August 2014 Moms
Options

Anyone stocking up on pads yet?

Third&goalThird&goal member
edited April 2014 in August 2014 Moms
I haven't yet but think I'm going to start watching grocery store sales and coupons for some deals. Oh the joys again of birth!
CafeMom Tickers

Pregnancy #3 after two prior losses in 2013

EDD 8/18 

Re: Anyone stocking up on pads yet?

• Options
    I have a supply from my mom who bought several boxes before her histerectomy last month. Someone told her she needed a lot, and she had minimal bleeding. I have various sizes stacked under my bathroom sink. Last time I had PP bleeding for almost 9 weeks so I went through a lot of those suckers and the cost adds up fast!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'm afraid of pads.  I can't remember the last time I used anything more than a pantyliner & I remember hating them so much.  I have no idea what the good ones are anymore so I'm delaying the inevitable. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I bought a ton of huge maxi pads before my 1st baby was born.  I only used half of them, and I wished I hadn't gotten the huge ones.  I didn't bleed as heavy or as long as I had expected.  This time I have one package of pads.  If I need more, I can always send DH out for them. 

son#1 born 6/2010

son#2 born 4/2012

son#3 born 7/2014

• Options

I have a supply from my mom who bought several boxes before her histerectomy last month. Someone told her she needed a lot, and she had minimal bleeding. I have various sizes stacked under my bathroom sink. Last time I had PP bleeding for almost 9 weeks so I went through a lot of those suckers and the cost adds up fast!

Yea last time I had the lovely 9 weeks of bleeding too. And way more than a panty liner was required.
    CafeMom Tickers

EDD 8/18 

• Options
    I bled for about 6 weeks last time. I just took a package from the hospital, and I didn't end up using the whole package.

• Options
    Girl... let me give you a tip now.

Post-partum bleeding, pads just don't cut it.

Get Depends.  Not even joking.  So much more coverage, WAY more absorbency, less worry about leaking onto your underwear, comfortable and stretchy on a postpartum or post c-section belly.  There's nothin' sexy about that first 2-3 weeks after birth anyway, so until that bleeding slows down, wear Depends.

Depends, Depends, Depends..... trust me you'll thank me for it

I

• Options
    I didn't require a whole lot of pads or anything. I had a lot of bleeding the day of (had to stay on potocin for several hours after) but then got by with about a weeks worth of pads for a medium flow day
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • Options
    I still have some ultra maxis from last time, I bought a big pack to hopefully prevent having to buy again. I kept them because there were some leftover and god knows I HATE pads except for PP bleeding (still hate, but seems a necessary evil).

I totally will try Depends this time though, based on a couple people's remarks on here before! anything to help...
  • Options
    I guess depends kills two birds with one stone. The other item on my stock up list was some cheap wide stretchy granny panties.
    CafeMom Tickers

EDD 8/18 

• Options
    Was just thinking about this. (And dreading it) I was considering picking some up at BJ's but wasn't sure if I will need that many. I hate pads and never wear them so other than this use I will not use them.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Our first.. Baby BOY! EDD 8/20/14 :) 
  • Options
    Whoa i totally forgot about postpartum bleeding. I think it lasted about 6 weeks last time and needed the super pads for like 3 weeks and then normal ones after that. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
    BFP#1 10/11/11 - DD born 6/6/12;   
    BFP#2  7/6/13 - Due 3/8/13, MMC at 12w  D&C on 8/31/13;    
    BFP #3  11/26/13 - Due 8/6/14
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    You girls are really thinking ahead. haha. Buying pads has not and would not have crossed my mind until the very end...if at all. :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Mirena removed 11/10/11. BFP 02/20/13 - MMC discovered 4/17/13 @ 11w4d. 
    BFP 12/14/13, EDD 8/21/14.It's a BOY! DS born 8/15/14.

• Options
    I also ended up with way too many pads last time.  I'll just buy them as I need them this time. 
    Books.  Blogs.  Battlestar Galactica.  

Tiny Man 05/31/2012  I Tinier Man 07/28/2014
  • Options
    Not yet. I will make sure to have at least a pack or two though.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options

I still have some disposables from my last pregnancy but I also just got a pack of PP mama cloth on earth day that I'm excited to try out this time around.

I've been looking into postpartum cloth as well. I really want to get some b/c I hated the pads last time and only the hospital ones were enough coverage. I bled heavily!!!

The expense of the cloth is soooo high and there is a very high chance this is our last child. When I gave my period, I use the diva cup. So I would only be using them for a few weeks.

Out of all the ones I looked into, so far I only like the ones by blueberry.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers daisypath PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Unexplained infertility HSG-clear, DH SA-Great 3 cycles Clomid TI with OB/GYN Switched to RE Jan2011 Feb2011 100mg Clomid + trigger + #1 IUI=BFN Mar. 12,2011 100mg Clomid + Estradiol + #2 IUI BFP 3/20/11, Beta #1 12dpiui 174, Beta #2 17dpiui 1660, Beta #3 21dpiui 6687 image
  • Options
    I didn't read through all the posts but I remember someone suggesting the Always Infinity pads before I had #1. They were great! Not bulky at all but do the job so they are my suggestion!

• Options
    missmiss307missmiss307 member
    edited April 2014
    Ugh. I don't want to think about this yet. Just let me enjoy not having a period for a while longer.

ETA: I have a child, and I know PP bleeding is not a period, nor is it like a period. Still don't want to think about it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

FTM here I didn't even THINK about pads.  I finally just bought one box of newborn diapers and the snot sucker thing and I was all "Go me!  I'm getting prepared!".  Clearly I have a long long way to go.

Ugh- I haven't worn a pad since I've been about 13.  I don't think any of them will fit in my underwear.  I guess I should stock up on granny panties too.  Sigh....

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I use Depends until it slows down.  They don't roll down when I slide up in bed to breastfeed.  It does vary a lot though.  I had much more bleeding for much longer the first time.  So I've still got some depends left over from over stocking before the second.  I'm not sure if the difference was the anterior placenta the first time or not.  I have an anterior placenta again this time, so I'm a little conflicted on how many to buy.
  • Options

I will probably start scoping out sales and coupons and buy a bit so I don't have to worry about it later.
    Yea the last thing I want to do is have to spend $30 on pads, there are way too many cute baby clothes out there I could spend that money on!

My hospital was super stingy with giving stuff out.  I got 1 extra pair of mesh undies (that I had to ask for) and maybe 3-4 extra pads. 
    CafeMom Tickers

EDD 8/18 

• Options
    Depends are definitely wonderful the first few days after you get home!!!!!

I wish the hospital had given me more of the ice pack pads.  I had DH ask Walgreens if they sold them and they said no.  I didn't look any farther than that. 

Depends really aren't as bad as they seem.  They're not as huge and bulky as they once were. 
    Married April 12
    DD June 13
    #2 EDD 8/8/14 - DS July 14
    2 Furry Kids - 
    Rosco: The most awesome pug ever.
    Pumpkin: The most non-catlike cat ever.  
  • Options
    Raclla said:

I wish the hospital had given me more of the ice pack pads.  I had DH ask Walgreens if they sold them and they said no.  I didn't look any farther than that. 

Somehow our hospital made the ice pack pads from diapers.  Where is the DIY Pinterest on that!  
    CafeMom Tickers

EDD 8/18 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"