December 2014 Moms

First u/s

First let me start with I may be a December mom. I may end up with a January baby. I believe I am 5 weeks today and I have my first prenatal visit in a week. This is my first baby and I have been looking on the boards and other sites but it seems like there is a lot of mixed information. I'm just wondering what to expect from my first visit. Can anyone help?

Ashleigh (26) and Darren (26)
Married 8-10-13
TTC since February 2014
BFP #1 4-22-14  EDD 1-1-15
8w u/s 5-22-14 Baby measuring 6w1d. Heartbeat detected
Went to Dr. 5-30-14 due to bleeding. Prescribed progesterone
Went to ER 6-1-14 2:30 AM - diagnosed with incomplete m/c
6-6-14 natural m/c completed
10-24-14 BFP #2 EDD 7-6-15 **Please** be our Rainbo

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
                                                                BabyFruit TickerBabyFetus Ticker
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: First u/s

• On my very first visit they just calculated my due date and took a health history and schedules my ultrasound for three weeks later. I think many women get a physical exam and a pap and stuff but I'm a year too young for a pap they said so I didn't have to have all of that. Then they sent me to the hospital for lots and lots of blood work and to pee in a cup. Im sure every office is different but the very first appt is probably the easiest of them all haha the hardest part for me was waiting for my u/s!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Thanks y'all that helps! I never thought to ask them but I will definitely call and ask!

Ashleigh (26) and Darren (26)
    Married 8-10-13
    TTC since February 2014
    BFP #1 4-22-14  EDD 1-1-15
    8w u/s 5-22-14 Baby measuring 6w1d. Heartbeat detected
    Went to Dr. 5-30-14 due to bleeding. Prescribed progesterone
    Went to ER 6-1-14 2:30 AM - diagnosed with incomplete m/c
    6-6-14 natural m/c completed
    10-24-14 BFP #2 EDD 7-6-15 **Please** be our Rainbo

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
                                                                    BabyFruit TickerBabyFetus Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • I haven't had my first appt yet, but they told me that I would meet with the nurse, get blood work and urine tests, history, then u/s with the doc. You could always call your provider and ask them what they do! Congrats and good luck!

DS1: 12/17/2014
    DS2: born sleeping at 26 weeks on 8/8/2016 due to chromosomal deletion
    Pregnant with baby 3 -  EDD 9/14/2017

• I just had my first appointment this morning. They did a regular routine exam, but no Pap - they only do them every 3 years now according to my doctor and I had one in 2012. Then they sent me for blood work - they took 5 vials of blood and I had to pee in 2 cups - and that was it. The only thing I didn't expect to happen was that my doctor is sending me for an dating ultrasound on Monday due my cycles being wacky. Other than that, I'll see them every 4 weeks. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @amr196 Huh to the bolded?  I started getting Paps at like, 16?

@CreechMommy every office is different.  Some places schedule you for a nurse intake appointment where they take family history, blood, talk to you about stuff and then schedule your next visit.  Some places schedule you at 7-8 weeks and will do all of that stuff but you will possibly have a physical exam and ultrasound with the doctor.  You could always call and ask them what to expect.  I'm sure they get that all the time.  Good luck at your appointment and welcome!

The office I go to for some reason doesn't do them on anyone under 21. Don't know why just part of their procedure I guess

Pregnancy Ticker

• ^^I would want to go to another office! That seems so late to start getting paps imo

• ^^I would want to go to another office! That seems so late to start getting paps imo

I actually just switched today! Haha I've been unhappy with that doctor for a while now so I put on my big girl panties and made the switch

Pregnancy Ticker

• Good for you!! I switched from my dentist of 10 years to a new one for the first time earlier this year...I felt so proud! :) First medical decision my mom didn't make for me!

• My doctor  had me do a blood pregnancy test as soon as I called in, then schedule my first visit for when I was ~6 weeks. We did a vaginal u/s to date the pregnancy then she talked with us for about an hour regarding medical history, testing, etc. She also sent me to a lab for more blood tests and a urine sample. She said that had I been due for a pap that they would have done one, but I had my last one less than a year ago, so it wasn't necessary. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"