July 2014 Moms
Options

04/30 First World Problem Wednesday

Share the petty problems that have rocked your entire world today.

Re: 04/30 First World Problem Wednesday

• Options
    My husband is a nurse and switched to the 3pm-11:30pm shift and now we are on opposite schedules and I feel like I'll never get to see him wahhhhh

I'm going to the beach with my family this weekend and can't find a maternity swimsuit that I like in store anywhere!!! Belk only has one style to choose from and so does target!!! I want options! I want a one piece! Wahhh Wahhhhh Wahhhh
    image.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Our office manager made pineapple cupcakes and made me take one of them, but I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon and I know she's going to say something about my weight, and I really have been trying to eat better, so I don't want to eat it, cause then I would have to fess up.  But it smells delicious.  It's just sitting on my desk staring at me.

• Options
    Skeemer said:

I'm ordering an iPhone for DH today for an anniversary gift (6 years! Go us! :D ) & I need someone to be home to sign for it or else I have to drive 45 minutes away to the stupid FED EX plant thingy to sign for it.

Any other time I could order a live pig, a small child or a new car & they'd just leave it on my porch until I got home. *sigh* I want this iPhone delivered straight to me! IMMEDIATELY!

Congrats on 6years! Did you consider having it delivered to your work or where the location you are at today? What a pain! Sweet gift though, bet he'll love it.
  • Options
    Why does it take so long to ship something cross country? I know the nursery won't be finished for a good 2 weeks but I want my pom poms NOW!

OHH!!  where did you order your pom-poms?!  are those the ones that hang from the ceiling? did they have multiple colors?  i want to order some for LO's room, but i can't find ones that i like/are the right colors...

• Options
    c&n2009 said:

My Keurig isn't brewing the right size cup. I had to take the water off and flip it upside down and beat the crap out of the bottom of it. It is working great now though, but it puts me in a bad mood every time!

Have you descaled it lately? I always forget to do mine and I ruined my last one much too quickly :/ In fact, thanks for posting this because I should probably take care of it this weekend. I may make DH deal with it and use the pregnancy card so I don't have to smell the vinegar. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    TugboatSheilaTugboatSheila member
    edited April 2014
    @c&n2009 : our Keurig started doing the same thing. We descaled, we ran vinegar through, we didn't mistreat it and sadly it died a horrible death a few weeks ago. Now we just stick with our 5 cup brewer and my French Press. To us it's not worth replacing but it was fun while it lasted.

My FWP: I currently have 2 smart phones (my iPhone and a Moto G Android phone). We bought the droid and are going to sell the iPhone back to Amazon since it's still in good condition. I am finding it difficult to handle 2 smart phones. 

• Options
    I'm sitting in the lobby because the lab doesn't have a nice comfy room for the 3 hr test. Everyone smells awful, some lady just brought in doughnuts- fuck you lady. I won't get to eat for another 3 hours and I'm already hangry because I woke up at 7 am for no reason.

Oh, and my family, bless their hearts, are so overly concerned about me being home alone when the delivery guys come today to drop off our new fridge/washer/dryer that they are sending over my cousin-in-law and his wife to hang out, just in case- you know- someone tries to abduct the pregnant lady. All I want to do is go home and lay down because I feel like crap. Wah wah, I know- such First World Problems today.
  • Options

My husband is a nurse and switched to the 3pm-11:30pm shift and now we are on opposite schedules and I feel like I'll never get to see him wahhhhh

I'm going to the beach with my family this weekend and can't find a maternity swimsuit that I like in store anywhere!!! Belk only has one style to choose from and so does target!!! I want options! I want a one piece! Wahhh Wahhhhh Wahhhh
    Swimoutlet.com !!!

• Options
    AthenanolenAthenanolen member
    edited April 2014

DH and I worked that way for three years, I was on the late shift, and we really got the chance to enjoy the small amount of time we spent together

Eta: first world problem: I work as a supervisor at a restaurant and forget to eat. Daily. I come home starving everyday and either have to buy crap on the way home or microwave crap at home! Blah
  • Options
    I live in a nice home in a nice neighborhood. But somebody decided to smack million dollar southern plantation size and styled homes in the middle of our neighborhood. So everyday as I pass by, I feel like I'm being teased or something.
  • Options
    jessa8907 said:

I can't decide what to get my mom and MIL for mother's day.

This is what I'm doing:

https://m.katespade.com/mom-said-so-idiom-bangle/WBRU7596,en_US,pd.html?dwvar_WBRU7596_color=711&cgid=ks-gifts

If they like jewelry, it's a cute idea.
  • Options
    jessa8907 said:

Flowers, pedi or spa gift card?
    One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
  • Options
    jessa8907 said:

Well crap. I forgot all about this. *sigh*

• Options
    My computer is being a dick.

DSC_0111DSC_0036

DS Born 4/7/2011
    DD Born 7/14/2014
  • Options
    honeybee434honeybee434 member
    edited April 2014
    My company had insurance open enrollment this month and they are switching our medical insurance provider effective May 1st. My deductible is going up a small amount and now I have to deal with making sure I'm covered for all of my Dr's, hospital, and birth on the new plan and I have no idea when I will actually get my new card, paperwork, etc in the mail. Not what I want deal with at 31 weeks pregnant. Plus side I should be eligible for a breat pump since I won't be on a "grandfathered" plan, but who knows what kind I will have covered so the difference may not even cover my deductible increase.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    lks18lks18 member
    I'm finally ready to bite the bullet and order a bunch of Ikea stuff for the babies, including cribs, and the cribs are out of stock.  It doesn't tell me this until I'm into the thick of checking out.  No mention on when they'll be in stock again.  I tried three times to call customer service and it always ends with my call dropped.  Even emailing them was a pain because it kept bouncing me back and forth between their online email submission form and a microsoft outlook email, with no way to send it.  C'mon Ikea, get your shit together.  Don't you guys WANT to sell me furniture?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    People in my office are lazy.

