September 2014 Moms

Really rude comment and at the same time freaking hilarious - south park reference

We are at my husband's grandmother's wake Sunday and my mother-in-law's cousin comes over and does the obligatory "sorry about your loss" and "congratulations about the baby" and proceeds to tell us her personal whatever.  She came late so I'd already been through the gauntlet of unwanted belly rubs and inappropriate questions (natural vs medicated?  hospital?  finding out?  blah blah blah) and thought that I've heard it all by now.

So she tells us that her grandson is about 5 now and that "What they say about ginger's is completely true (her words) and that he really is a contrary little boy and he is difficult but you love him anyway and that you could have a ginger too since it is on the M's side of the family (my husbands) so just warning you."

First - that is a really rude comment and generalization not just to pregnant ladies but I think to a lot of people.  I am sure there are millions of kids that are "contrary" and not freckled and redheaded.

But, it is freaking hilarious if you are a south park fan because all I could think of "This lady is totally saying that the 'ginger's have no souls' thing is true."  Unless there is another stereotype regarding ginger's that i'm unaware of?

BTW I don't actually believe the "ginger's have no souls" thing.

Re: Really rude comment and at the same time freaking hilarious - south park reference

• Loading the player...
  • Geez.  

Thank you to those who took it the way I mean it - that it was funny because I felt like I had a real life Cartman talking to me and I couldn't believe people ACTUALLY believe that crap.  

Speaking of actually believing in that crap - I can't wait to see the Book of Mormon in a couple of weeks!  Did anyone see it?  Is it as awesome as I hope it will be?  

• trebekastantrebekastan member
    edited April 2014
    Geez.  

Thank you to those who took it the way I mean it - that it was funny because I felt like I had a real life Cartman talking to me and I couldn't believe people ACTUALLY believe that crap.  

Speaking of actually believing in that crap - I can't wait to see the Book of Mormon in a couple of weeks!  Did anyone see it?  Is it as awesome as I hope it will be?  

You are such a "b**ch". Are you insulting Mormons here or just anyone with a faith in general. Please just go away!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Geez.  

Wow. What a disrespectful thing to say.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Are you offended by my statement that Mormon's actually believe in 'that' crap?  Cause I stand by my statement regarding that.  I can also say the same is true of ALL religions, including my own (Catholicism). 

It's called a JOKE.  Lighten up.  
  • Just stop.

• So because I have a different sense of humor, different opinions, and different beliefs than the majority of people on here I should be in violation of the TOS?  

Or is it because someone makes a comment you deem not in conformity with the majority and you choose, yes choose, to take offensively.  In fact, GingerGiraffe recognizes that I was probably not trying to be offensive with my original post but based on previous history doesn't give me the benefit of the doubt. 

I have and will be replying and commenting when things interest me.  I must have missed the sensitivity training while growing up, but, I do not go around with the purpose of hurting people or making them cry or making them upset intentionally (I don't sleep well at night feeling like an a-hole).  And I like to make jokes to try to diffuse the situations.  Clearly that backfires here and there.  There are plenty of comments I have made that people have completely ignored and not been offended by.

So you have a choice - you can choose to take me at my word.  Or you can choose to be offended by everything I write. I hope you choose the first because the second sounds emotionally draining.

• So because I have a different sense of humor, different opinions, and different beliefs than the majority of people on here I should be in violation of the TOS?  

Or is it because someone makes a comment you deem not in conformity with the majority and you choose, yes choose, to take offensively.  In fact, GingerGiraffe recognizes that I was probably not trying to be offensive with my original post but based on previous history doesn't give me the benefit of the doubt. 

I have and will be replying and commenting when things interest me.  I must have missed the sensitivity training while growing up, but, I do not go around with the purpose of hurting people or making them cry or making them upset intentionally (I don't sleep well at night feeling like an a-hole).  And I like to make jokes to try to diffuse the situations.  Clearly that backfires here and there.  There are plenty of comments I have made that people have completely ignored and not been offended by.

So you have a choice - you can choose to take me at my word.  Or you can choose to be offended by everything I write. I hope you choose the first because the second sounds emotionally draining.

You use lots of commas, but most of them are incorrect.

Also, your opinion about Mormonism isn't what is offensive to me, but you bringing it up in a post about redheads is.  It was irrelevant and a complete stretch to try to relate to the topic at hand. You are clearly reaching for drama, and you're very good at it, because you have found it again.

Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

S14 August Siggy Challenge.....ALL OF THE ALCOHOLS

• I'm an accountant and never did well in English.  So that explain the misuses of commas I suppose.

As for the connection - the guys who did South Park also did the "Book of Mormon."  Hence, why I jumped to that.
  • Everything @mrsdaniellem2010 said. Every single word. Especially the end.

OP is obviously not very good at learning from her mistakes...
  • SicheyanneSicheyanne member
    edited April 2014

Are you offended by my statement that Mormon's actually believe in 'that' crap?  Cause I stand by my statement regarding that.  I can also say the same is true of ALL religions, including my own (Catholicism). 

It's called a JOKE.  Lighten up.  
    I'm religious (Christian). I don't find your joke funny, just highly offensive. I don't really see how it's supposed to be funny at all.
    ... And I'm married to a redhead.

BabyFruit Ticker

image imageimage
    Married Since December 1st, 2012
    BFP#1 January 21st, 2014  
    EDD September 23rd, 2014

Air Force Wife, Oboist, Book Lover
    God's timing is perfect! 

• JD83JD83 member
    Okay, maybe I just read things differently, and I don't know OP's history here, but the way I read it was that the person making these anti-redhead statements at the wake was the moron who believes the stereotypes, not her. And that led to a segue about other ridiculous stereotypes which are depicted in the play The Book of Mormon, which is supposed to be incredibly funny.
    I could be way off base here, but I didn't interpret her statement to be bashing anyone's beliefs, except those who buy into stereotypes. But, like I said, I'm coming into this with no back story.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"