April 2014 Moms
Options

Wiggly Eater-Help

When DD is at my breast she does a whole lot of wiggling and pulling back. She will then unlatch and cry because she's still hungry. My nipples were on FIRE from the constant latch/unlatch. Out of frustration I took a break. She got two formula bottles and I pumped for the rest of the feedings for 24 hours. I was so frustrated and bearing myself up.

I was wondering is she not getting any at the breast after the first calm moments? Doubtful because I could still squeeze my own milk (however when pumping I only get about 1.5-2 ounces total)

Overactive letdown? Possibly. She drinks quickly right away. But this isn't when she's pulling back. It's after the chug session.

Gas? Also maybe. I think the one day this started we created a foremilk/hind milk issue because her poop turned green and she was fussy and gassy and had sleeping problems that day/night. When I gave her bottles that day her poop returned to yellow and she was happier.

BF great overnight. Perfect. Ok this morning. Now back to wiggiliest baby on the block and she's pissed. What gives??
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Wiggly Eater-Help

• Options
    My guy does this too, but he doesn't have any poo issues. When he is like this I try burping & putting back to the boob. If he is still wiggling I make a diaper change to see if that helps. He isn't always wiggly & rearing back, so no answer as to why they do this sometimes. When he is like this & finally latches on he sucks like there is never gonna be another feeding again! Curious what others have to say!
  • Options
    That's a tough one. Do you have a lactation consultant nearby? I wish I could offer some suggestions, but I haven't had any troubles with feeding, so I'm not really sure what to recommend. What is her position like? If her belly is not against your body, she might be struggling with her neck being too twisted, which would make her let go. I hope you get some answers so you can continue breastfeeding.

Lilypie - (tQ1Y)

Lilypie - (Rgc4)

Daisypath - (bXqd)

Natural miscarriage @ 8 weeks - 3/8/2005
    Big Brother "Skippy" born - 2/28/2007
    Missed miscarriage - (EDD 3/5/2013) - D&E @ 11 weeks - 8/8/2012
    "Hen" (EDD 6/7/2013) - born sleeping @ 19 weeks - 1/15/2013
    "G-Unit" born - 4/14/2014 and he's 100% perfection!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was just reading that wiggling like that during nursing is a lot of the times caused by needing to burp.
  • Options
    I do have lactation and I think I will make an appt for tmrw. Just hard because I hve three kids and wow it's busy. Her position and latch seems to be perfect. Against my belly. All that jazz.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    lcr23lcr23 member
    My little girl does the same thing. It usually means that she has gas. I'll also switch positions as well.
  • Options
    I could have written this myself! My daughter has been doing the same thing andI think it's gas that causes it. She was flipping out last night so I put her on her tummy to burp and she calmed down. This is my recent hypothesis but I hope it works for you!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

TTC since July 2011

BFP # 1: m/c at 7wks (EDD May 2012) 

BFP #2: c/p in Nov. 2012 

BFP #3: July 24th, 2013 (EDD April 4th, 2014)

*PgAL / PAL Always Welcome*

My Ovulation Chart

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    My guy had this issue so I went to the LC & now we use a nipple shield. He was such a fighter.
    Perfect latch/session every.single.time!
    NTNP 11/2011 CP 11/29/12 BFP 8/6/13 EDD 4/16/14 ♥ 
    Logan Timothy - Born 4/5/14 @ 38w3d, 7lbs14.8oz, 20½in.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Mine has been fighting when I use the cross cradle position (which I like to use!) so trying to use regular cradle more (but I feel like its harder to get a good latch). I think he doesn't like me "controlling" his neck/head...

~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"