussed my dissatisfaction with the MFM I saw.  It turns out that I'm not the only one who had issues with his "personality".  Obviously she couldn't go into detail, but  she did assure me that I wasn't alone.  She said we could definitely move forward with a different MFM and she actually wants me to see them prior to TFAS so I'm waiting to hear back as to when that appt is scheduled.  

So the TL;DR version: I'm starting baby Aspirin, seeing a new MFM, and my OB is wonderful!  Carry on :)

Thanks to those of you who offered support and advice to make this appt.  You all made me feel less whack-o lol

Re: OB Appt Update

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"