Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Posting from TTGP

Hi everyone,

I have been posting on TTGP but thought this question might be more appropriate for this board.  I have a 14 month old whom I have been nursing.  I have not had a period PP except for a small light ne at around 4 months PP.  Now at 14 months post partum I had slight spotting for three days this past weekend.  Being taht we are TTC I took a pregnancy test which was negative (just in case it was implantation bleeding).  I can't get into my OBGYN until the end of May to check things out.  Just curious for the mothers of 1 year olds here who are breastfeeding or who fed for a long time, how was your first period post partum.  I am not sure if this spotting over the weekend was a period or whats going on.  Any thoughts would be very much appreciated!

Re: Posting from TTGP

• Options
    Mine came back at 12 weeks even though I was EBF. It came back extremely heavy & took about 5 months to go back to normal
  • Options
    kmc84kmc84 member
    I have always had a cycle every 2-3 months before getting pregnant, not normal, but normal for me. I stopped nursing completely at 13 months and I still have not gotten a pp period. We are doing IVF again shortly and my baseline labs and u/s show no signs of a cycle trying to start.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC# 1 since 5/10
    Me:34 Type 1 Diabetes, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Hypothyroid DH:35 Perfect
    DX: Unexplained IF
    Many IUI's with various meds all BFFN
    IVF #1 11/11 canceled due to OHSS
    IVF #2 Feb/March 2012 ET of 2 on day 3 4/7 BFP! 5/1 u/s blighted ovum
    IVF #3 July 2012 ET of 3 on day 3 7/24 BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w4d on 3/9/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2
    IVF #4 May/June 2014 ER 6/4 18R 8M 8F ET 6/9 1 blast, 2 frosties
    Beta 6/18 BFFN

FET of 2 blasts 7/24...BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w3d on 3/17/15

TTC#3
    IVF #5 June 2018- PGS planned, no surviving embryos
    IVF #6 August 2018- ET of 2 on day 3 - Chemical pregnancy
    IVF #7 August 2019-....?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    brachysirabrachysira member
    edited April 2014
    I think you sound normal.  People on my BMB are all over the place.  I EBFed until 9 months and was back to normal flow and a more regular schedule than before LO at around 3 months.  We got pregnant without trying at 11 months.  My high risk doctor says 18 months is optimal timing in terms of your body being ready.

I have a student who had her first period at 5 months and was very sick with heavy bleeding...so she had to miss class...
  • Options
    ss265ss265 member
    I BF for 10 months and got my first PP period at 8 months. Are you temping? There is a check in thread on TTGP (or at least there used to be one) for women TTC and temping while BFing. Temping opened up a whole new world for me - my cycles finally made sense and I was able to conceive on my first cycle where I temped.

• Options
    I EBF for 12 months.  First PP period was around 7 months.  I wasn't "regular" prior to being pregnant, so I started temping around 11 months PP to know what was going on with my body, when to expect my period, and help time when to start TFAS based on my midwife's recommendations.
  • Options
    mb314mb314 member
    I didn't get my period until about 16 months pp, and for me, there was no mistaking that it was a period.  It was a normal period, with cramps and all.  I frankly forgot how much periods suck!  I had a long first cycle (about 6 or 7 weeks). Unfortunately, breastfeeding can make periods weird for some time, so you could just have some spotting.  I personally found temping to be futile before my period returned, but I know some women do it. 

When did you get spotting and when did you take the HPT test?  I ask because when I got pregnant with my second in February, I did have implantation spotting as my first sign.  However, it took over 4 days after the spotting started for me to turn a pregnancy test positive. 

Lastly, how often are you breastfeeding?  I got my period about 6 to 8 weeks after I stopped pumping at work/feeding DS during the day on the weekends.  Have you night weaned?  For many women, night weaning helps to bring back the period sooner. 

Good luck! 

• Options
    DD is 22 months and no sign of AF yet.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    Still haven't had my first pp AF with this one, but when it returned with DD at 15.5 months it was similar to what you are describing, more like brown/pink spotting than a real period.  I did have cramps though.  I wasn't sure until later whether it was a period or I was pregnant, that's how light it was.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"