December 2013 Moms

Delayed reaction to 4 month shots?

LO has shots on Monday. He was fine the rest if the day, gave him a little Tylenol before bed because he seemed to be hurting a little and he was fine yesterday. He started nursing around 9:30 and I put him in his bed a little before 10, which is normal. And, he's been up every hour since. Not normal. Around 12 he screamed for 30 mins, and I couldn't decipher what was wrong. He wants to nurse or cry and will only sleep on me. I'm wondering if any of you had a delayed reaction to 4 month shots? Maybe the rotavirus is hurting his tummy? TIA!

Me: 31 | DH: 33

DS1: 12.23.13 | DS2: 05.06.16

BFP: 06.30.19 | EDD: 3.9.20

**TW**
TTC3: 11.18
BFP: 02.05.19
CP: 03.07.19
*really traumatic recovery*

Re: Delayed reaction to 4 month shots?

• Sounds like it could be from the shots. Those were basically Bens exact reactions.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It could be a reaction to the shots, IME it usually takes about a day for it to effect them if it's going to.
  • Loading the player...
  • We managed to get through the 4 month shots unscathed but his 2 month shots were awful. Thankfully his night sleep wasn't really affected but he wouldn't nap all day long and pretty acted the same way as your baby. It lasted a couple days.
  • My son was fine the whole day after he got his 4 months shot ( he got them at 9 in the morning). The next day he was fussy and had temperature. He also wanted to be held and slept a lot.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Thanks y'all! I guess I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something else by chalking it up to shots.

**TW**

• LO got hers Monday too. That day was okay but Tuesday she was upset and sore I think. And last night was a bad night. She didn't want to go to sleep and then just wanted to be held. Even after Tylenol. She's better today
  • DS had his shots on Monday too. He was fine Monday afternoon and yesterday. He's a whiney mess today so I think it absolutely could be a reaction to the shots. And I think sometimes their little legs just hurt from the shots. I know my arms get sore after shots for a few days.
  • Arlo had a pretty bad reaction to his 4-month shots last Tuesday (he was fine with the 2-month shots). He got total insomnia from them for a couple of days after having slept though the night for the last couple of months. I had to nurse him pretty continuously, and now our entire schedule is thrown off. It's one week later and he's still waking up at night. I hate everything.

*shakes fist toward the heavens*
  • Arlo had a pretty bad reaction to his 4-month shots last Tuesday (he was fine with the 2-month shots). He got total insomnia from them for a couple of days after having slept though the night for the last couple of months. I had to nurse him pretty continuously, and now our entire schedule is thrown off. It's one week later and he's still waking up at night. I hate everything.

*shakes fist toward the heavens*
    RIGHT?!?! The delayed reaction is like a cruel, cruel joke. Shaking my fist right along with you, @MissleToad‌!!

**TW**

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"