September 2014 Moms

~*Plus Size Check-In*~

Hey there pretty mama's!

How has everyone been feeling? Are you guys feeling baby yet? How about your SO's...have they felt baby kicking yet?

I want to do a diet and exercise check in today. Have you been able to keep up on an exercise routine? What's working for you? How about diet? Are cravings getting in the way, or helping with healthy eating?

Have a great rest of the week!
{Me:27, Dx:PCOS, LPD, & rob(14;15)}
{DH:31 all clear, "super sperm"}
Ecstatically married July 30, 2011--TTC since Jan 2013:::Baby #1 due 9/11, Conceived on cycle #5 of Femara + Hcg + IUI
~Love and Light to everyone~ 
image image
My furbabies--Mr. Bubbles and Miss Kitty <3
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

image image

Re: ~*Plus Size Check-In*~

• Not a lot of intentional exercise happening here, but I'm pretty active by virtue of work and mothering a 13 month old who is on the move!  I've still only gained a couple of lbs, which I'm quite happy about (scale hopped this morning).  Feeling good, just EXHAUSTED.  

Lots of movement this week!!!  It's like she suddenly got big enough to be on the move all the time.  no movement on the outside yet, just in my tummy. :-)  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I have moved on from flutters to full scale inside assaults this week. DH still hasn't got to feel it but is endlessly entertained by the fact that he can feel my pulse stronger in my tummy than on my wrist. 

I have been ordered to not diet (I wasn't dieting! I swear just no appetite and continued morning sickness) because I was continuing to lose (I'm still losing I think..) and despite the fact that I've got more to love my Doctors are nearly convinced I've developed an eating disorder (He even had a nurse call me later to ask if I was too embarrassed to talk about my problem with weight in front of the doctor and assure that I start eating more). I ate egg in the hole toast, a piece of turtle cheese cake, and chased it with a class of chocolate milk when I got off work this morning. I figure I'm going to continue to eat stupid food (it all tastes good, but I'm not really craving it.. I'd rather have fresh fruit and a whole lot of healthy stuff I swear normal pregnant women don't crave) until my next appointment (2 weeks away) and hope I've stopped losing.  I just want to prove I'm not starving myself. I'm also thinking about walking into the appointment with an ice cream cone. 

On the plus side this weather is keeping me outside and on my feet, which I know is better than sitting around all the time. I even helped my husband plant things.. and I don't do gardening. He was proud.
  • Loading the player...
  • @MermaidsMagic I believe in you! Also I saw your post in HDBD today and you look amazing. 

(Sorry if this is too cheerleader.)
  • @MermaidsMagic I believe in you! Also I saw your post in HDBD today and you look amazing. 

(Sorry if this is too cheerleader.)

Thank you!  

I look smaller this time but I'm like 15 pounds heavier, so I'm confused. But, I have been drinking a lot of soda the last few weeks. I feel like I look slimmer? Idk. Bodies are weird.

Dude, I'm evidently secretly anorexic but my pre-pregnancy pants are a joke that I packed up weeks ago. It's like all of my body is slowly being sucked into my belly. Bodies are weird as hell.
  • krystynad said:
    @RedBaramid‌ I lost a total of 80lbs when my daughter was born, from the day I found out I was pregnant until I left the hospital. I ate doughnuts and mcdonalds the whole time, some women just loose weight instead of gain. As long as you're healthy and baby is healthy then you should be fine ;) I'm just starting to feel flutters regularly but I'm only 18w 3d. As far as diet and exercise, I am eating healthy because I'm craving salads and fruit and I am walking at least 3 miles a day on top of chasing dd1&2 who are both under two. I am still loosing weight just not as fast. My guilty pleasure is butterfingers I can't stop eating them! Hope you all are doing well!
    I can't say I am LOSING weight right now, but both with the last pregnancy and this one, it has been much easier for me to manage my weight -- something about pregnancy revs my metabolism or something.  Or maybe it is that I'm not funneling wine and beer down my hole three times a week.  Ha.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Hi ladies!!!

