Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Having son's birthday party a month after his actual birthday?

I am getting married a week before my son's fourth birthday, and on his actual birthday, we will still be on honeymoon (he is coming with us) and we are going to do something special with him on his actual birthday, but it will only be the three of us. The day after he comes back, he goes to him grandmother's house (not my mum, we have 50/50 custody) for two weeks, and she is going to have a small family party over there (we live in different countries) for him, but none of my side of the family and Fi's family are going to be invited (we never are), so I'm inclined to have another party with all his friends and all of his family and future step-family invited, but not until he's back at mine, which is a full month after his actual birthday. This will also give FI and I's families time to come back over (we don't live in the same country as anyone we are related to). Does this see okay to you, or a bit over the top?
****Older Child Warning****
Me: 36 FI: 35 Met: August 1999, dated Sept - Dec '99 Reunited May 2008, Marrying June 2014
Diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer January 1996
One small cancerous cyst (left ovary) removed Jan '96, chemotherapy Jan - July '96
Three more cancerous cysts found July 1996 (left ovary), ovary removed July '96, chemotherapy July '96 - Feb '97
February 1997 given all clear!
Told of suspected infertility
Tove Ikarus born July 2010, given guardianship September 2010
April 2014 infertility confirmed
IVF with sister's eggs July 2014

(Hopeful) adoption of Tove July 2015
@LaireAndLia is my sister's partner, @DragonsLaire is my sister
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Having son's birthday party a month after his actual birthday?

• Options
    I think it is fine given the circumstances. I have known quite a few people that have waited to have a birthday party for various reasons and I have never batted an eye (their kids have a Christmas birthday, waited for a deployed parent to return, etc....).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @Regal Mama I'm on the TTC 35+, Infertility and Third Party Reproduction boards, all of which like you to have an warning if you mention your child in you signature.
    ****Older Child Warning****
    Me: 36 FI: 35 Met: August 1999, dated Sept - Dec '99 Reunited May 2008, Marrying June 2014
    Diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer January 1996
    One small cancerous cyst (left ovary) removed Jan '96, chemotherapy Jan - July '96
    Three more cancerous cysts found July 1996 (left ovary), ovary removed July '96, chemotherapy July '96 - Feb '97
    February 1997 given all clear!
    Told of suspected infertility
    Tove Ikarus born July 2010, given guardianship September 2010
    April 2014 infertility confirmed
    IVF with sister's eggs July 2014

(Hopeful) adoption of Tove July 2015
    @LaireAndLia is my sister's partner, @DragonsLaire is my sister
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think it's fine and so sad that someone would suggest not having a birthday party for their child every year.  I don't get how you don't live in the same country as anyone else though.  I wouldn't expect someone to travel more than an hour for a kid's birthday party.
  • Options
    We had my son's party a month after his birthday due to bad weather, sickness, life... It was just fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"