I'm the second one here in the morning and my boss's secretary walked by a live roach on its back twice and made comments about it and then just went back to her desk. Oh thats ok, I'll get up and deal with it. 

Our bookkeeper emailed me asking for a specific client's "outstanding balance" (I still don't understand why the bookkeeper doesn't draft the bills but whatever). She has access to the bills on the server just as easily as I do. I pull up the bill and give her the outstanding (this month's bill hasn't gone out yet). Then she responds and ask whether that is the current balance or just the past due. umm you asked me for outstanding so I gave you outstanding. Bleh.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I visited a daycare today and I love and adore it. It is $700 a month MORE than the one right near our house. And the price is more than our mortgage. It's going to be a hard sell to Mister.

My arthritis in my knees is acting up so badly I can barely walk. My left knee (the good one) snaps with almost every step and people at work hear me clicking and snapping as I hobble by.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    I live in a nice home in a nice neighborhood. But somebody decided to smack million dollar southern plantation size and styled homes in the middle of our neighborhood. So everyday as I pass by, I feel like I'm being teased or something.

@jensavicci

Tsk tsk. Dave Ramsey would NEVER approve of this. Putting too big of a house in comparrison with the current neighborhood is financially asking for it.

Sorry it's teasing you. My nerdy budget mind went into overdrive when I read that. :P

• Options
    jensaviccijensavicci member
    edited April 2014
    Skeemer said:

@jensavicci

Tsk tsk. Dave Ramsey would NEVER approve of this. Putting too big of a house in comparrison with the current neighborhood is financially asking for it.

Sorry it's teasing you. My nerdy budget mind went into overdrive when I read that. :P

----------------------------

Lol no worries. I'm kidding anyway. I love my house! But you should really see how odd it looks to have that kind fancy shmancy rich ppl house right next to a toe-up gas station, and super old apartments. It's like the beginning of gone with the wind meets the wiz. Lol
  • Options

@jensavicci

I know what you mean! I live in the country & we'll see on a random back road a bunch of pretty modest homes, the occassional not so nice meth lab home & then BAM! a palace. I'm always like, "Why?! There's so much nice property around here. Why did they want to build next to Deliverance?!"

• Options

@jensavicci

And on that note, when DH & I were dating he rented a nice brick house at the very end of a super rural road. You had to pass a junked up piece of crap place about a 1/2 mile before you got to his rental. He had invited my parents to dinner at his house so the three of us were driving over. On a whim I blurted to my dad, "Here we are." when we got to the junked up place. My dad's face was PRICELESS. He actually stuttered. Needleess to say he was super relieved when we kept driving to the nice little house DH had. :D

• Options
    jensaviccijensavicci member
    edited April 2014
    @Skeemer‌ Lol deliverance though! :)) haha you're such a prankster! I love it.
  • Options
    @futuremrsbrian it really does suck! We have had to deal with it a lot in the past. I just feel bad complaining about it because at least he has a full time job with benefits....ya know? 
    image.
  • Options
    kwh33ls said:

Swimoutlet.com !!!
    How fast is the delivery? I am leaving Friday
    image.
  • Options
    kwh33ls said:

Swimoutlet.com !!!
    How fast is the delivery? I am leaving Friday
    If you're willing to pay, you can get it by Thursday (if you order very soon today)...Friday'll cost you less. Good luck!

• Options
    @Nichole8787 yeah, I understand that. DH has been working part time for years while he finishes school. He's now done (but not actually graduated yet, that's a whole other kettle of fish), so he's going full time with his current job. Ideally I want him to find a job quickly in his field of study, but in the meantime, going full time means that his schedule is at least going to get more flexible and many of his shifts should be moving to daytime. So instead of 1 night a week with him home I might get 4-5! At least that's the plan...
  • Options
    I'm probably going to regret the delicious chicken and pasta caesar salad I had for lunch later. I have wanted salad so bad this pregnancy but it makes me sick. Here's to keeping it down..

ZBC 11/2012 & SNC 7/2014

bridemaids angry penis annie

• Options
    @futuremrsbrian That is so awesome congrats! It really is something a lot of people take for granted! I hope his schedule stays that way!
    image.
  • Options
    Why does it take so long to ship something cross country? I know the nursery won't be finished for a good 2 weeks but I want my pom poms NOW!

OHH!!  where did you order your pom-poms?!  are those the ones that hang from the ceiling? did they have multiple colors?  i want to order some for LO's room, but i can't find ones that i like/are the right colors...
    If you can't find the ones you like/right colors, you can always consider making your own.  They really aren't too difficult to make.  This is a rough tutorial:  https://www.marthastewart.com/265163/pom-poms-and-luminarias-how-to

I made some for a friend's baby shower recently, and although mine looked so much different than the tutorial (I didn't have wire, so I used twist ties, and I made mine pointy instead of round), they didn't turn out too bad!  Anyway, I just thought I'd throw out an alternative for you :)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"