December 2013 Moms

Best Advice

Ladies,
So much great info has been shared on this board since our LO's have been born, so I'm curious - what's the best piece of advice you've recieved?

Mine: my LO had really bad baby acne when she was a few weeks old and it was driving her crazy. I'd tried bm to no availe. I asked the board and @Loolaide‌ suggested using CA baby calendula cream. It worked like a charm and she stopped scratching her face. Thanks Loolaide!!

Re: Best Advice

• I can't remember who, but someone told me about fenugreek... lifesaver 

DS #1 born 12.3.13
    BFP #2 09.21.14 EDD: 06.06.15

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Various posts on breastfeeding and pumping from the board members have helped me learn quite a lot and i don't think i could have managed breastfeeding for this long without the constant learning. Being a FTM i usually don't have much to add to any discussion but i do learn a lot from the board. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • clhathawayclhathaway member
    edited April 2014
    I know quite a few ladies said this so thanks to you all: a happy mom is a happy baby. When Hadley started having issues with puking, she refused to eat. My supply dropped to almost nothing even with all the supplements and pumping/nursing around the clock. The stress was making me crazy. We are now 100% formula. I shed far too many tears over it, when in reality my babies health was the top priority and not my feelings. If it wasn't for this board I would have starved LO for weeks because I was scared of failing.
  • Man, how do I even begin? Everyone here has been so amazing. 

I don't know if I would have kept up on breastfeeding if I hadn't read everyone else's similar struggles and realized it's not easy peasy. 

Product wise?? I can't thank this board enough for leading me to the hugmesew bibs. DD is actually DRY and the awful rash on her chest is a distant memory. Thanks jbrom!

D'awwww I love you guys.

So funny! As I was reading this, I got a notification on my phone saying my etsy order from hugmesew has shipped! Because of @SailorTink‌ and @jenniferbromley‌ I ordered 5 bibs yesterday and now I get to be so grateful for you guys in a couple days!! River has a really bad rash around his neck right now because I can't seem to keep that area dry with my other bibs. Thanks ladies!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Nrg2020 said:

I learned of the phrase "this too shall pass". Thank you, hard times do pass. Also thank you for teaching me how to store my milk bags in the freezer because I'm a moron and was doing it wrong.
    L-)

There is a wrong way?! Lol

• Nrg2020 said:

I learned of the phrase "this too shall pass". Thank you, hard times do pass. Also thank you for teaching me how to store my milk bags in the freezer because I'm a moron and was doing it wrong.
    L-)

If you have a ton, there is a more efficient way - so you can store more without having to buy several more freezers. ;-)

Ohhh okay. I definitely don't have a ton :(

• Nrg2020 said:

L-)

If you have a ton, there is a more efficient way - so you can store more without having to buy several more freezers. ;-)
    Ohhh okay. I definitely don't have a ton :(

Awe. No sad faces. A ton isn't always the blessing it appears to be. Sometimes it is, sometimes it is OS. Most mommies make just the exact perfect amount, so they don't have much to freeze, and that is a-ok!! :)

I know OS, can be hard to deal with. I don't mean to make light of that, I'm just upset lately because my supply has started to drop since going back to work. When I pump during the day I don't make as much as he is eating. It makes me really sad.

• I need to order some hugmesew bibs!
    Do the non-fleece backed ones work just as well? Fleece seems so hot for summer
  • @bubblesmtu‌ the organic ones will be much better for summer. But if you send her a little note she'll make any bib you want with an organic backing.
  • Even as a STM I've learned so much here! A lot of the suggestions from when all of our LO's were sick and had rsv and such helped tremendously. I would have never known to put the shower all the way on hot and steam it out in there. Also, the ladies on the depression/anxiety board have gotten me through some tough times. It's always good to know you're not alone. Thanks everyone!
  • There has been so much good advice on here. I think the best thing I learned though was to remember that I am K's mom, not everyone else IRL who seemed to think they knew my baby best. And without that his RSV would have been worse because everyone told me I was over reacting except you ladies! 
  • @hercules03‌ thank you for saying that. I needed to hear it. You're right, giving him some formula would not be the end of the world. It just makes me so emotional for whatever reason. All the feels this morning!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"