July 2013 Moms

I'm a Judgey McJudgerson

***zipping up flame suit***

As you maybe know, I teach preschool at a dc center where we have ages 6wks-12 year olds present every day. One of my co workers had a baby six weeks early and this baby is now 5 weeks old. She was in the nicu for a few weeks but has been home since and doing great. The mom is 20, hs educated, bf is kinda a deadbeat, but she's a really sweet girl. She started working here about 3 weeks before she had her baby.

About a week after they brought baby home from nicu she brought her in to show her off to all of us and let us pass her around.

She's supposed to be starting back to work and bringing tiny baby with her on Monday but she started already today, saying she was bored. I know it's her life abd I would never say anything to her but seriously? ?? I would NEVER bring my preemie baby to a dc center at 5 weeks old knowing the amount of sickness that dc usually has. Just since last week we have had two cases of bronchitis, four ear infections, and a case of strep. That's really just the way it is at a center but why would you expose your teeny tiny baby to it if you didn't have to just because yor are "bored"?

Sorry it just bugs me! Go ahead and tell me to CTFD. I'm just annoyed and feeling bad for that little baby.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: I'm a Judgey McJudgerson

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sure she needs the money, no doubt. I just get nervous thinking about her just passing her teeny baby around at daycare when she was just getting home from the nicu. I don't know. ..I just worry about baby.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • That's crazy. We got scolded for taking James to visit his great grandpa at skilled nursing when he was 6 months old.
  • NKaeding said:
    I will say that I was insanely bored on maternity leave and went back to work (from home) early. But I guess it's a lack of support and money for her.

Yes, this. I was itching to go back to work after 6 weeks on maternity leave. I had plenty of support, but was also struggling with PPA and felt like going back to work and getting back on a routine would help me CTFD.

You can voice your concern if you feel inclined. But I'm on the boat that she probably needs the money.

• I have nothing to add, but that I wasn't bored on my "maternity leave".
  • I was bored as absolute hell on Maternity leave and actually came back nearly a week early because I was climbing the walls. That being said, it's 3 days early that she's starting baby in daycare, not 3 months, so I am team CTFD. How early was her LO, because that makes a huge difference too...a 30 weeker is way different from a 35 weeker in terms of immune system development and stuff. 
  • Thanks for your insight ladies. My "issue" isn't that she was returning to work after 6 weeks. I did the same with my first two babies. I definitely wasn't bored on maternity leave but financially needed to return to work. My problem is that she came back today instead of Monday like she was scheduled to. Not even our boss knew she was coming in and she didn't say anything, just let her come on in and start working. So strange! I guess she wanted to come and get 3 extra days of work. 

I realize that everyone has a different financial situation and I don't judge her for that one bit. I've been there. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"