Stay at Home Moms

I am trying to remind myself...

that the first trimester is all about survival. And push away the guilt I feel that instead of going to do something after dropping DS off at school, DD and I came back home. Where she proceeded to watch tv in my bed while I wallowed next to her.
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers m/c 01-07-10

Re: I am trying to remind myself...

• Are you feeling sick? Tired? Both? As long as everyone eats, you're good. No guilt required. :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

C  7.16.2008 | L  11.12.2010 | A  3.18.2013

• caybehcaybeh member
    edited April 2014
    It's hard thing to remember! But yes, let her watch TV while you rest!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

• Loading the player...
  • How are you feeling?  And definitely no guilt required.  Take it easy on yourself!  
  • Hang in there! Agree, as long as you're keeping everyone fed, just try to get the rest you need - some extra tv never hurt anyone!
  • Thanks everyone. :) I am feeling exhausted.  I haven't had nausea yet (6 weeks 3 days today).  That raises a flag for me because I had hyperemesis with my first two.  I am a little nervous the exhaustion is from the progesterone and something is wrong.  Food sounds awful to me right now so that is a good sign.
  • trizzietrizzie member
    edited April 2014
    I'm not sure if you're okay with this...I faintly remember some of your previous posts that could say otherwise but with that said... Have you thought about enrolling her in some type of program for a couple of days?  Maybe even a few hours?  This would allow you to get some rest that you may need and give her an additional outlet beyond you. 
    Well, my mom is here and will take her when I need her too. (All of the programs here are ending soon and very few have summer programs).  I am trying not to call in my mom though because if things continue, I know I will need help in a few weeks when DS is finished with school. :)

ETA: Although, I did just find out about a place that has a drop-in program on an as needed basis. My friend used it last week and said it was great, so that may be an option.
  • I've never wished morning sickness on anyone, but I am for you. Hang in there and rest. Hugs.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

C  7.16.2008 | L  11.12.2010 | A  3.18.2013

• JenS2203 said:
    I've never wished morning sickness on anyone, but I am for you. Hang in there and rest. Hugs.
    Thank you :)
  • Hope this doesn't sound mean but I am thrilled you are feeling crappy;). There are actually quite a few programs in my area with summer programs and If I remember correctly you are not too far from me. Might be worth checking out!
  • I'm am just coming out of the first trimester nastiness myself. Survival is job 1. You are still alive, so good job and keep up the good work. TV is NBD.
    Elkanah Brave, born 02/06/2012 7:26am
  • Try not to feel guilty. Tv and ipad time is okay. Just rest. Any friends you could have a playdate with? Like a good friend who will do most of the supervision while you zone out a drink some tea? Hang in there!

DS1 4.4.11. &  DS2 4.18.13
  • First trimester is survival mode.  As long as the kids were fed and made it to school, nothing else mattered that much.  Feel better!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • First trimester was rough. Exhausted and pukey. Hang out and relax. No worries!

• vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited April 2014
    as long as the kids are fed you are good!  

for me it was the entire 9 months…..i wouldn't wish that on anyone.  I kept telling myself that it was only temporary and would be gone by week 14, but it never was :(  I would pray every night that I wouldn't get sick at 3am, but most nights I did.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"