Cloth Diapering

OS pocket diapers in stores?

slovacmomslovacmom member
edited April 2014 in Cloth Diapering
I'm specifically looking for Charlie banana? I'm new to cloth. I don't like gdiapers at all! Is there anywhere I can get Charlie banana in stores?! The search is getting ridiculous. I live in Portland, OR now.
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
IAmPregnant Tickerimage
Still learning English! Sometimes I don't know what things are named...  :)

Re: OS pocket diapers in stores?

• The only place I've seen CBs are in some Targets and some Babier R Us/Toys R Us.  

Any reason you specifically want CBs?  I'm not a fan of G diapers either, but there are many other great brands out there besides just CB like BumGenius, Rumparooz, SoftBums, Blueberry.  You might have to try a brick and mortar CD store rather than a big box store to find them though. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image imageimageimage

• CB is just what I liked the best from research. I will likely try others but there is nothing but gdiapers in all our target and bru stores. I'm at a loss as to find anything decent. I don't know that any cloth diaper stores exist here...
    IAmPregnant Tickerimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Never heard of buy buy baby so likely not... I may have to buy a prepaid visa and order online I just hate the activation charged on those. I just don't get why it's so easy to find g diapers when personally I think they're poorly made. But quality diapers are a nightmare to locate.
    IAmPregnant Tickerimage
  • A google search yielded these stores in Portland:

Also I guess there's a Cotton Babies storefront in Vancouver WA if you plan to be in that area any time soon.

image imageimageimage

• Charlie Banana aren't the easiest to find in store. But there are lots of great brands out there, so don't get too hung up on finding that specific one.

But being in the Portland area you have a few options for CD stores:

In Vancouver WA there is a Cotton Babies store (lucky you!). They are the manufacturers of the very popular BumGenius and Flip brands, but the also carry other brands in store-
    https://www.cottonbabies.com/index.php?cPath=99

In Hillsboro there is My Precious Kid
    https://www.mypreciouskid.com/blog/2011/06/cloth-diaper-store-westside-portland-oregon/

EcoBabyGear is in SE Portland
    https://www.ecobabygear.com/
  • Cotton babies is on my list my mom lives in "the couve" it's only a 20 min drive. Ecobaby told me to order online and the precious kid one I couldn't find I drove around for 25 min... I'm excited about the Vancouver store for sure though.
    IAmPregnant Tickerimage
  • Bummer about the EcoBaby, but definitely go to Cotton Babies when you get the chance. Their stuff is really nice and they only have two stores in the US.

I used to live in Portland so I am familiar with 'the couve.' : )
  • I guess I was hoping someone would have some obvious store I'd forgotten! Annoying when places have them on the website then tell you to order online when you go to buy them! I don't trust using my card online so don't!
    IAmPregnant Tickerimage
  • Target used to carry them in store but they don't anymore.

Go to one of the CD stores and check out different kinds in person before you decide.

We hated our Charlie bananas. What was it that made you decide on them?
    Married 6/18/11
    BFP #1 10/26/12 DS born 6/30/13
    BFP #2 10/30/13 MC 11/25/13
    BFP #3 1/18/14 DS #2 born 10/7/14
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• slovacmomslovacmom member
    edited April 2014
    I like the adjustable leg gussets because we all have small babies in my family (5-6lbs) with tiny noodle-legs. Also I am nanny to some older boys (5 and 6), their mother said they were her favorite.  But I am basing everything on word from other moms locally and on reviews. Another reason I don't want to order online is because I prefer to look at things and hold them in my hand before I buy and I can't do that with an internet picture. But I cannot find anywhere to look at the diapers except gDiapers, which I already know I do not like. I'm flexible but there's NOTHING in stores like BRU, Target, Walmart etc over here but gdiapers, which is irritating. 
    IAmPregnant Tickerimage
  • If your issue is using online shopping (as opposed to wanting to see/touch/play with the diapers prior to purchase) you should be able to go to customer service in most store and order anything they carry online (either ship-to-store for a later pick up or shipped to your home address).
  • If you are sure that you want Charlie bananas, their website has a store finder with a few options near you, including what PPs mentioned.
    Married 6/18/11
    BFP #1 10/26/12 DS born 6/30/13
    BFP #2 10/30/13 MC 11/25/13
    BFP #3 1/18/14 DS #2 born 10/7/14
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• slovacmomslovacmom member
    edited April 2014
    A lot of it is that I want to look at it and see if I like it. I want to know what the materials feel like, how big the gaps in the legs and waist really are, how much "give" there is etc. So I really don't want to buy something and get it, only to find that I really don't like it at all. And that's on top of my unwillingness to order anything online anyway. I still use checks to pay my bills even. I think I am going to drive over to Cotton Babies later this week and see what they have in store. It's our last purchase aside from some clothes if we still need them after the shower so I guess my nesting instinct is just going insane not being able to get a stash of diapers ready. I have NONE so far!

Edit to add:  The CB website lists stores that sell them online. It was really misleading, it even said that Target sold them in stores on one of their videos, but when I went they had nothing and the lady who worked there had no idea what I was even talking about... I'll just hit this one store and see what they've got! Thanks for all the suggestions everyone :)
    IAmPregnant Tickerimage
  • With the CB's at Target, you'd have to buy and ship to store to see them in person. I doubt many (if any) Targets carry them in store.
    Lilypie Maternity tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • OP- cotton babies is in Vancouver, its a great CD store. There is also a CD store in Hillsboro.
    The only place I've seen Charlie Banana diapers are at once upon a child in Vancouver on 4th plain blvd.

They are not the greatest from what i was seeing. I think a pack of 6 was a little over $100. I think it would be money better spent if better quality diapers like BG were purchased, but that's my option. :-)

I live in Vancouver!! :-)

• I agree with @labellavida

I live in Portland as well and Cotton Babies is a GREAT store. Just be prepared to walk out with your bank account drained... there's just SO MUCH! I am also weak when it comes to baby shopping... I tend to spend $75-$100 on baby shower gifts for friends because I have no restraint.
  • Fuzzibunz Elite also have adjustable elastic in the legs so you may want to add them to your list of diapers to look at. As adjustable as they are, though, I've never liked the way they fit on DS -- he is also a skinny-legged beanpole and I was never happy with how the diaper fit on his hips/waist. Just not cut right for him, I guess.
  • I really do love our CBs, and I ordered mine online with Target gift cards. Perhaps you could purchase a gift card to buy the CDs and have them shipped to the store. The return should be easy if you don't like them. You could try BumGenius at the same time since Target carries those online as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"