I love all the movement I am feeling. It's so amazing :) I have an anterior placenta and it's making it difficult to feel from the outside. I have only felt it twice from the outside and DH hasn't felt it yet. He is getting so frustrated. He tried every night and it's a no-go :( my baby boy needs to get with the program!

I have been slacking more and more with the exercises. I was walking every day but now it's may 2-3 times a week. I have been ok with eating but my biggest craving is fresh pineapple so that has helped a little. Carbs are my weakness. Well, that and chocolate lol I am still down a pound from the day I found out I was pregnant so I can't be doing too bad considering I will be 23 weeks on Friday.
    Me - 26 - Suspected PCOS
    DH - 28 - Slightly low T and low morphology

Jan 2011 - Stop BCP
    Jan/Feb 2013 - Normal hormone panel/HSG - tubes clear
    April 2013 - DH's bloodwork and SA - low T and 0% morphology - Start DH on Clomid and vitamin regimen 
    May 2013 - start metformin for PCOS but ended up stopping in July 2013 due to elevated liver function
    Sept 2013 - first RE appointment/follow-up SA shows 2% morph!!
    October 2013 - IUI #1 - 50mg Clomid CD4-8, 100mg Clomid CD12-16, Ovidrel - BFN
    November 2013 - IUI #2 - 5mg Femara CD4-8, Ovidrel - Chemical pregnancy :'(
    December 2013 - IUI #3 - 5mg Femara CD3-7, Ovidrel - BFP!!!!!!! Beta 1: 157, Beta 2: 636 (doubling time 35.67 hours)
    January 14, 2014 - Viability ultrasound - Measuring 7w4d with a beautiful heart beat of 146bpm!!!
    February 17, 2014 - NT scan - Everything looks perfect! Heartbeat of 162bpm!
    April 3, 2014 - AS scan - Still looks perfect! Heartbeat of 135bpm :) It's a BOY!!!
  • I started feeling her about two weeks ago, but nothing consistent. Some days she'll go crazy and others, I may just feel one or two movements the whole day. It's still not hard enough for DH to feel yet.

I've been doing pretty well with getting walks in. At my appt yesterday, I asked the OB if I could ride my bike. She didn't want to out and tell me that it was okay as there is concern of falling on your belly, but she did say she did it when she was pregnant. So that was enough for me. As long as I'm not too big and still feeling balanced, I'm going to try and get out and bike ride.

Diet, on the other hand, is another thing entirely. First tri I lost 15 lbs because I didn't have an sort of appetite. Now I want to eat everything in sight and crave the most unhealthy things. I gained 4 lbs in the last three weeks. The OB didn't say anything about it, but I'm not happy with that rapid of a gain.

• Hello girls!

I've been feeling flutters for a few weeks now, they are getting stronger. But nothing H can feel. He's getting mad... And pokes our little girl to "piss her off and kick him". We just got our anatomy scan, so weird saying girl!

I've been going to prenatal yoga Friday nights. I love it. I need a DVD to do on my own. I feel old and feeble without it! And now it's warmer the dog and I are doing more walks. I'm eating better. My new craving is strawberries. All the strawberries!!! I've been starving but still down 5 lbs.
    Eliza Mae - September 16th, 2014
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Hey everyone...

Feeling pretty good.  Terrible hip pain at night but I think its just my crappy mattress.

My diet has been good.  Because of the gestational diabetes I have had to really be tight on my diet.  Im eating 3 small meals with snacks inbetween and at bed time.  My sugars have been pretty good, and Ive lost 10 or so lbs.  I dont have my 20 week check up till next week, but I expect to have gained a few then.  I still sort of feel more fat then pregnant but Ive gotten some compliments so thats always nice.

Exercise has pretty much been non existent, I gotta get on that more!

Im so confused on the whole baby movement thing.  Im a FTM and Ive had what I would describe almost as twitching type feelings, or sorta flutters in a few spots the last week or so, but only here and there.  Im thinking thats the baby? 

