Stay at Home Moms

Toddler parenting book recs?

Moms who have survived/are in the throes of toddlerhood: any resources out there that you found particularly helpful regarding this stage? TIA!

Re: Toddler parenting book recs?

• I was going to recommend "Parenting With Love and Logic" as well, they have a book for younger children.
  • https://www.janetlansbury.com/

I don't follow RIE practices all the time, but the acknowledging feelings and "sportscasting" techniques have worked wonders.
  • Loading the player...
  • I like "The Preschool Years" by Ellen Galinsky.  I think a lot of it applies to younger children as well.  It gives a lot of perspective on how kids think and advice on practical day to day stuff.  She also doesn't have a one style fits all approach (I think she lists 17 different forms of discipline, none of which are spanking).

It's one of few parenting books I have read where I believe that the author has a) researched child development, and b) actually parented young children. 
  • I second "Parenting with love and logic"! It has worked wonders.
  • I just bought parenting with love and logic and how to talk so kids will listen...

I feel like I need some fresh perspective on our issues together sometimes. This toddler stuff is hard. Sometimes he's amazing and then other times.... Terrible.
    Elkanah Brave, born 02/06/2012 7:26am
  • Toddler Tactics by Pinky McKay is supposed to be pretty good.
  • JCMJCM member
    edited April 2014
    I also really like Love and Logic books.  The one for birth to 6 is called Love and Logic Magic for Early Childhood.    Some of the things in the book seem a bit harsh but they really do work.  DD's pre-school even hosted a seminar with the author of the books.  It was eye opening.

Edit: When I said Harsh I don't mean physically.  There is no physical punishment in the book.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I need to check out these books.  It's so hard sometimes.  I am finding 3 is much worse than 2!  Lord help me!  DD acts so much better with everyone else but me
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Not a book but I like ahaparenting.com a lot. They have different sections for each age group.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you, ladies!! Looks like I've got some reading to do! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"