October 2014 Moms

CPW: Public Bathrooms

jesslinnnjesslinnn member
edited April 2014 in October 2014 Moms
What do you do when you have to use a public toilet?
DS1 8/11/10 
DS2 8/21/12
DD 9/26/14
Baby #4 edd 2/11/19 

CPW: Public Bathrooms 100 votes

Sit
64% 64 votes
Hover
28% 28 votes
I don't use public bathrooms
0% 0 votes
SS* explain
8% 8 votes

Re: CPW: Public Bathrooms

• I usually hover unless they have the seat protectors. I will sit if its a nicer place and looks clean.
  • I sit, but I use a cover or put toilet paper down. Some public bathrooms are just, ughhh. :-O

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I have never mastered the hover, so I just try and find the nicest stall and sit.  I do flush with my foot, though.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
  • I sit but I always check to make sure there's no pee on the seat before I sit down. That makes me crazy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Me: 30 | DH: 4/12/85 - 6/16/14 | Quinn Patrick born 9/28/14
  • What freaks me out are public bathroom floors!

While my MS was really bad, I was in a public bathroom (just to pee) and the woman in the stall next to me put her purse ON THE FLOOR! I almost had to vomit because my awful imagination was considering all the places she might put her purse later...kitchen counter? Dining room table? Her bed? ::shudders:: :-&
    imageimage
  • I sit.  I haven't come down with any plagues.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I also just sit. If seat protectors are available I'll use them, if not it doesn't really bother me. I'm much more of a germophobe about my hands, since they're what touches most things and moves food to my mouth. I wash them constantly! I probably have dishpan hands and I don't even do dishes.  /:)
  • I almost always sit, except in port-a-potties or if it's really terribly gross, then I'll hover.
  • I sit, but only with seat protectors or toilet paper in place first. And obviously after I take the time to clean up after the last nasty person who peed all over the seat. So freaking inconsiderate.
  • If I attempt to hover I pee all over the place. :-<

*January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails*

imageimageimage

• Ok, here is what I don't get.  If you are flushing with your foot (thanks for making it gross for me BTW) and then washing your hands....what is the point of flushing with your foot?
    Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• I hover. I feel like as my bump grows I'll eventually have to sit though.

Anniversary 

• Ok, here is what I don't get.  If you are flushing with your foot (thanks for making it gross for me BTW) and then washing your hands....what is the point of flushing with your foot?

Its still a shit-ton less germs you're washing off. I'd say the handle has pure fecal matter all over it. Poop. On the handle. If I can avoid this by using my shoe, I'm going to.

imageimageimage

• erawka said:

Sit, but always with Tp or protective cover, I also flush with my foot and try to not touch anything after I've washed my hands. My biggest fear is not the toilet, but the door handle on the way out!

Exactly. I always use my paper towel to open it. But I think they should pass a law that all restroom doors should be pull from the outside, push from the inside. This would help avoid grabby poopy door handles after hand washes!

imageimageimage

• I never knew that people didn't just sit until I was a senior in college.  It blew my mind.
  • You know what's the best? Those toilets that have the automatic plastic seat covers. I've only seen them in the airport in Chicago. They rule.
    I often wonder when the rest of the world will catch up with O'Hare...it is about the only thing they do right (other than the food choices!)
    Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• You know what's the best? Those toilets that have the automatic plastic seat covers. I've only seen them in the airport in Chicago. They rule.

I was in Germany a few years ago, and in a train station I was in, they had self-cleaning toilets that sanitized the seat after every use!
    imageimage
  • In a public bathroom, I sit. If it's gross, I hold it til later. If it's a port a potty, I hover. But I tend to only use those in dire emergencies :-x

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1 5/4/11 -- DD born 34w5d 12/4/11
    BFP #2 2/4/14 -- EDD 10/13/14

Every time someone bitches about O'Hare, I think: well yeah, but they have those seat protectors!

I usually wipe the seat with TP and sit. All you hoverers are the reason that most public toilets are so gross. I guess I'm just so used to peeing in the field hidden behind cars or bushes that I can pretty much go anywhere *shrug*

n Chart</a>"http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Charww.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Chart</a>

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"