For sure nothing on the outside yet.
    DH and I Married 11.12.10
    First BPP 1.24.14
    EDD 9.26.14

Baby Cooper John born on 9.24.14 6lbs9oz

• @mrsH1112, that's exactly what baby's movement feels like to me, too. I'm a FTM as well, and wasn't sure if it's really the baby. Everyone I know who has been pregnant before reassures me those movements are baby. :)

• Hey ladies! 
    I feel like life (and my eating habits) are finally returning to normal now that tax season and Easter are over.  I still need to step up the exercise, but I'm absolutely logging more steps per day than I was when I was working non stop. I wanna kiss my fitbit on the face. 

Flutters have graduated to full on pokes, which is cool. I was shocked when I had my hand on my belly and I felt it from the outside this weekend. I'm also anterior placenta so I wasn't expecting that for another week or two.  It hasn't been consistent enough to get DH to feel yet, but it's still really cool. It also helps my PgAL brain calm down, which I deeply appreciate. 

I'm up about 18 lbs total, which is a bummer, but I'm very hopeful that that will slow to a crawl now that life is chilled out.
    Rainbow baby due in September!
    .image
    May Siggy Challenge - Favorite Onscreen Mom
    image  image
  • As far as movement, I'm still sadly in the "I'm not sure if I'm feeling it or not" camp.  The last few days I've been feeling little pops in my lower abdomen... could that be Bailey?  DH keeps trying to feel and I'm like "if i'm not feeling anything you sure as hell won't".  

I'm terrible. I haven't been watching what I eat or exercising.  I actually paid attention at my last appointment and I've only gained a few pounds so far.  DH and I are still contemplating a YMCA membership so I can go swimming... it's the only thing that sounds good.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My eating and exercising habits have been terrrible, but I can feel the baby move sometimes. Hubs can't yet but I'm hopeful it'll be soon!
  • I'm feeling pretty good this week.  I don't think I'm feeling the baby but people say that I'm probably just not recognizing the feelings as baby movement.  I'm eager to feel her regularly. 

My diet has been good but it's hard to turn away from carbs.  I swear I could eat a bagel with cream cheese every day.  I try my hardest to eat a balanced diet but I am still gaining weight.  I don't feel like I'm eating that different than before pregnancy when I was losing/maintaining my weight, so it's just weird to see the scale going up each week.  I share my eats on my blog if people want to see what I'm eating.

My workouts have been really good.  I'm still taking spin classes, swimming laps, using the treadmill/elliptical, and lifting weights.  Much like pre-pregnancy, working out isn't my problem, eating is.  I'm sure I"m just eating too many calories. 

Ashley
    Blogging at Coffee Cake and Cardio

• an02102an02102 member
    @JSS1002 I am the same way.  With pregnancy my metabolism is sky high, and I can't gain weight if I tried.  The baby movements are unreal.  With my first I had an anterior placenta so I did not feel much the entire pregnancy.  This time I feel him constantly.  I am incredibly active at work so I tend to not exercise much at home and my diet is whatever I feel like eating at the time, but I am only up 2lbs from prepregnancy so I call that a win.

• JSS1002JSS1002 member
    an02102 said:
    @JSS1002 I am the same way.  With pregnancy my metabolism is sky high, and I can't gain weight if I tried.  The baby movements are unreal.  With my first I had an anterior placenta so I did not feel much the entire pregnancy.  This time I feel him constantly.  I am incredibly active at work so I tend to not exercise much at home and my diet is whatever I feel like eating at the time, but I am only up 2lbs from prepregnancy so I call that a win.
    I had an anterior placenta last time too, and I can't BELIEVE how much more movement I'm feeling this time around.   So fun!  THis time it is posterior! :-)

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • How has everyone been feeling? Are you guys feeling baby yet? How about your SO's...have they felt baby kicking yet?

Feeling well except for being tired and nerve pain.  I feel some fluttering but no definitive kicking :-(

I want to do a diet and exercise check in today. Have you been able to keep up on an exercise routine? What's working for you? How about diet? Are cravings getting in the way, or helping with healthy eating?

I wanted to do some walking but the nerve pain is putting an end to that.  No real cravings.
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"